TGC CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL COMPETITION

Crunchie

1 hour ago, Denman said:

I did say earlier in this thread or the chat thread with this format literally 4 days of picking horses can be won from picking 27 losers and 1 nice winner!

would someone not picking a 66/1 winner do very well last year?? 

32 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

would someone not picking a 66/1 winner do very well last year?? 

He wouldn't have won, no, as consistency was more of a key. We had people who had picked a 20/1+ winner and finished on negative scores. Whereas you for example with your consistency would have done quite well using level stake point scoring. I think with your system I wouldnt have picked what I fancied I would have just picked 50+/1 shots in every race with 10 or 20pts win and hoped to have been lucky.  As that would be the smartest approach.

Edited by Guest

I would just suggest maybe looking at the format. Not having a go, I know they are time consuming and a bit of a pain in the ass. That one last year that I did on here was the first one on these forums, without about half the participants or less than this year and it was still a pain in the ass.

14 minutes ago, Denman said:

I would just suggest maybe looking at the format. Not having a go, I know they are time consuming and a bit of a pain in the ass. That one last year that I did on here was the first one on these forums, without about half the participants or less than this year and it was still a pain in the ass.

No worries, but you know what they say, better to be lucky than good.

The counter argument could be that it means everyone has a chance of winning till the very end keeping it more exciting?? but I get what your saying, but you still got to find that 66/1 winner amongst 20+ riders. Its the only comp i done where everyone plays all days, so gotta keep peeps interested. Cheers squire.

• Keeemon 4

10 minutes ago, Roger_aka_Roger said:

Oh boom, bronze medal, we get paaaaaaid

Thanks to crunchie and 1p

I've pm'd my bank details for payment

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn Son, Boooooooooooom Baby, Roger Gets Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid  !!!! 

Roger you could just barter for a hoodie, you said you wanted to win one...... or spin that wheel baby !!!

Well obviously i won, poffessional tipster me. ?

No, seriously, I actually can't believe it and I am so sorry for everyone who had a clue as to what was going on because I was winging it all the way, total fluke. 

Not gonna lie though I am chuffed to bits ? and it has been an entertaining week on the forum.

Does this mean I get a trophy so I look all important? ?

Looking forward to next year ??? geeup. 

• Good Luck! 4
  • Keeemon 1

13 hours ago, Jok3st3r said:

Well obviously i won, poffessional tipster me. ?

No, seriously, I actually can't believe it and I am so sorry for everyone who had a clue as to what was going on because I was winging it all the way, total fluke. 

Not gonna lie though I am chuffed to bits ? and it has been an entertaining week on the forum.

Does this mean I get a trophy so I look all important? ?

Looking forward to next year ??? geeup. 

Wheeeeeeeeey!! you got ya trophy!! GTFIT. Congrats again

• Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, Crunchienut said:

Wheeeeeeeeey!! you got ya trophy!! GTFIT. Congrats again

Awwwww thanks Crunchie, top bloke. Had to come and see from the PC, looks great. I assume thanks goes to @MrUKHackz for it? Thank you.

A little side note re Glastonbury, from their site:

CAN I STILL BOOK A TICKET?

Quite possibly, yes – don’t give up hope! There will be a resale of any returned coach packages on the evening of Thursday 25th April followed by a general admission resale on the morning of Sunday 28th April.

So there is still a small glimmer of hope @Crunchienut 

• Good Luck! 1

1 hour ago, Jok3st3r said:

Awwwww thanks Crunchie, top bloke. Had to come and see from the PC, looks great. I assume thanks goes to @MrUKHackz for it? Thank you.

A little side note re Glastonbury, from their site:

CAN I STILL BOOK A TICKET?

Quite possibly, yes – don’t give up hope! There will be a resale of any returned coach packages on the evening of Thursday 25th April followed by a general admission resale on the morning of Sunday 28th April.

So there is still a small glimmer of hope @Crunchienut 

Yeah, cheers, I know about the resale, but its equally competitive to getting them in October. You need super duper broadband to beat these people in London into getting them, but will give it a go. No overly inspired by the bands at the mo, but it's not just about the music at Glasto as there is so much going on.... too much really as you never ever get to do all you plan to do.   Thanks for the heads up @Jok3st3r I'll put the date in my reminders. Good Luck when you get your spin, will it be £100 or £200?????? GTFIT

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn sista!!   

:fudgey:

I feel everyone involved due to the ultra competitive nature of the competition should also receive a trophy.

I have spoken to a do gooder group called PITA (pain in the arse) and they have said our civil liberties have been breached and we cannot continue in life with such disapointment so trophy's for everyone. ?

• Shocked! 1
  • Love 3

53 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I feel everyone involved due to the ultra competitive nature of the competition should also receive a trophy.

I have spoken to a do gooder group called PITA (pain in the arse) and they have said our civil liberties have been breached and we cannot continue in life with such disapointment so trophy's for everyone. ?

Trophies mean nothing mate

Just another Class system 

lol 

Anyone need a hotel in Liverpool on grand national day. Friday-Sunday

Got a two night booking at Hilton Hampton City Centre. Selling for face value £300 for two nights.

I booked months ago.  Includes breakfast for two.

Can sell as single night for grand national Saturday for 150 and amend booking.

Edited by Just Nathan