Rugby League - Season Prediction Comp'

RichieFC

I am just looking through this thread since I know next to nothing about Rugby League.....since I used to play winger for the Reading Tigers ( 2 seasons 1974) ,who play Rugby Union ,and it definitely isn't the same....so I'm  going to have look at the games the year...   was also the tigers kicker.... long time ago.... great game rugby.

• Chaching! 2
  • Good Luck! 2
  • Keeemon 1

24 minutes ago, RichieFC said:

@1pstaker Bloody confusing me with your alternate order aha

Sorry mate, done my 'studying' and the site I was on listed them like that. 

And I have to say, with your name and your pic, every time I read a post of yours, in my head its Rik Mayalls voice. Not complaining though, I done the scene on the train from 'Bambi' so many times its in there anyway ?

• Love 2

1 minute ago, 1pstaker said:

Sorry mate, done my 'studying' and the site I was on listed them like that. 

And I have to say, with your name and your pic, every time I read a post of yours, in my head its Rik Mayalls voice. Not complaining though, I done the scene on the train from 'Bambi' so many times its in there anyway ?

best episode..... the cast of that episode didn't go on to do much did they? ?

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

I am just looking through this thread since I know next to nothing about Rugby League.....since I used to play winger for the Reading Tigers ( 2 seasons 1974) ,who play Rugby Union ,and it definitely isn't the same....so I'm  going to have look at the games the year...   was also the tigers kicker.... long time ago.... great game rugby.

Good to have another rugby fan on here. Unusual for a winger to be kicking?? Only 2 others pop into my mind I have ever seen.  Yes both different. Union more structured, like American football almost. League has smaller, agile players who use more skill to beat a man or create a gap. It's this part of the game I would like to see Union develop more, more how rugby union was in the old days. With coaches for attack, set pieces and defence, skill is being neglected by a lot of players/teams, who are reliant on structure and organisation as opposed to flare and skill. Union players are getting bigger and stronger, designed to weaken and overpower the opposition. Go through them rather than round them. I watch almost as much League as i do Union now. I think League coaches have already brought a lot to Union over the years, like Edwards and Farrell, be interesting to see what Sean Edwards brings back to League after being in Union for 10 years, so Wigan may be a team to watch next season. Good to have you on board.

Thanks Crunchie, I really know nothing about Rugby  league , but am always willing to learn...

I was a kicker from a young age at school.where I played all sports and was an athletics colour.  I entered the Rugby for Reading Tigers purely by chance as an office colleague played for them and they were short ....so I played and scored 13 in the first match , one try and three penalties , and from there played 6 or seven matches in 1974/5. The grace of Rugby union is clear once the ball is amongst the tree quarters and the game is flowing  it is magical....unless you get caught up on a ruck , then its just pain.....

I love cricket more and am a purist , supporting England and hope like most sports some common senses will allow the money men to go away and leave us to our peace.

Edited by Solario333

26 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

Thanks Crunchie, I really know nothing about Rugby  league , but am always willing to learn...

I was a kicker from a young age at school.where I played all sports and was an athletics colour.  I entered the Rugby for Reading Tigers purely by chance as an office colleague played for them and they were short ....so I played and scored 13 in the first match , one try and three penalties , and from there played 6 or seven matches in 1974/5. The grace of Rugby union is clear once the ball is amongst the tree quarters and the game is flowing  it is magical....unless you get caught up on a ruck , then its just pain.....

I love cricket more and am a purist , supporting England and hope like most sports some common senses will allow the money men to go away and leave us to our peace.

Not sure when the cricket world cup starts, but must be soon, if you felt like starting a comp. I like cricket but don't know enough about it for comp purposes. ?

• Keeemon 1

22 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Not sure when the cricket world cup starts, but must be soon, if you felt like starting a comp. I like cricket but don't know enough about it for comp purposes. ?

The Cricket world cup is full of advertising and sponsors , too commercial and as such not a subject for anything other than a small punt..... The field would centre around England's performance against India Australia,Pakistan West Indies, and if past history is anything to go by England have a good chance this year.

The first draw of the ODI format England play South Africa, and should win.....  so I will look a little at the one day format and see f I can arrange a competition .... maybe predicting the winner of each match over the 48 matches .... It probably finishes on july 14 so we have time... 

• Keeemon 1

6 hours ago, Solario333 said:

I am just looking through this thread since I know next to nothing about Rugby League.....since I used to play winger for the Reading Tigers ( 2 seasons 1974) ,who play Rugby Union ,and it definitely isn't the same....so I'm  going to have look at the games the year...   was also the tigers kicker.... long time ago.... great game rugby.

So you played rugby, in the same year, as the very first E.T message ever, was sent to space from earth.. whats the odds of that hey S33 ?

4 hours ago, Solario333 said:

I got the cricket on now,  Buttler going mental with the bat. Can't wait to see my World Cup game in the summer, Im not unhappy it will be an england game, but I would have loved to be at the India v Pakistan game. Might even book a day off to watch it, and hope it clashes with some good racing. My other passion is cycling and thats on too, one on the lappy one on the ipad. GTFIT

• Keeemon 1

25 minutes ago, Crunchienut said:

I got the cricket on now,  Buttler going mental with the bat. Can't wait to see my World Cup game in the summer, Im not unhappy it will be an england game, but I would have loved to be at the India v Pakistan game. Might even book a day off to watch it, and hope it clashes with some good racing. My other passion is cycling and thats on too, one on the lappy one on the ipad. GTFIT

I will be glued to the velodrome too!! enjoy the cycling ?

sT HeLeNs  6 - 10

cAsTleFoRd  16 - 20

LeEdS  11  -  15

wArRiNgToN  1 - 5

HuLl fC   6-10

wIgAn  21 -25

Just realised Leeds started the season with 4 away games.... unusual, unless the stadium was having a refurb?

Good Luck everyone!!  I have faith in your boyz ..... after last weeks result @RichieFC

• Chaching! 1