Tipping Comp ***selections Only***

VillaLad

59 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

Well done @Solario333 but this was another thing destroyed on here by people who overtook the competition.

Me VillaLad and David started this competition out as a bit of weekly fun but it's now just another one of these shitty prize draws. 

On the contrary ..... the competition has provided focus and determination over a long period for all those who played. We aren't playing for the Prizes but for the glory of achievement... Those who have spent time setting up and persevering with the weekly format have done a great job in keeping this site alive when all else ,and many people didi not contribute.   Let us not create division but accept that we reach have a different approach .  

• Puke! 1

11 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

On the contrary ..... the competition has provided focus and determination over a long period for all those who played. We aren't playing for the Prizes but for the glory of achievement... Those who have spent time setting up and persevering with the weekly format have done a great job in keeping this site alive when all else ,and many people didi not contribute.   Let us not create division but accept that we reach have a different approach .  

I don't doubt the vast majority were never playing for prizes as they were playing before any prizes were introduced including yourself. 

What I'm calling out is the whole let's play for a prize thing. I know many were unhappy with this but stayed quiet on the subject. The competition had its own integerity in that there was no prize, just the love of horse racing. 

27 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I don't doubt the vast majority were never playing for prizes as they were playing before any prizes were introduced including yourself. 

What I'm calling out is the whole let's play for a prize thing. I know many were unhappy with this but stayed quiet on the subject. The competition had its own integerity in that there was no prize, just the love of horse racing. 

Ok on this i agree , however the love of horse racing didi not suffer ,and the banter and competition amongst us all was good natured .... Im sure many people who played are looking forward to the next one and determined to do better.  In a league ,over so many weeks , the racing results created a genuine mix of skill and misery in equal amounts as people rose and fell according to the day .... and each week the table reflected the success or not.... it is a fair measure of consistency .I  have always loved horses ,and will play in any competition ,purely for the fun element , but also to improve my performance over a set period.    I learnt a great deal from the format and was able to improve my place by better selections and more focussed examination of the weekly conditions ..... so all in all t has been very worthwhile from a personal perspective.  The prizes remain a subject of fun also since a spin on the wheel s also entertaining ...regardless of the outcome. 

• Keeemon 2

36 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I definitely only play to win a prize, sorry if that offends you bud.

The prize of recognition of being the best of the best.

That's it the trophy of champions

Screenshot_20191229-094043_Chrome.jpg

• Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

OK so maybe I'm being a little drama queen and it's impossible to argue with nice people so I'll leave it but these prizes have made it impossible for me to play. 

Agree with some of your thoughts bud. There are some people whose only interaction on here is competitions, there the ones who are clearly only looking to win spins on the wheel. 

3 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Agree with some of your thoughts bud. There are some people whose only interaction on here is competitions, there the ones who are clearly only looking to win spins on the wheel. 

Yes mate, I all honesty I don't think anyone is to be honest. I mean who would actually take the effort of doing picks for 6 months to potentially win a t shirt. 

It's just I liked it the old school way that's all 

Just now, Miller26 said:

Yes mate, I all honesty I don't think anyone is to be honest. I mean who would actually take the effort of doing picks for 6 months to potentially win a t shirt. 

It's just I liked it the old school way that's all 

To be completely honest the actual prize has never really interested me. When I started entering them I was trying to stay off gambling as I'd lost quite a lot, and it gave me something to be in which gave me interest without betting it helped me a lot I did a whole month and got back to sensible stakes just for that I really appreciate the effort of other people on the community to set them up and score and that's why I enter some of them I maybe dont have much interest in. 

20 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

OK so maybe I'm being a little drama queen and it's impossible to argue with nice people so I'll leave it but these prizes have made it impossible for me to play. 

Thats your choice but do try and not be so negative to us that enjoy the fun of playing in the comps which keep people engaged with each other on the forum.  I myself am not worried about the prizes per se and enjoy the challenge of trying to come up with a decent score.  You can play and not take the prize if you want. Nothing stopping you donating your prize

• Keeemon 3

18 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Thats the nature of it .  There are still plenty of people who watch(ed ?)  Pauls streams who do not participate on the forum at all.  You see it when he did his giveaways how many people came to the forum to enter but at the same time a lot of them  had no other interest in what is going on here.

I feel @Crunchie  and others do a lot of work behind the scenes   to  get these comps going and encouraging people to have a go. Look how many people take part in his horseracing comps at the festivals for instance.   He still has to do all the work even if there are no prizes.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

Thats the nature of it .  There are still plenty of people who watch(ed ?)  Pauls streams who do not participate on the forum at all.  You see it when he did his giveaways how many people came to the forum to enter but at the same time a lot of them  had no other interest in what is going on here.

I feel @Crunchie  and others do a lot of work behind the scenes   to  get these comps going and encouraging people to have a go. Look how many people take part in his horseracing comps at the festivals for instance.   He still has to do all the work even if there are no prizes.

Definitely bud. @Crunchie clearly puts in a decent shift. 

29 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Thats your choice but do try and not be so negative to us that enjoy the fun of playing in the comps which keep people engaged with each other on the forum.  I myself am not worried about the prizes per se and enjoy the challenge of trying to come up with a decent score.  You can play and not take the prize if you want. Nothing stopping you donating your prize

I would definitely not be taking any prize Phil. Just because my opinion differs from yours please don't shoot me down. Stay humble

35 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

I would definitely not be taking any prize Phil. Just because my opinion differs from yours please don't shoot me down. Stay humble

you are not taking part either so let us who are enjoy it .  Not everything has to be fixed to your view of how things should be done especially as you are not doing the hard work on these comps.

I will leave it there I am off for the day

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

you are not taking part either so let us who are enjoy it .  Not everything has to be fixed to your view of how things should be done especially as you are not doing the hard work on these comps.

I will leave it there I am off for the day

Well for your information me David and VillaLad started this competition and it was taken off us by the elite. It isn't exactly hard to do a league as well is it

1 hour ago, Miller26 said:

Well for your information me David and VillaLad started this competition and it was taken off us by the elite. It isn't exactly hard to do a league as well is it

Im not biting...but nothing was taken off anyone. Villa was doing the scoring when we first started. Villa asked if anyone else wanted to score as he was taking a time out, I said i didn't mind, no one else offered, and it stayed like that till 1p wanted to do it. No one took anything off anyone....its just carried on regardless. Both you and david have taken time outs, and neither of you play anymore. were we supposed to stop? ...then this summer, Hackz offered up a prize to us. No one extra has joined in really cos there is a prize, and no one has to accept it. There are still only 16-18 of us who play and enjoy playing every week. I don't understand what your getting at tbh with the negativity. No doing tables isn't hard once set up, but 1p doesn't have to do it. He enjoys giving something back to TGC and supporting the community by doing so.

And what elite btw? I wasn't aware of any.....

36 minutes ago, Crunchie said:

Im not biting...but nothing was taken off anyone. Villa was doing the scoring when we first started. Villa asked if anyone else wanted to score as he was taking a time out, I said i didn't mind, no one else offered, and it stayed like that till 1p wanted to do it. No one took anything off anyone....its just carried on regardless. Both you and david have taken time outs, and neither of you play anymore. were we supposed to stop? ...then this summer, Hackz offered up a prize to us. No one extra has joined in really cos there is a prize, and no one has to accept it. There are still only 16-18 of us who play and enjoy playing every week. I don't understand what your getting at tbh with the negativity. No doing tables isn't hard once set up, but 1p doesn't have to do it. He enjoys giving something back to TGC and supporting the community by doing so.

And what elite btw? I wasn't aware of any.....

I'll address some of your points 

1.when villa lad took a break, I was told in no uncertain circumstances not to stand in your way. 

2.hackz has resorted to eating hedgehogs to pay for the prize 

3.we all know the secret handshakes that go on around this place 

4.ill be launching my own competition in due course with a £3000 top prize but no duplicate entries otherwise I'll spit my dummy out, complain on twitter and refuse to speak.