Taking on The Royal Mint

Lighty45

44 minutes ago, adamuk said:

Yes but they are all gold buddy and as it's says as "legal tender" exempt from CGT.

Hence why I say buy Sovereigns and hide up!!! 

Ever fancied being one of the dealers on Dickinsons real deal Adam?. I would love a go at that so I could tell those greedy old fucker's to jog on. What get's my goat is when the dealer has overpaid 50 quid more than the independent valuation and these greed old scroungers are still begging for the dealer to drop another tenner in the pot.

Gold is going to be huge in years to come, the trend for the forseeable future is clear to see - it's currency devaluation and debasement and it's global, QE to infinity and interest rates are never going back to nominal ever again, only today Trump is tweeting about how the Fed should be going to negative interest rates.  The argument against gold was that it never returned any interest or dividend but today neither does savings in the bank.  Having said this you are better off with platinum and palladium if you want a more honest price discovery as gold and silver are manipulated to the downside by the criminal banking cabal who don't bother with platinum and palladium as they are not historic monetary metals, it's only when the next banking crisis comes and they lose their grip that the price is going to skyrocket.

The dream scenario is a currency reset and a revaluation of gold, in the past it went from £15 to £200 and from £200 to £1000 and if it's to be revalued against FIAT debt today given the massive debt increase after the 2008 bank bail outs it would need to go to over £20,000 an oz.

• Keeemon 1

Just now, centipede said:

@Mad Slasher McGurk mate, any news on the next black pope and Q the anonymous?

Not a peep mate, Q was posting on 8chan and they tried to link that to all the mass shootings and get it closed down.  The good news is the bet is open ended and even if the current Pope does not stand down any time soon as long as the next pope is black you collect.

Guest centipede
2 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Not a peep mate, Q was posting on 8chan and they tried to link that to all the mass shootings and get it closed down.  The good news is the bet is open ended and even if the current Pope does not stand down any time soon as long as the next pope is black you collect.

I didnt actually do the bet, I just remembered the thread just now and wondered if anything more had happened, and if there was anymore mass conspiracy theories 

2 minutes ago, centipede said:

I didnt actually do the bet, I just remembered the thread just now and wondered if anything more had happened, and if there was anymore mass conspiracy theories 

At the time Q was nailing eveything, he foretold the date of John McCains death to the day weeks beforehand then his posts went all awry and there was a theory that someone else had taken over the mantle and was putting out disinformation.  Then the war to get 8chan banned began and Brexit took over everything.  Perhaps I just have too much time on my hands lol, the pope is 82 and has Parkinsons and there are only 2 possible replacements that are black, one is the 5/1 fav and the other is a 50/1 outsider so it's not like a complete no hoper even if it turns out to be BS.

• Keeemon 1

17 hours ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I made more money last year selling 4x rare £2 coins than I made in interest on a 5k ISA, and I made £80 profit on the coins so that tells you how bad the interest rate on the money in the bank is.

I was collecting the 50p but I stopped because I'm getting the feeling the Royal Mint are kicking the arse out of it now, every week they are releasing another series, is it Peter Pan that's coming next?

Not sure on the Peter Pan. They have released a Paddington at St Pauls Cathedral today. 

Interesting to see so many people are also collectors. 

@adamuk I do not know to much about the material itself as prefer the actual coins. But there are a few Youtube Silver Stackers i follow and they have been talking for sometime now about the crazy prices to import Silver. A few of them are predicting the Silver price could well rocket once Brexit is finally sorted but like I say I do not really understand all that side of it. 

It is funny because that is the main point this guy has with the Royal Mint. He applied to become a Royal Mint distributor, Royal Mint put it through a due diligence lasting a year and then declined it. They said they would supply him a list of wholesalers he could buy from. They only gave him one and that was MNI in the Netherlands. So think about that, mint produce a coin, sell it to MNI, he buys from MNI they ship it to him, he then sells and ships it out, huge carbon footprint. It then turns out that ChangeChecker have an exclusive with the Mint, although they deny this. Meaning CG get it on the day of release, can naturally sell it cheaper as they are not shipping it abroad etc. So the Mint are now threatening him with legal action over calling himself a Royal Mint Distributor. I may not be 100% on all of the above but that is roughly it in a nutshell. Then purely to wind them up a bit more he has decided to now put into circulation several 100 coins not meant for circulation. 

If anyone has any Kew Gardens they are prepared to sell please drop me a message. This is like the Holy Grail for me, not in a position to buy for a couple of weeks but 100% will buy it. 

• Keeemon 1

I have been collecting for about 4-5 years, mainly through change as I spend cash 95% of the time. 

I too am missing a Kew gardens, through just change seems almost impossible =(

General rule of thumb, the Olympic ones, Kew Gardens and a few of the distinctive £2 coins are worth a decent amount. The new 10p pieces are also pretty rare, I have about 8 of them through change.

If you (or any one) have any decent Olympic ones I can swap or buy let me know. I've also got pretty much at least 1 extra of all of the 50ps of the last year or two (except the gold / uncirculated / coloured ones) if anyone needs any

• Keeemon 1

20 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Easiest way to get a good indication of value is to see what they are selling for on Ebay Blampy. not the crazy prices some sellers are listing them at but what people are actually prepared to pay.

@Blampy like Luke says the easiest way is Ebay, but when searching the coin on the left side of the screen scroll down and click the sold button. That way you will see what the coin is currently selling for. Anyone can list a coin for £100 but it doesnt mean it will sell. Here is a few 50ps 

Kew Gardens £80-£120

Olympic Football ( offside rule) £8-£10

Olympic Wrestling £7-£10

They are coins you can find in your change, then there are several coins not intended for circulation that go for more but i prefer the circulated coins. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

Apparently we have a sherlock Holmes 50p at home. Not seen that or what it's worth. It's probably common. Sorry @Lighty45 the boss ( missus) won't sell the kew gardens.

Sorry £1-£2 on Sherlock but as my profile shows its my fav coin for design.

A lot of people are predicting this one will rise in the future. I can not see it myself as it is fairly common. Until the mint release mintage figures we wont know for sure but i would be very surprised if it rises much more.

No worries, the Kew is a great investment, will only keep rising in my opinion. 

• Like 1

The sherlock 50p one seems a little more scarce than some of the newer designs. You could probably cash in for about £3-£4 now I reckon while people are still after it.

I think lighty is slightly over on the price of the 50ps @Blampy, I'd take about 50p off the cost of his predictions above personally, but no doubt the odd person on ebay might go that high on a few.

R. E. Your £2 coins, most of them are the general run of the mill ones (just over face value) The 1807 one I feel is a little rarer, maybe £3—£3.50, and finally your Shakespeare one is one of 3 Shakespeare designs. I find most of those designs relatively rare and reckon you could get £4-£5 if you were lucky on that one. 

Here's most of my Rarer 50's and £2's, again most not worth much more than double face value20190912_155243.thumb.jpg.c37d5728b2c0dc4150b9ccaa8ff2ba74.jpg

20190912_154911.jpg

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 1