Coronavirus

Here is a procurement contract from the UK Government for a Covid advertising campaign to run from the 1st of April 2021 and to be ongoing for 2 years so the psycological warfare and all the rest of the associated BS is lasting another 2 years yet minimum.

https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/Notice/005534-2021?origin=SearchResults&p=1

II.1.4) Short description

The Executive Office requires the immediate appointment of an advertising contractor to build on and continue to deliver a multimedia advertising campaign on COVID-19. The contract duration is for two years commencing on 1 April 2021. The maximum budget is £2 million exclusive of VAT.

There was also a similar procurement document on here previously for a new computer software package to handle "the expected high increase in adverse vaccine side effects" but I can't seem to find that one any more.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Here is a procurement contract from the UK Government for a Covid advertising campaign to run from the 1st of April 2021 and to be ongoing for 2 years so the psycological warfare and all the rest of the associated BS is lasting another 2 years yet minimum.

https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/Notice/005534-2021?origin=SearchResults&p=1

The Executive Office requires the immediate appointment of an advertising contractor to build on and continue to deliver a multimedia advertising campaign on COVID-19. The contract duration is for two years commencing on 1 April 2021. The maximum budget is £2 million exclusive of VAT.

There was also a similar procurement document on here previously for a new computer software package to handle "the expected high increase in adverse vaccine side effects" but I can't seem to find that one any more.

Scum, they won't be breaking me with their psy ops. 

• Keeemon 1

2 hours ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

This could be about anything though. For the last year all we've heard was stay at home, wash you hands, save the NHS or whatever it was. Then they changed it as they deemed the infection rate to be dropping. It could literally be a new contract for that sort of message. There are many justifiable things they could need a marketing campaign for covid. 

• Keeemon 1

26 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

This could be about anything though. For the last year all we've heard was stay at home, wash you hands, save the NHS or whatever it was. Then they changed it as they deemed the infection rate to be dropping. It could literally be a new contract for that sort of message. There are many justifiable things they could need a marketing campaign for covid. 

I think they will rinse and repeat the tactics they used last year this year again, open back up ever so slowly bit by bit to get through the warm summer months in order to get back through to the colder winter months when they can start passing off all the winter respiratory infections as covid again nd blame the public for not adhering to the rules enough.  Guaranteed the vote to extend the covid powers will go through.

• Keeemon 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

Opinions on this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56608632

Seems that as I do not own a smartphone I will not be able to have a pint as I will not be able to log into check and trace or pay for my drink. Ridiculous in my opinion.

Pretty sure we are headed to a cashless society in UK anyway. Gradually stripping us of every other right we have. Complete visibility of our finances is obviously the next step 

• Keeemon 2

10 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

Seems that as I do not own a smartphone I will not be able to have a pint as I will not be able to log into check and trace or pay for my drink. Ridiculous in my opinion.

Under the new guidance, every customer aged 16 and over will have to check in to NHS test and trace before entering a venue, or give their contact details to staff

No need for a smartphone. 👍

• Keeemon 1

18 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

Not in my local mate. The joys of having a village pub. Already been told our poker night is back on after May 17th. 

• Keeemon 2

8 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Not in my local mate. The joys of having a village pub. Already been told our poker night is back on after May 17th. 

Or mine to be fair. Were still allowed to smoke in it most nights. That’s Cornwall for you though 

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

Under the new guidance, every customer aged 16 and over will have to check in to NHS test and trace before entering a venue, or give their contact details to staff

No need for a smartphone. 👍

So I would have to give my details to someone working in a bar? No thanks or I am Bob Smith who lives on Coronation street lol It is starting to feel like the thin end of the wedge to me now and makes no sense given these rules will not apply in supermarkets or shops. Although I will be vaccinated next week so maybe I will be one of the privileged few of my age with a vaccine passport as that now seems inevitable.

2 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Or mine to be fair. Were still allowed to smoke in it most nights. That’s Cornwall for you though 

Same in mine. Only thing is i stopped smoking 6 years ago lol. It just means i won't into town till June but can live with that. 

5 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Last time I smoked in a pub was in a social club in Cornwall a few years ago it was great even though the locals kept calling me a Northern monkey lol

• Love 3

1 minute ago, salfordlad said:

So I would have to give my details to someone working in a bar? No thanks or I am Bob Smith who lives on Coronation street lol It is starting to feel like the thin end of the wedge to me now and makes no sense given these rules will not apply in supermarkets or shops. Although I will be vaccinated next week so maybe I will be one of the privileged few of my age with a vaccine passport as that now seems inevitable.

I'm just working out that euros start in June. Social distancing is been stopped 21st June. Pubs should be packed for the England games. I'd like to see them check everyone's details when that happens.

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Pretty sure we are headed to a cashless society in UK anyway. Gradually stripping us of every other right we have. Complete visibility of our finances is obviously the next step 

Slippery slope. The reason I do not own a smartphone is I never felt I needed one and do not trust people with my data but it seems more and more impossible to live without one these days.

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

I'm just working out that euros start in June. Social distancing is been stopped 21st June. Pubs should be packed for the England games. I'd like to see them check everyone's details when that happens.

Well if they introduce covid status passports, which I think they will, I will be good to go 

• Shocked! 1

1 minute ago, Gkell727 said:

That’s sort of the point mate 

I am still resisting though I wont go down without a fight lol The issues I have had lately because I do not own a smartphone have been ridiculous. For example trying to claim universal credit I was told I needed to scan a QR code at one point to access a system to verify my identity. When I told them I did not own a smart phone they did not believe me. 

• Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, salfordlad said:

Well if they introduce covid status passports, which I think they will, I will be good to go 

So will i mate but as you know there's alot of young uns who won't have had the vaccine by June. 

Just now, Kev40 said:

So will i mate but as you know there's alot of young uns who won't have had the vaccine by June. 

Exactly my point mate so there will be scenes at the pubs for sure but I am certain all of these current rules etc are softening up the public so they will accept covid passports being a requirement for entry into pubs etc Although I will have the pleasure of being one of the youngest people in the pub if it goes down like I think it will