Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

7 minutes ago, howfin said:

I dont do my bollocks in every line like you do with your £500 bets.

I bet small, generally £20. That doesnt mean my tips arnt of value though due to a relatively low stake.

Just means I stick to my limits. We all know what happens when we dont.

Fair point 

15 hours ago, howfin said:

Italy -2, Ciro Immobile to score, 8/1, there you go tgc, dont moan about free money

I took Immobile to win the Golden Boot @ 20/1, seemed like value compared to 5/1 for Kane. 7/1 Lukaku and 8/1 Mbappe.  Not sure what Germany, France and Portugal all being in the same group is going to do goal wise, if it's going to be cagey or gung ho.  I was quite encouraged by the Italy performance last night, not the usual try to eek out a 1-0 win you traditionally tended to see from them.

36 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I took Immobile to win the Golden Boot @ 20/1, seemed like value compared to 5/1 for Kane. 7/1 Lukaku and 8/1 Mbappe.  Not sure what Germany, France and Portugal all being in the same group is going to do goal wise, if it's going to be cagey or gung ho.  I was quite encouraged by the Italy performance last night, not the usual try to eek out a 1-0 win you traditionally tended to see from them.

Was a good performance for sure, but it's hard to judge the overall form of the game, as Turkey basically just played 11 man behind the ball. Italy did look a bit flaky at the back at times when Turkey pushed forward on the rare ocassion. But overall a lot better attacking wise and they kept the tempo extremely high and the Turkish team were shattered by half time. Interesting to see them vs a decent side now.

2 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Skybet doing evs on Bale to have one shot on target, I've not really been following the Welsh progress but this must be possible.

Ive not really followed Wales all that closely either however looking back at results etc Wales seem to be struggling. With giggs up in court for smashing about some wag, it fell on that other dickhead to take charge, who isnt the most experienced, it would appear. Bale hit the target 9 times in his last 5 spurs games, so it's not the best average but he did average 1.9 per game in the Nations Cup. I'm not a huge fan of bale, think hes a has been at this stage, or, was he ever that good? Debatable. I guess it's hard to see him not having a shot on target at all, but Wales are really struggling in attack it would seem and Swis seem to be strong at the back, pretty much sets it up to be a 1-0 win for Swis.

• Keeemon 1

2 hours ago, howfin said:

Swis seem a good price at 11/10 to beat Wales, cant actually believe that price is available to be honest.

Looks a bit of a dodgy game and I'm a fish out of water compared to some of you football gambling Pro's 

Think Id rather lose on a 11/10 shot at Chelmsford than some prick with a daft wee bun on his head that does hearts with his two hands when he scores 

Good luck if your rolling the dice with tonight's Bucky funds 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Looks a bit of a dodgy game and I'm a fish out of water compared to some of you football gambling Pro's 

Think Id rather lose on a 11/10 shot at Chelmsford than some prick with a daft wee bun on his head that does hearts with his two hands when he scores 

Good luck if your rolling the dice with tonight's Bucky funds 

Eh not really to be honest, if it goes as planned then Swis should easily take this game and 11/10 is a lot bigger a price than I assumed they would be.

• Chaching! 1

2 minutes ago, howfin said:

if it goes as planned then

I think that before backing most of my horses 

Then days later I'm doon the Trongate shouting              . BIG ISSUE FOLKS GET YUR BIG ISSUE 

Should really follow that Blacko cos he gets tips straight fae the horses mouth,  feck knows how far you'd need tae go back right enough in the racing section for one of them tae actually have won.

I know one thing,  it was that far back Lord Sugar was selling fruit and veg from the back of a ford zephyr 

• Love 1

Just now, Bangers said:

I think that before backing most of my horses 

Then days later I'm doon the Trongate shouting              . BIG ISSUE FOLKS GET YUR BIG ISSUE 

Should really follow that Blacko cos he gets tips straight fae the horses mouth,  feck knows how far you'd need tae go back right enough in the racing section for one of them tae actually have won.

I know one thing,  it was that far back Lord Sugar was selling fruit and veg from the back of a ford zephyr 

:crywithlaughter: Aye man but thats gambling, sure things fucking turning into the worst one legged donkey fudger youve ever seen in your life but boy o boy does it get the plums pumpin

4 minutes ago, howfin said:

:crywithlaughter: Aye man but thats gambling, sure things fucking turning into the worst one legged donkey fudger youve ever seen in your life but boy o boy does it get the plums pumpin

I got some very deep scars from some football bets mate, money counted then some fudge scores in the added 3 mins injury time 

These days when I start writing out a football bet I get a nasty twitch in my left eye 

Edited by Bangers
  • Love 1