Taking on The Royal Mint

Lighty45

@MrUKHackz

So the mount weighs 1.77g in 9ct Gold.

The coins which is 22ct weighs 8g.

1.77g spot price as I type is £24.92.

A full Sovereign is £274.61

I will send to you for £300.00 including postage which will cost me insured tracked etc I think £6.90. 

So all for under scrap, on eBay if sold as an item it will easily go for £350+ 

Let me know if not eBay it will go.

IMG_20190913_213731.jpg

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

On 13/09/2019 at 21:42, adamuk said:

@MrUKHackz

So the mount weighs 1.77g in 9ct Gold.

The coins which is 22ct weighs 8g.

1.77g spot price as I type is £24.92.

A full Sovereign is £274.61

I will send to you for £300.00 including postage which will cost me insured tracked etc I think £6.90. 

So all for under scrap, on eBay if sold as an item it will easily go for £350+ 

Let me know if not eBay it will go.

IMG_20190913_213731.jpg

After reading this thread and checking our own collection i didn't realise my stepdaughter has some of the rarest pokemon cards first edition 1999 to 2000. Apparently some are worth a bit of money. They are in excellent condition. Do you have any advice please mate how i could go about getting them valued or if she wanted to sell them what would be the best way to do this. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

After reading this thread and checking our own collection i didn't realise my stepdaughter has some of the rarest pokemon cards first edition 1999 to 2000. Apparently some are worth a bit of money. They are in excellent condition. Do you have any advice please mate how i could go about getting them valued or if she wanted to sell them what would be the best way to do this. Thanks.

Yeah they go for silly money the rare ones, there is a well know streamer think fish n chips that is always offering to buy them off people, I don't know if he offers market value or not.

If they were mine I would sell on eBay as they always find there market, and for research purposes it's simply a matter of finding what you particular card has Sold for in the past.

I can help with all of this if needed just drop me a private message.

There not my kind of thing but I know a few people that go mad for them.

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

Pokemon go for some crazy prizes, I was going to say about the Streamer that buys cards but @adamuk has already mentioned him. I have some cards due today I won in a competition. Know nothing about them so will be looking to flip them as soon as i can

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lighty45 said:

Pokemon go for some crazy prizes, I was going to say about the Streamer that buys cards but @adamuk has already mentioned him. I have some cards due today I won in a competition. Know nothing about them so will be looking to flip them as soon as i can

Unless he gives market price wait until a £1.00 final value fee listing on eBay and sell on there is my advice.

• Keeemon 1

25 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Thanks guys i won't find out which ones till the weekend.there is roughly about 200 and some are definitely rare. Think i need to do some research and try and find the true value. I will pm you @adamuk if they are to be sold. Thanks @Lighty45 for some sound advice as well. Hope you make a tidy some from the ones you get today.

No worries happy to help in anyway, if I can make a few quid I would buy at a fair price, however all I would do is stick on eBay so in reality that's what you should do my friend. 

I can and will help either way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, justnathanx said:

Can anyone help me game some feedback on ebay. Ive only been on a month. Sold nine books and have nine positive feedbacks.

But want to become established seller. Can i buy small items of people i know on here. Ill mark as received etc and give them positive feedback but no money changes hands etc

Yes

• 2 months later...

Hia, joined the forum just for this thread really! So, rather than spend my £500/month gambling budget all on gambling, I thought I'd start investing half of it into gold and silver every month. Any advice on the best way to split my £250/month investment % wise gold/silver? 

I'm UK based so know you have to pay VAT on silver, but am going to be in it for the long haul, kind of a extra retirement fund (33 currently!)

My first purchase was 2x 10oz silver bars!

Edited by ColourMeUp

4 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Hia, joined the forum just for this thread really! So, rather than spend my £500/month gambling budget all on gambling, I thought I'd start investing half of it into gold and silver every month. Any advice on the best way to split my £250/month investment % wise gold/silver? 

I'm UK based so know you have to pay VAT on silver, but am going to be in it for the long haul, kind of a extra retirement fund (33 currently!)

My first purchase was 2x 10oz silver bars!

I can help.

Buy second hand silver NO VAT doesn't matter if it's jewellery when you weigh in all the same really.

Personally I would not bother and just buy Gold Sovereigns Full or Halfs easy to store easily available and no CGT if you play it right.

Easy to resell or weigh in.

Anymore help let me know.

18 minutes ago, adamuk said:

I can help.

Buy second hand silver NO VAT doesn't matter if it's jewellery when you weigh in all the same really.

Personally I would not bother and just buy Gold Sovereigns Full or Halfs easy to store easily available and no CGT if you play it right.

Easy to resell or weigh in.

Anymore help let me know.

16 minutes ago, adamuk said:

That's the price as of now.

That is my Trade account so you probably would not get those exact deals.

They have come down a bit lately but that's the nature of the beast, when i started buying them they were £40.00 each ?

Screenshot_20191116_151109_com.mastermelt.android.app.jpg

Ty Adam, I was hoping you'd reply, been following this thread for a couple of months! Any specific places to buy second hand silver/gold?

Buying 1 full sovereign a month seems like a solid investment, best to just avoid silver or have maybe a 80/20 gold/silver?

24 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Ty Adam, I was hoping you'd reply, been following this thread for a couple of months! Any specific places to buy second hand silver/gold?

Buying 1 full sovereign a month seems like a solid investment, best to just avoid silver or have maybe a 80/20 gold/silver?

Seeing you have a good budget I would not muck about with Silver, in one Sovereign you will need a LOT of Silver to equal the price, especially if you go down the Jewellery route, then storage becomes a problem. I keep my coins in tubes and once filled that equates to roughly 15k you can of course get smaller tubes, there easy to hide up etc.

If you still want to go down the Silver route I guess bars are ok.

And of course you go in years time with your massive heavy Silver you will probably need a trolley ???

eBay is good for Sovereigns don't be fooled into buying proof ones in cases etc, as ultimately if your going to weight them in the companies won't pay a premium so you will have to sell privately, which incurs costs and fees.

Also remember if you buy Sovereigns..

Full Sovereign weigh 8g

Half Sovereign weigh 4g 

There are fake ones about made of 18ct that weigh wrong 

If you get one that's say an old coin it might weigh 7.95 ish through losing some through wear.

Any other help let me know I will be happy to advise.

Your making a good sound decision.

8 minutes ago, adamuk said:

Seeing you have a good budget I would not muck about with Silver, in one Sovereign you will need a LOT of Silver to equal the price, especially if you go down the Jewellery route, then storage becomes a problem. I keep my coins in tubes and once filled that equates to roughly 15k you can of course get smaller tubes, there easy to hide up etc.

And of course you go in years time with your massive heavy Silver you will probably need a trolley ???

eBay is good for Sovereigns don't be fooled into buying proof ones in cases etc, as ultimately if your going to weight them in the companies won't pay a premium so you will have to sell privately, which incurs costs and fees.

Full Sovereign weigh 8g

Half Sovereign weigh 4g 

If you get one that's say an old coin it might weigh 7.95 ish through losing some through wear.

thank you, solid advice! I think I'll go down the sovereign route, I'll update on here as I buy them ?

43 minutes ago, adamuk said:

Full Sovereign weigh 8g

Half Sovereign weigh 4g 

I think there is a case for silver, although you can never go wrong buying gold you won't go wrong buying silver either and you always have to keep an eye on the gold to silver ratio which is currently 87 ounces of silver to one ounce of gold in price, in the last decade it has been as high as 92 to 1 and as low as 65 to 1 which is ridiculous as it is mined out of the ground at a ratio of 8 to 1 with gold.   The biggest issue with silver is the 20% vat but if you buy from Europe from sellers that operate on the margin scheme you get a VAT rate of 7% and if this stops with Brexit you instantly have an edge when selling as everyone now is forced to operate on the 20%.

In a financial crisis gold always goes up first before silver but then silver goes up and always goes up more than gold, the trick is to sell silver and buy gold when the gold to silver ratio is low, if you buy now at 87 to 1 and sell at 40 to 1 and then buy gold with the proceeds you get 2 ounces of gold where you would only have got one if you had just bought gold.  Remember the uproar when Bitcoin went to parity with an ounce of gold who knew that if you had bought one Bitcoin instead of gold you could have sold it and bought 18 ounces of gold if you had timed everything perfectly, even today with Bitoin pulled all the way back to 6k you are getting 5oz of gold instead of one if you had gone this way.

Silver is more bulky and is harder to shift this is true but I think it has a place in a well managed metals portfoleo plus silver is being consumed and diminished gold is not, if the future is electric cars and solar then silver will be required, you only have to look at platinum and palladium to see a truer picture of price discovery as they are not subject to the same shitfuckery that gold and silver are by the banking cabals, open interest is at an all time high as they attempt to suppress the price with paper.

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk
  • Keeemon 1

59 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I think there is a case for silver, although you can never go wrong buying gold you won't go wrong buying silver either and you always have to keep an eye on the gold to silver ratio which is currently 87 ounces of silver to one ounce of gold in price, in the last decade it has been as high as 92 to 1 and as low as 65 to 1 which is ridiculous as it is mined out of the ground at a ratio of 8 to 1 with gold.   The biggest issue with silver is the 20% vat but if you buy from Europe from sellers that operate on the margin scheme you get a VAT rate of 7% and if this stops with Brexit you instantly have an edge when selling as everyone now is forced to operate on the 20%.

In a financial crisis gold always goes up first before silver but then silver goes up and always goes up more than gold, the trick is to sell silver and buy gold when the gold to silver ratio is low, if you buy now at 87 to 1 and sell at 40 to 1 and then buy gold with the proceeds you get 2 ounces of gold where you would only have got one if you had just bought gold.  Remember the uproar when Bitcoin went to parity with an ounce of gold who knew that if you had bought one Bitcoin instead of gold you could have sold it and bought 18 ounces of gold if you had timed everything perfectly, even today with Bitoin pulled all the way back to 6k you are getting 5oz of gold instead of one if you had gone this way.

Silver is more bulky and is harder to shift this is true but I think it has a place in a well managed metals portfoleo plus silver is being consumed and diminished gold is not, if the future is electric cars and solar then silver will be required, you only have to look at platinum and palladium to see a truer picture of price discovery as they are not subject to the same shitfuckery that gold and silver are by the banking cabals, open interest is at an all time high as they attempt to suppress the price with paper.

Very interesting perspective, thanks.

• Keeemon 2

4 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Very interesting perspective, thanks.

If you want silver try Goldsilver.be in Belgium or Silver2go in Germany, they both sell on the 7% margin VAT scheme and if you compare prices to the cheapest dealers here they should be better, you need a decent sized order however as postage can be 15 euros.  Best to stick with Britannias or whatever is the cheapest UK silver with Betty Battenbergs head on the back as they are all capital gains tax free should you end up passing any on to your kids.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Excellent post I guess the main thing is you are (ok) with both and all depends on the quantity you think you will accumulate, my friend has 60kg of loose Silver I always take the piss as he moans about storage etc. 

He brought his when he and everyone was paying 90p a gramme years ago, the price plummeted and he was left with it, he won't live to see him get his initial investment back, and ironically all of the Georgian and Victorian Silver stuff like Tea sets were worthless then are worth way over scrap now.

For me Gold is far less hassle.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1