Official FOOTBALL banter thread

Sgt_bilk0

11 hours ago, Bangers said:

Low life mate,  utter low life 

Violence seems to be commonplace on budget flights these days, mainly on Ryanair and EasyJet planes. I would suggest banning the sale of alcohol on flights but that’s unlikely to happen as that’s how airlines make money. This fella in particular is in deep shit given the fact that he has attacked the Turkish police.. hell mend him.

p.s. Men of a certain age going on holiday wearing either a Celtic or Rangers top is such an embarrassment, might as well have trailer trashed tattooed on their forehead.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blacko said:

Violence seems to be commonplace on budget flights these days, mainly on Ryanair and EasyJet planes. I would suggest banning the sale of alcohol on flights but that’s unlikely to happen as that’s how airlines make money. This fella in particular is in deep shit given the fact that he has attacked the Turkish police.. hell mend him.

p.s. Men of a certain age going on holiday wearing either a Celtic or Rangers top is such an embarrassment, might as well have trailer trashed tattooed on their forehead.

Hopefully the Turks give him a little bit of the old Midnight Express jail time .  Doubt if he would dare get that way again

6 hours ago, philinvicta said:

Hopefully the Turks give him a little bit of the old Midnight Express jail time .  Doubt if he would dare get that way again

No doubt the British embassy will once more appeal to the good nature of our Turkish friends to bail out another violent arsehole on a plane. Any violent behaviour displayed inside the fuselage should result in a passport instaban for at least five years.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Blacko said:

No doubt the British embassy will once more appeal to the good nature of our Turkish friends to bail out another violent arsehole on a plane. Any violent behaviour displayed inside the fuselage should result in a passport instaban for at least five years.

British Embassy should be saying   you do whatever your law dictates.   Too many of these tourists go abroad  act the maggot and then expect to be bailed out

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Wrong game mate😂

Another disappointment for your club

Oops!!  Just saw the 5 nil and assumed.

Yeah I'll be disappointed if we only get a play off place after all the effort to get where we are

I wasn't going to say anything but i'm gonna...i'm a lifelong Forest fan, former season ticket holder for 15 years...

1...I think Forest were wrong to send out that that tweet but hopefully it inspires other teams to stand up for shit.

2...Those 3 penalty decisions were the worst i think i've seen since VAR inception into the league. It annoys me more than anything as 2 out of the 3 were given only a few weeks ago to top tier teams and no, i'm not a believer that there is a heirarchy in VAR decision but there is a trend according to some people.

3...The fact they wont share the VAR discussions publicly is a little suspect to me.

4...The decision against Wolves yesterday was unbelievable.

Calm....calm...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Douvan said:

I wasn't going to say anything but i'm gonna...i'm a lifelong Forest fan, former season ticket holder for 15 years...

1...I think Forest were wrong to send out that that tweet but hopefully it inspires other teams to stand up for shit.

2...Those 3 penalty decisions were the worst i think i've seen since VAR inception into the league. It annoys me more than anything as 2 out of the 3 were given only a few weeks ago to top tier teams and no, i'm not a believer that there is a heirarchy in VAR decision but there is a trend according to some people.

3...The fact they wont share the VAR discussions publicly is a little suspect to me.

Calm....calm...

VAR has never really been right since it started. Problem is you get different people making the decisions so its on occasions down to their interpretation which is the downfall of the whole system as there is no consistency. 

I'm a life long Leeds fan and am obviously hoping that we go straight up. But being in the championship it's a better game to watch ie no worries that something is going to be picked up that happened half way down the pitch. Some goals given would have been disallowed under VAR, but it goes both ways and I'm ok with that.

I sort of agree with VAR being abolished and putting the decisions back with the onfield ref. Yes they will get some decisions wrong but like in the championship it will even itself out. Nobody wants to see a disallowed goal for offside by a toe nail which takes them 10 minutes to decide. 

Also do we really need them to look at tackles 100 times in ultra slow motion to decide if someone should be sent off or not.

You are right though some of the VAR decisions are ludicrous so imo its definitely not working in its current form.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Douvan said:

Calm....calm...

It maybe wasn’t the most professional way to go about things but someone needed to say something, var has been terrible all season. 
just look at the FA cup games at the weekend for example handball by grealish in the box no penalty. Handball by wan bissaka the next day penalty. Both exactly the same both checked by var both inconsistent. It’s been happening all season long.

the Forrest game is the worst I’ve ever seen it though. 2 of those penalties were stonewall and how they weren’t given when checked by var is criminal. 

Edited by Aarongeorge1989
  • Like 1

VAR has ruined the game for sure .   The technology still seems to be human lead which means that mistakes still happen and fans are even more angry than they used to be before VAR  about the way the game is refereed.

As for Forest they need to worry about winning points and not about things they cannot change or next season they will not have to worry about VAR

• Agree 1

On 26/04/2024 at 21:36, david1111 said:

I've turned that shit off

I think you've snagged it regardless haven't you? I play golf with a load of Leicester boys and they're all buzzing.

On 25/04/2024 at 22:35, philinvicta said:

VAR has ruined the game for sure .   The technology still seems to be human lead which means that mistakes still happen and fans are even more angry than they used to be before VAR  about the way the game is refereed.

As for Forest they need to worry about winning points and not about things they cannot change or next season they will not have to worry about VAR

Yes I agree 100% but when things don't go your way ie penalties, poor decision at liverpool to name just a few, it's hard not to feel aggrieved at what could have been.

On 25/04/2024 at 18:38, Aarongeorge1989 said:

It maybe wasn’t the most professional way to go about things but someone needed to say something, var has been terrible all season. 
just look at the FA cup games at the weekend for example handball by grealish in the box no penalty. Handball by wan bissaka the next day penalty. Both exactly the same both checked by var both inconsistent. It’s been happening all season long.

the Forrest game is the worst I’ve ever seen it though. 2 of those penalties were stonewall and how they weren’t given when checked by var is criminal. 

The inconsistency and the use of the word "intrepretation" has killed it. It was brought in to correct errors and no re-referee the game. So much for that. The show with Michael Chubber Owen gives great insight into what goes off. Some of the ones they are get right are superb but going towards offside where they are drawing a line at the defenders shoulder and then drawing a line at the attackers back to see if his crack is offside is a step too far.

The lack of communication is ridiculous at times. Look at the Diaz one, shocking.

9 minutes ago, Douvan said:

think you've snagged it regardless haven't you? I play golf with a load of Leicester boys and they're all buzzing.

No, we need Coventry to beat Ipswich which will then take it to the final game where if we beat Southampton we get automatic promotion unless Ipswich beat Huddersfield by a ridiculous amount of goals

5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

No, we need Coventry to beat Ipswich which will then take it to the final game where if we beat Southampton we get automatic promotion unless Ipswich beat Huddersfield by a ridiculous amount of goals

You've got automatic promotion though haven't you, no matter what happens. You're just fighting for top spot.

19 minutes ago, Douvan said:

You've got automatic promotion though haven't you, no matter what happens. You're just fighting for top spot.

No mate. It's only the top 2 that go up automatically. Ipswich with their game in hand are favourites for second spot

I support Leeds btw!

Edited by david1111