Drops of Gold - Random Fact

Tricky0212

Hi All, 

I’ve been very quiet on here lately as my wife and I had our first child a couple of weeks ago so that’s taken up all of my time of course! 

I finally got out of the house for a few hours yesterday for the first time in weeks, and in addition to doing some shopping stopped in the bookies for an hour on the FOBTs (terrible I know) just for some entertainment as I stopped playing online a while ago. 

Anyway, I decided to play Drops of Gold, the ultra red bags (again terrible I know) but noticed something I found a bit strange. 

Those who know of the game will know that you have the wild pots on the above screen that drop in, but when you trigger a bonus the reel set changes and the layout of the pots above is different on bonus Vs base game. 

I got 8 spins from gambling a win. It didn’t pay much (about £60) but the lineup of pots above they were everywhere and I though if they drop in the next 1/2 spins on the bonus that’s a jackpot easily as the screen would be virtually full. So I played a bit longer and the bonus dropped in (gold pots and a bonus symbol for 8 spins) - but when the bonus started the reel set had changed completely and there were barely any pots there. It paid about £16. 

I Carried On and got another gamble which I landed 8 spins again and collected. This time when the bonus started all the pots from before were there, they dropped in and gave me a jackpot. I was £200 In and walked with £520.

However, I think that there are in fact different reel sets for a bonus that has dropped in Vs spins that were gambled for and the spins from a drop in are far less valuable than gambled spins.

just an observation I thought was interesting, has anyone else noticed this ?

hope everyone is doing well!

• Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 3

On 22/04/2023 at 13:12, Tricky0212 said:

Hi All, 

I’ve been very quiet on here lately as my wife and I had our first child a couple of weeks ago so that’s taken up all of my time of course! 

I finally got out of the house for a few hours yesterday for the first time in weeks, and in addition to doing some shopping stopped in the bookies for an hour on the FOBTs (terrible I know) just for some entertainment as I stopped playing online a while ago. 

Anyway, I decided to play Drops of Gold, the ultra red bags (again terrible I know) but noticed something I found a bit strange. 

Those who know of the game will know that you have the wild pots on the above screen that drop in, but when you trigger a bonus the reel set changes and the layout of the pots above is different on bonus Vs base game. 

I got 8 spins from gambling a win. It didn’t pay much (about £60) but the lineup of pots above they were everywhere and I though if they drop in the next 1/2 spins on the bonus that’s a jackpot easily as the screen would be virtually full. So I played a bit longer and the bonus dropped in (gold pots and a bonus symbol for 8 spins) - but when the bonus started the reel set had changed completely and there were barely any pots there. It paid about £16. 

I Carried On and got another gamble which I landed 8 spins again and collected. This time when the bonus started all the pots from before were there, they dropped in and gave me a jackpot. I was £200 In and walked with £520.

However, I think that there are in fact different reel sets for a bonus that has dropped in Vs spins that were gambled for and the spins from a drop in are far less valuable than gambled spins.

just an observation I thought was interesting, has anyone else noticed this ?

hope everyone is doing well!

I remember from back in the day when I'd examine as much as I could that the SG Gaming slots would have as much as 7+ different reel sets within a single game.

As a player I think you can intrinsically feel this when you get a 'shit' bonus and nothing is hitting. It's not unlucky.....well it is....but the bad luck has already happened when you get the reelset which happens before the spins play out.

If what you say is accurate then I would imagine that a.) a natural bonus must be cheaper to obtain than the gamble spins and b.) there might be a small advantage play if you could somehow get a view of the setup prior to chasing i.e. sharking or just ploughing on after completing a bonus assuming the setup is there. Perhaps the stake might also be a factor - get a setup at 20p and switch to £2 etc. Food for thought.

Congratulations on the little one and commiserations on the lack of sleep :-)

• Keeemon 1

• 1 month later...
On 24/04/2023 at 05:11, PieGamble said:

I remember from back in the day when I'd examine as much as I could that the SG Gaming slots would have as much as 7+ different reel sets within a single game.

As a player I think you can intrinsically feel this when you get a 'shit' bonus and nothing is hitting. It's not unlucky.....well it is....but the bad luck has already happened when you get the reelset which happens before the spins play out.

If what you say is accurate then I would imagine that a.) a natural bonus must be cheaper to obtain than the gamble spins and b.) there might be a small advantage play if you could somehow get a view of the setup prior to chasing i.e. sharking or just ploughing on after completing a bonus assuming the setup is there. Perhaps the stake might also be a factor - get a setup at 20p and switch to £2 etc. Food for thought.

Congratulations on the little one and commiserations on the lack of sleep 🙂

I asked a friend of mine in the UK to look at this and yes it seems there is a potential small advantage play possible based on the reels above the active winlines. Cycling through the stakes changes will change the reels so worth a sniff. Also the freespin gamble carries over the existing setup so also something which has potential to influence your should I gamble this for free spins setup.

I doubt it's a +EV advantage play though given how infrequently the pot drop things come in.

Guest Chair Slots
On 22/04/2023 at 12:49, Blacko said:

Congratulations to the both of you on the birth of your first child hardman. ❤️

What he said ^ nice one