Government Emergency Alerts Service???

Mad Slasher McGurk

I just got a text messase that says "This is a mobile network operator test of the emergency alerts service, You do not need to take any action. To find out more, search for gov.uk/alerts."

Apparently it's some kind of service where you get a warning if you are near some kind of disaster to help you steer clear of it but does that mean I'm continually being tracked despite all the location / GPS settings being off as I'm not so keen on that?  I remember once coming out of the cinema at Braehead Xscape and my phone got a message saying "you are right outside the door of Pizza Express why not come in for a pizza! and it pissed me off for days.

31 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I just got a text messase that says "This is a mobile network operator test of the emergency alerts service, You do not need to take any action. To find out more, search for gov.uk/alerts."

Apparently it's some kind of service where you get a warning if you are near some kind of disaster to help you steer clear of it but does that mean I'm continually being tracked despite all the location / GPS settings being off as I'm not so keen on that?  I remember once coming out of the cinema at Braehead Xscape and my phone got a message saying "you are right outside the door of Pizza Express why not come in for a pizza! and it pissed me off for days.

It has nothing to do with you having anything on or off on your mobile phone. This msg comes directly from the mobile network operators so everyone on their network gets it.

• Keeemon 2

11 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Update, when I cancelled the message it took me to settings where there were options to cancel alerts, there were loads of them as well so I opted out of all of them, I swear I''ve never seen that menu in settings before though.

Probably sent an alert to everyone in Berwick there was a chance you were going to buy your first round at the boozer hardman.

• Love 2
  • Keeemon 1

36 minutes ago, RB91 said:

They can track that too, to be fair.

The police took my Nan’s phone a £10 phone you get from Tesco thinking it was a burner. She’s been dead a few years and I kept it because it had the messages we kept between us leading to her death. They even had the audacity to read some messages out unrelated to the case to rile me up. 

As you say everything is traceable unfortunately 

8 hours ago, Gkell727 said:

The police took my Nan’s phone a £10 phone you get from Tesco thinking it was a burner. She’s been dead a few years and I kept it because it had the messages we kept between us leading to her death. They even had the audacity to read some messages out unrelated to the case to rile me up. 

As you say everything is traceable unfortunately 

Yep, that’s the world we live in. Fortunately I’m not bothered about being tracked. “That fudger goes to the pub a lot” is all they’ll gather about me

• Love 1

Guest Chair Slots
22 hours ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

If you’ve had the jab they’re probably tracking you through that 

D8991BA0-177C-4267-B8FA-2B1A0703CF64.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chair Slots said:

If you’ve had the jab they’re probably tracking you through that 

D8991BA0-177C-4267-B8FA-2B1A0703CF64.jpeg

I am given to believe that each jab has an individual tracker in it and the nice people getting  it confirm all their details so that  they do not get the wrong person.   Remember just because you are paranoid  it does not mean they are not out to get you !

21 hours ago, howfin said:

I get the whole privacy thing but fuck me, its not as if some dude is sat there cock in hand watching your every move all tech can be tracked and trace get over it and just enjoy the fucking fact we have technology like this

I'd be glad of the compliment of anyone using me for masturbatory material.

They're just broadcasts - every device currently attached to the mast(s) that they want to target will get the message. Still doesn't stop the wife giving me the 'who's that then?' look 🙂

On 04/06/2021 at 16:13, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I remember once coming out of the cinema at Braehead Xscape 

Used to love going in there fella and as you'll know it's not the cheapest place but I liked a look around evans cycles and the skateboard shop, name of has slipped my mind, bawnag or sumit like that.

Xscape also had a cracking steak house called Tony Roma's and that place is very much missed,  closed down a while back,  ribs were spot on,  you could smell the food when you were in the cinema. 

Been in a few other food places but they were just ok,  Tony Roma's was a cracking place. 

• Keeemon 1