Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

I believe it is Czechs or Denmark

Oh dear, if that is the case they have to get to the final. But we said the same thing in the World Cup and they slipped up against Croatia. 

3 minutes ago, Denman said:

Oh dear, if that is the case they have to get to the final. But we said the same thing in the World Cup and they slipped up against Croatia. 

They always had the softer side of the draw in theory although shocks in the other side  have weakened that a bit as well. After the Netherlands went out it was said that the Germans or English would go favourites to make the final on this side depending on who won the game.

next round is in Rome though 

8 minutes ago, Blacko said:

When u ladies have finished clawing each other’s eyes out could someone advise me if Sweden is a good bet for tonight.

They should win as the Ukraine were third  in their group against the Netherlands and Austria  who are both  out  and the  Swedes topped their group  which had Spain in it

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blacko said:

When u ladies have finished clawing each other’s eyes out could someone advise me if Sweden is a good bet for tonight.

Feck don't be asking for tip guidance from this site 

Invest it in Dogecoin 

Edited by Bangers
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Feck don't be asking for tip guidance from this site 

Aye it’s like the film “let it ride” where Richard Dreyfus asks all the punters what their backing before plumping for the horse no one mentioned, sounds like a plan on TGC

Absolute bet of the day was the serena Williams match. Bookies a bit late to react. Serena fell over, took a injury break. Came back and broke down in tears. At this point her opponent was still 11/10. Madness. Serena withdrew several points later. Hope the bookies got spanked for it 

1 minute ago, Gkell727 said:

Absolute bet of the day was the serena Williams match. Bookies a bit late to react. Serena fell over, took a injury break. Came back and broke down in tears. At this point her opponent was still 11/10. Madness. Serena withdrew several points later. Hope the bookies got spanked for it 

Offensive

• Love 2

2 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

fit.PNG

• Love 2

1 minute ago, Bangers said:

The Welsh Volleyball team are better than us tbf  

To be fair to Scotland their group has now produced 2 quarter finalists and Croatia gave a solid display the other day, the Welsh rode their luck a bit before being thoroughly dismantled by the Danes. It’s tough trying to compete with that standard of opposition.

28 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Kane is England's worst player every game so far, feel for Calvert-Lewin not even getting a sniff. 

I can't believe he's only 27, I thought he was much older, he's always been surrounded by a narrative of continually needing a break and being physically overstretched and he's just a kid.

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk

1 minute ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I can't believe he's only 27, I thought he was much older, he's always been surrounded by a narrative of continually needing a break and being physically overstretched and he's just a kid.

Yeah hes got the legs of someone in their mid 30's, if he were a racehorse he'd be put out to pasture I reckon 🙄

23 hours ago, Cleandries said:

If England can believe in themselves then this tournament is there for taking. As most of the other teams are not living up to the hype about them / nothing to be scared of.

Italy needed ET to wear down the likes Austria & were shit in qualify

Belgium could be in trouble if DrBryne & E Hazard don't stay match fit but do play nice football with those lads on park.

Spain are a very exciting future prospect but prone to school boy errors in defence.

So it just leaves England to attack the old man Hummels in defence 

Muller up front must be getting ready to draw pension. 

Should be an easy win tonight!

I had nice bet on England 29/20 

& Laid Germany a few times at approx 9/4 - 5/2 

Sore head & heading for cure at 11am

• Good Luck! 2