Everything is lost again : I'm lost!!

Antonin

1 minute ago, centipede said:

i know mate, i think im going to miss all those 5 team accas i did where every team was losing by half time!!

Lol. That's one of the reasons i stopped. I just never won. Any football bets dogs horses golf slots anything. I used to follow horse racing religiously and haven't now for about 5 years so can't pick a winner to save my life. You know i know many people enjoy football bets but to me if it was for decent money i found it more stressful than enjoyable. Two months i put £200 on a team at 8/11 and even when they were 4 nil up i was still panicking. Sod that anymore.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "escape"

I was gambling in order to escape from negative emotions. These emotions include loneliness and boredom.

I was rushing off to my gambling site to "de-stress" after a hectic day at work.

Once the session had begun, this intence focus on play is a powerful distraction, and personal problems seemed to miraculously disappear.

Gambling is such an effective means of distraction, a powerful means of escape, that I didn't see my gambling as a problem in my life. I believed it was a part of the solution ...

The reality though, is that gambling plays a detrimental role in the lives of gamblers. It can cause a range of harms, financial, health issues and emotional problems.

Understanding why we couldn't stop once we had started is a crucial step in controlling gambling or quit gambling.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 6

3 hours ago, Antonin said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "escape"

I was gambling in order to escape from negative emotions. These emotions include loneliness and boredom.

I was rushing off to my gambling site to "de-stress" after a hectic day at work.

Once the session had begun, this intence focus on play is a powerful distraction, and personal problems seemed to miraculously disappear.

Gambling is such an effective means of distraction, a powerful means of escape, that I didn't see my gambling as a problem in my life. I believed it was a part of the solution ...

The reality though, is that gambling plays a detrimental role in the lives of gamblers. It can cause a range of harms, financial, health issues and emotional problems.

Understanding why we couldn't stop once we had started is a crucial step in controlling gambling or quit gambling.

You are really coming on strong in reflecting just what the need to escape  is in its actuallity!

Super proud of how far you have come on this journey.

Keep strong, you can do this x

It is now 50 days since i played a slot placed a bet visited an arcade or gambled online. I have always been honest and said i would play poker with my mates most Saturdays for £10 and i have done that 4 times in 50 days. My problem was slots and arcades so it's now 50 since i put one single penny in.

• Puke! 1
  • Good Luck! 5
  • Keeemon 2

6 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

It is now 50 days since i played a slot placed a bet visited an arcade or gambled online. I have always been honest and said i would play poker with my mates most Saturdays for £10 and i have done that 4 times in 50 days. My problem was slots and arcades so it's now 50 since i put one single penny in.

Great achievement Kev, do you think it’s made it easier for you mentally by having the poker game once a week to look forward to.

well done.?

• Keeemon 2

3 hours ago, Hacko 1 said:

Great achievement Kev, do you think it’s made it easier for you mentally by having the poker game once a week to look forward to.

well done.?

Honest answer mate i don't know. I really enjoy it and i can honestly say going to play hasn't wanted me to do anything else. One thing i can say though is the 3 weeks i haven't gone out the last 7 didn't bother me one bit. I think the forum helps me more than the poker night. Also since i stopped everything else in the 4 visits I've won £90 £50 lost £10 and won £50 so it's going to take best part of 6 months to give that back if i don't win so ive got that mindset of yes I'd like to win but it's not a nightmare if i don't. I thought like that anyway but it obviously helps more if your in a bit of profit. I think the main thing is not missing it on the weeks i didn't go too much.

• Keeemon 1

4 hours ago, Kev40 said:

Awesome!!

For someone who has gambled for a very long time, that's a fantastic achievement

I have got a feeling that is only the beginning of even more great things to come for you

Keep it that way

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

Montain

It's 04:37 over here in France and I feel blessed 

I'm blessed with a great health, loving friends and family. That's enough resources to meet my needs 

An incredible spiritual resources offered to me from every direction and the chance to serve otherss

When looking at the difficulties that I have faced I can see in retrospect that these challenges ultimately made me stronger and taught me some important lessons

Life is great!!

Edited by Antonin
  • Keeemon 4

@david1111 @Kev40 

Top stuff guys. I'm proud of both of you.

Considering the fact that you had gambled from a young age but then managed to stop gambling.

It takes a big man to do it, so well done.

We're going to chrismas together. Christmas is the gospel message of salvation.

Enjoy your days gamble free!! ?

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

16 minutes ago, Antonin said:

@david1111 @Kev40 

Top stuff guys. I'm proud of both of you.

Considering the fact that you had gambled from a young age but then managed to stop gambling.

It takes a big man to do it, so well done.

We're going to chrismas together. Christmas is the gospel message of salvation.

Enjoy your days gamble free!! ?

Thanks mate genuinely couldn't of done the first 50 days without you David and everyone else. On to the next 50. Looking forward to reading your milestone post tomorrow of 150 days.

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 2

3 minutes ago, Antonin said:

@Kev40

I know you're fine with your poker night and you will be honest about it

For me it's a gamble but if you're fine with it, no problem ?

Would you think that you could stop without any problem ?

Tbh I've not been every week and the weeks i haven't been hasn't bothered me one bit. One weekend i might take the missus out or i could do sat night poker. Both nights i enjoy but obviously for different reasons.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

Tbh I've not been every week and the weeks i haven't been hasn't bothered me one bit. One weekend i might take the missus out or i could do sat night poker. Both nights i enjoy but obviously for different reasons.

Glad to hear that mate

• Puke! 1