Snooker

Sgt_bilk0

Really lookin forward to the new snooker season.

Think that there is going to be a lot of opportunites this year to capitalise on some unknown players really coming to the fore. Judd finally winning the worlds and some great performances from some up and comers doing well too. Feel that my main man John Higgins (three huge each way bets landed in last 3 worlds) can surprise along the way too - although I feel he will be peaking for the big tournaments. Ronnie??? Has to be in the mood.

If you are looking for a player to really do well this year who is under the radar, then my pick would be:

Joe O'Connor

I will be following him in any tournament he qualifies.

Anyone else got any guys to follow in the next year?

Edited by Sgt_bilk0
  • Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, Sgt_bilk0 said:

Really lookin forward to the new snooker season.

Think that there is going to be a lot of opportunites this year to capitalise on some unknown players really coming to the fore. Judd finally winning the worlds and some great performances from some up and comers doing well too. Feel that my main man John Higgins (three huge each way bets landed in last 3 worlds) can surprise along the way too - although I feel he will be peaking for the big tournaments. Ronnie??? Has to be in the mood.

If you are looking for a player to really do well this year who is under the radar, then my pick would be:

Joe O'Connor

I will be follow him in any tournamnet he qualifies.

Anyone else got any guys to follow in the next year?

Bilko, Did u get the chance to watch the documentary Ronnie did touring America and playing their top pool players?, I was convinced that Ronnie held back when he was challenging them. I know he played with both hands but I thought he was giving respect to these guys.

Ronnie and Hendry definitely the most gifted off them all. Jimmy White also but I think the drink held him back at times. 

• Keeemon 2

9 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Bilko, Did u get the chance to watch the documentary Ronnie did touring America and playing their top pool players?, I was convinced that Ronnie held back when he was challenging them. I know he played with both hands but I thought he was giving respect to these guys.

Ronnie and Hendry definitely the most gifted off them all. Jimmy White also but I think the drink held him back at times. 

Yeah I watched that Blacko. A great watch - and I would agree with you. Ronnie is definitely the best there is on his best, but I've been telling folk on here years ago - he is far too much of a mentalist to be backing at 2/1 5/2 etc .... and over best of 5, 7 or 9 he is quality but over the long game when it really matters - he just doesnt have the mental capacity. He's like a striker who is deadly over 20 yards out on instinct fires it inot the top corner. One on one with the keeper though - time to think - messes it up.

Id take him over Hendry though in my GOAT.

Any guys you think we should be watching out for this season?

16 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

As an aid snooker fan I have also backed Higgins in the Worlds, because he's a stayer....  I expect some new chinese players to dominate the game in about three years as some of their younger players are making 147 s like shelling peas ....

Great point Solario - these Chinese guys are coming thick and thick.

Higgins will peak for the majors this season imo. Horse for courses and all that. Trump was unplayable in that final though.

Guest centipede
1 minute ago, Sgt_bilk0 said:

Yeah I watched that Blacko. A great watch - and I would agree with you. Ronnie is definitely the best there is on his best, but I've been telling folk on here years ago - he is far too much of a mentalist to be backing at 2/1 5/2 etc .... and over best of 5, 7 or 9 he is quality but over the long game when it really matters - he just doesnt have the mental capacity. He's like a striker who is deadly over 20 yards out on instinct fires it inot the top corner. One on one with the keeper though - time to think - messes it up.

Barry Pinches

Guest Chair Slots

I think David Gilbert will snatch a tourney or two this season, he was knocking last season and had broken into the top 8.

i kept my eye on Q school and although it was nice to see the likes of Andy Hicks and Barry Pinches winning a new 2 year tour card, it sadly shows the lack of youth coming through. These guys are journeymen at best, the youngsters should be having g them for breakfast.

2 minutes ago, Sgt_bilk0 said:

Ronnie is by far the greatest to pick up a snooker cue, that said i wouldn't put a single penny of my money on him to win a tournament due to the fact that he is getting bored of the set up and wants to break away.

I would put Hendry up there with O'Sullivan as I think he is the only player who could go toe to toe with Ronnie. Ronnie himself has total respect for Henry. BTW I think SH is a little glum faced shit.

• Keeemon 1

Ronnie...naturally.

Neil Robertson regained some of his previous form last season so would expect him to pick up a ranking event or two. 

Mark Selby has something to prove after a disappointing season, and of course loosing his Nr 1 world ranking position. He is a fantastic match player and should never be discounted.

Higgins of course is a machine. Either at the snooker table or at a hotel table negociating his next bribe?

Anyway looking forward to this season and having a few quid on as well?

7 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Ronnie is by far the greatest to pick up a snooker cue, that said i wouldn't put a single penny of my money on him to win a tournament due to the fact that he is getting bored of the set up and wants to break away.

I would put Hendry up there with O'Sullivan as I think he is the only player who could go toe to toe with Ronnie. Ronnie himself has total respect for Henry. BTW I think SH is a little glum faced shit.

Think you're being kind to SH there!

Edited by Sgt_bilk0

1 minute ago, Player1173 said:

Ronnie...naturally.

Neil Robertson regained some of his previous form last season so would expect him to pick up a ranking event or two. 

Mark Selby has something to prove after a disappointing season, and of course loosing his Nr 1 world ranking position. He is a fantastic match player and should never be discounted.

Higgins of course is a machine. Either at the snooker table or at a hotel table negociating his next bribe?

Anyway looking forward to this season and having a few quid on as well?

Lets not go there Player1173 - that was NOTW sting - russian Mafia etc ... where are they now?

22 minutes ago, Sgt_bilk0 said:

Lets not go there Player1173 - that was NOTW sting - russian Mafia etc ... where are they now?

Ha he was caught with his pants down! He's a great player, a legend of the game, no doubt at all. I just watched the video on Youtube again and its hilarious how bent he was. Stephen Lee got a 12 year ban for match fixing so Higgins is very lucky to still be playing.

• Love 1

Remember the time ref Michella Tab gave Ronnie a warning for sexual gestures, sure its on youtube.

BTW It was disgusting and hypocritical of the BBC to drop Willie Thorne after years of trouble with a gambling addiction. I thought he was a fantastic commentator of the sport.

• Keeemon 1

13 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Remember the time ref Michella Tab gave Ronnie a warning for sexual gestures, sure its on youtube.

BTW It was disgusting and hypocritical of the BBC to drop Willie Thorne after years of trouble with a gambling addiction. I thought he was a fantastic commentator of the sport.

Yeh agree 100% about Thorne 

You know what i miss is the entertainment during the intervals. Virgo doing his impressions. I'm sure there was more interest in shot of the championship back then as well. Also the comedy like highlights of the players reactions during the tournament with the typical snooker music. Now it's just a bit boring listening to jp and hendry talking to hazel what's her face ( forgot her surname)

• Keeemon 1

16 minutes ago, Blacko said:

You were just thinking about giving more than sexual gestures to michella tabb i know. ?

I enjoy watching all the top players apart from JH ( theres no smoke without fire). Think Selby will do well in the Uk championship. Ronnie wins everthing when hes in the mood, but when hes not he just seems to give up

10 hours ago, Kev40 said:

You were just thinking about giving more than sexual gestures to michella tabb i know. ?

You can't blame Ronnie though, imagine playing a marathon session against guys like Peter Ebdon, you either fall asleep or stare at Michella Tabbs arse.

1 minute ago, Blacko said:

You can't blame Ronnie though, imagine playing a marathon session against guys like Peter Ebdon, you either fall asleep or stare at Michella Tabbs arse.

I played in a tournament in Sheffield when i was about 14. The late aussie Eddie Charlton was there having a frame. I waited to see if i could have a frame with him. After waiting for about half an hour and about 6 reds potted later i decided to give up. Ebdon thornburn Griffiths omg it was a hard watch sometimes.