Today’s selections

Guest Miller26

4 hours ago, Douvan said:

A bit sad for me that Goshen couldn't see the trip out. I'm really hoping he's not a one season wonder. It certainly didn't help getting hampered by the winner. 

I think it is a case of connections having a horse rated at 157 over hurdles and one of the favourites for the champion hurdle who was rated at 888 on the flat and they thought they could get some easy prizemoney.  He is such a good jumper over a hurdle that he could still be a different beast when he gets back to racing in hurdles again. I think he is good value at 8/1 now providing he retains his hurdling ability.  I also think that he was not fit for theses flat races and in reality he will be prepared over the season with one race in mind.

I remember a horse winning graded races over hurdles that was a class  6 runner on the flat  and when sent back to the flat after winning good hurdle races it still could not win on the flat so I would not let the fact that he was beaten worry you too much unless he comes out and runs bad in the Wincanton hurdle.

As for todays race he should not have been interfered with as he was front running and so was beaten when the other horse crossed in front of him.  The second horse rallied to get past him as well

23 hours ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Am just going to put this out there

Screenshot_20201011-194551_Chrome.jpg

Meant to be running on Boxing Day, connections will be hugely disappointed on its run on Sunday as their only worry was about its jumping beforehand, horse either needed the run or it didn’t stay.

1 hour ago, Blacko said:

Meant to be running on Boxing Day, connections will be hugely disappointed on its run on Sunday as their only worry was about its jumping beforehand, horse either needed the run or it didn’t stay.

It got the trip fine. Good confidence booster except for the whack it gave the 10th.

Am sure it will be ready next time round!

51 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

It got the trip fine. Good confidence booster except for the whack it gave the 10th.

Am sure it will be ready next time round!

Still looks a ropey jumper to me bro, I had a pony double on with that and Scotland so I’m well fucked off. Tilted and backed a treble of England BTTS, Scotland and Holland unawares the the bellends play with clogs instead of football boots 🧐

On 11/10/2020 at 19:03, 4houghts said:

Its over 1m 4f, the horse will be a different beast on the jumps 

Does gary moore ever get his best horses right? thats more the worry for me 

I must admit i'm nervous about his future. I'm hoping they pick what they want to do with him and leave it at that. Hurdling is fine with me.

21 minutes ago, Douvan said:

He's famous for being a dodgy jumper but he looked comfortable for most of the race. I'm sure with a bit more intensive schooling he should be fine.

Well I know nothing about the horse, got told on Saturday to back it on the Sunday when they thought they could end up getting 9/4. Felt like a degenerate backing a horse at 11/10 who seems to fall constantly. Boxing Day apparently the target 

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Nice treble for trainer Sheila Lewis  and jockey Sean Houlihan  at Hereford     25/1    11/2 and 6/1   .     She is a small trainer who runs a beauty salon in her village and husband has the local garage  per ATR  .

Hereford is a weird track. Local trainers seem to always do really well there. Prolly an angle that should be researched every time they have meetings.

4 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

In the 4.12 Newcastle coming up shortly Atailof TwoCities was evs last night and I thought this was value and now it's 9/4 but isstill the fav. this was the horse that won by 22 lenghts last time out and looked an absolue flying machine.

Slightly harder race today and change to tepeta id imagine is the concern, but yeah not the strongest of races actually its a fucking cess pool. Id prolly risk spyfucker ew 15/2