Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

5 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I see Oisin Murphy has surrendered his licence

Such a shame for such a talented rider

That is a surprise, but it's a tough business. 100% dedication required.

Don't know if you watched the dettori documentary,  but one thing he said which struck a chord was that with all his successes he didn't have time to actually enjoy them

3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

That is a surprise, but it's a tough business. 100% dedication required.

Don't know if you watched the dettori documentary,  but one thing he said which struck a chord was that with all his successes he didn't have time to actually enjoy them

The thing I got most was what a fudger that Dettoris old man was and when he started to talk to Frankie about his daughters riding  after her first race  I could not believe Frankie did not tell him where to go

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

The thing I got most was what a fudger that Dettoris old man was and when he started to talk to Frankie about his daughters riding  after her first race  I could not believe Frankie did not tell him where to go

I know yeah. It was an interesting watch. He had his problems but got over them.

God knows how he survived that crash though. Obviously not his time

Just now, david1111 said:

He came across as a real pro and level headed.

You just never know 

Getting caught with the drugs and alchohol might be "daft boyishness" or it might be something more, he's probably doing the right thing, if you can take a break do your penance or at least be seen to be doing it and don't reoffend then he has a stellar career ahead of him - as long as he realises this. 

3 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Getting caught with the drugs and alchohol might be "daft boyishness" or it might be something more, he's probably doing the right thing, if you can take a break do your penance or at least be seen to be doing it and don't reoffend then he has a stellar career ahead of him - as long as he realises this. 

Sounds like he was up for a disciplinary  over several incidents including 2  over the limit tests and he has also misled the BHA   and it was agreed that the process would be stopped so he can get help.  Hopefully he will get himself sorted as there have been too many jockeys over recent times who have had similar problems

66/1 is probably about right although if the horse takes well to hurdles and with a confident ride I’m hoping for some grit from him. Not hugely disappointing in the last few rides with a few goin on to win namely Mot a mot and onagatheringstorm. I’ll be going with hills extra places both as singles and a little double. 

AEF987CD-B9F3-4ED0-8BDA-E7983C94398A.png

• Chaching! 2

57 minutes ago, Blacko said:

As much as I hate national hunt racing Barry Gerraty was very sweet on the chances of Jonbon in the 2.20 Ascot, sitting at 10/11.

Wish I earnt as much as Gerraty does for tipping odds on shots. Im sure it took him all night to finalise that selection

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Cleandries said:

Tomorrow 2.55 at Ascot 

If Pic D' Orhy 5/4 on BF don't fall then it should win.

I've stuck a tenner on at 11/8, good bit ahead on ratings but has never placed once in it's 3 runs at Ascot which is a negative.  Also worried about the Skelton horse Faivoir, usually not the most fluent jumper but they always seem to commit their runners to going all out for home 3-4 out and they either make it easily enough or they don't.

29 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I've stuck a tenner on at 11/8, good bit ahead on ratings but has never placed once in it's 3 runs at Ascot which is a negative.  Also worried about the Skelton horse Faivoir, usually not the most fluent jumper but they always seem to commit their runners to going all out for home 3-4 out and they either make it easily enough or they don't.

Well I've put 15% of my betting bank on this, so praying that this pays for Xmas + gives me additional funds for tomorrow & festive cards.

• Chaching! 2

1 hour ago, Cleandries said:

If it fails, then I only have myself to blame as it is a novice chase, 

Had it not fallen LTO then it be odds on....hoping nicholls has piled on too.....I be an expert by 3pm 😯

GTFIT won easily enough, Faivoir a weary second, I'm always just wary of Skelton "improvement" but that usually comes when they step a horse down in distance.

3 hours ago, Cleandries said:

Well I've put 15% of my betting bank on this, so praying that this pays for Xmas + gives me additional funds for tomorrow & festive cards.

Nice hit lad well done 👏, word to the wise though.. risking 15% of ur betting bank on a novice chase could have ended badly, ur horse won well but could have been took out early in the race. Anyway buy yourself something nice with your winnings hardman.

21 hours ago, tmh91 said:

66/1 is probably about right although if the horse takes well to hurdles and with a confident ride I’m hoping for some grit from him. Not hugely disappointing in the last few rides with a few goin on to win namely Mot a mot and onagatheringstorm. I’ll be going with hills extra places both as singles and a little double. 

AEF987CD-B9F3-4ED0-8BDA-E7983C94398A.png

Yep two poor runs there 😢