Antonin

Everything is lost again : I'm lost!!

Recommended Posts

Well ... what can i say about that ...

For the second time in my life, i'm broke again

My bank account shows +9,47 EUR

My defeat has been radical

I'm posting here because i know gamblers can relate to

At least, i'm gonna have a sunny monday tomorrow 

wheather.png.c2c474312d03cf5187fcd90a03bfdce5.png

Time to have fresh air and clear my mind!

Ps: I don't want to annoy you with /depressing thread

Cheers to the TGC!!

 

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you think having £9.47 or the equivalent in your bank means your broke you have no idea what broke is 

  • Like 4
  • Get In There! 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Bangers has said is absolutely spot on. Your life will pass you by and you will have nothing to show for it if you carry on down this path. 

It's not too late for you but you really do have to change things now 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cant_moaning I can't add to what Bangers has said-- or David, but you must recognise  that Life moves very fast,and the  years pass you by , almost by magic. You need to place a value on the time you have here , and Gambling ruins that ..... Wake up,and be more resolute with your decisions .... Enjoy every moment of every day. Money ,you can lose , but Time, no don't waste time to be happy, Be happy NOW!!

and @VillaLad makes a good point !!  having a credit balance is a miracle for a Gambler !!

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no bad times indeed, I can only echo what others have said. 

I know you live abroad, can you still use Gamstop etc? If so surely now is the time?

As you know people are always on here day and night to talk, if ever needed.

Keep smiling. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VillaLad said:

If you think having £9.47 or the equivalent in your bank means your broke you have no idea what broke is 

Very well said

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At below 25, aren't you, is the time for experiments, mistakes, crazy Ness. Now that you tasted what it is on dark side, which in your case is not dark at all.. Its like reaching with one leg in water saying you tasted ocean... Just pull off your leg from water and continue walking on ground. Time to try new things and leave gambling. 

 

Edited by CherryPi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cant_moaning said:

Well ... what can i say about that ...

For the second time in my life, i'm broke again

My bank account shows +9,47 EUR

My defeat has been radical

I'm posting here because i know gamblers can relate to

At least, i'm gonna have a sunny monday tomorrow 

wheather.png.c2c474312d03cf5187fcd90a03bfdce5.png

Time to have fresh air and clear my mind!

Ps: I don't want to annoy you with /depressing thread

Cheers to the TGC!!

 

Which Date is Payday in the UK ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Broke" may not be the appropriate word ... It's more like "skint" 
I mean, Gambling took all my money ...
I obviously feel ashamed about it
I wanted to be honest with you guys

Thanks to you all!! 🙂

 

Edited by cant_moaning
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

"Broke" may not be the appropriate word ... It's more like "skint" 
I mean, Gambling took all my money ...
I obviously feel ashamed about it
I wanted to be honest with you guys

Thanks to you all!! 🙂

 

Go back to the beginning mate and read your I quit gambling thread. You will see the huge support you have received so time to give something back by quitting. 

No pressure! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time to turn your finances over to someone else, maybe family or partner. Your going round in circles mate, it can't go on like this. If you can't get control if your gambling you have to stop completely. If you still want to gamble you have to set controls, if your paid monthly put a small amount into another account and use this for gambling, get someone to manage your main account for you. Time to get control back mate. You've done so well in the past, so you know you can do it. Much love, TGC are here for you if needed mate.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you got to 25 only being broke once before, you're doing alright.

As most have said, if you can't get a handle on things, you just have to sack it off completely.

Hope you get it sorted, and back onto a steady path, mate.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Go back to the beginning mate and read your I quit gambling thread. You will see the huge support you have received so time to give something back by quitting. 

No pressure! 

That thread, read in full.. for anyone.. should have been a push in the right direction, worth a read for anyone David, so good idea!!

49 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

@thewweEDGEHAD I'm not from the UK mate. For me, in two weeks

Yikes, if you only have 10 bucks odd, to last you for 2 weeks, that surely must be a 2nd chance from up above, to knock it on the head CM!!!

Please tell me you have the funds, from the big win last month, all safe and sound, in the zero access or 180 day pass book account I said for you to put it in???

9 minutes ago, Marky147 said:

If you got to 25 only being broke once before, you're doing alright.

As most have said, if you can't get a handle on things, you just have to sack it off completely.

Hope you get it sorted, and back onto a steady path, mate.

Top words, from a top bloke CM...so read over the comments from your winning thread!

It really is time to stop all and any access to your funds, on and off line, so you cannot spend, what you do not have or can afford.. its the ONLY way! 🙉

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Poker All gone mate .. All gone 🤦‍♂️

Here's some decisions:

*on my next paycheck*

1/ -To Give to my father a huge part of my next paycheck 
2/ -To Pay my bills and food for the month
3/ -To Keep something for Gambling (for now)

A complete stop would be too brutal for me

I never been able to do that. It's time to change. Slowly but surely ...

  • Like 1
  • Good Luck! 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cant_moaning said:

@Poker All gone mate .. All gone 🤦‍♂️

Here's some decisions:

*on my next paycheck*

1/ -To Give to my father a huge part of my next paycheck 
2/ -To Pay my bills and food for the month
3/ -To Keep something for Gambling (for now)

A complete stop would be too brutal for me

I never been able to do that. It's time to change. Slowly but surely ...

This is how I control my gambling as well.    I ensure first thing that my rent is paid and also put money aside or pay on account my bills each week.   Make sure that I have food for the week  and when stuff is on offer I tend to try and fill my freezer and cupboards.    The money left over I tend to split over 7 days and give myself a daily gambling allowance.  This stops me having to miss any days from a losing streak which can lead to climbing the walls and desperation when the next cheque arrives and a tendency to go on bender with it. I also tend to back a few singles  and also placepots which can give an interest through the card for small money.   Also golf bets normally last for 4 days (hopefully ! )  .   I never have a lot of money but also am never in big debt through my gambling which I have been in the past.  Also if you get a nice win you can put some aside for a rainy day or for big events such as Cheltenham which you may want to bet on. It also lets you treat yourself to a takeaway or a trip out.  Also you can put money in an account where you cannot get immediate access to stop sudden splurges. 

I hope you find a way that is of help to you.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CherryPi said:

At below 25, aren't you, is the time for experiments, mistakes, crazy Ness. Now that you tasted what it is on dark side, which in your case is not dark at all.. Its like reaching with one leg in water saying you tasted ocean... Just pull off your leg from water and continue walking on ground. Time to try new things and leave gambling. 

 

good analogy ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you got enough money to feed yourself until payday?

If not i can send you over a few pennies to help out.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for asking mate. It's very kind of you. 

I'm fine, i do have enough rice for two weeks ... 🤣

white-rice-on-a-table.thumb.jpg.461518d953412b8fe32bca88f99b6c24.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cant_moaning said:

Thanks for asking mate. It's very kind of you. 

I'm fine, i do have enough rice for two weeks ... 🤣

white-rice-on-a-table.thumb.jpg.461518d953412b8fe32bca88f99b6c24.jpg

Hard luck mate. I remember my friend many years ago living a whole month on almost nothing but pasta and vinegar after blowing his pay cheque so it can be done. If every story has an upside - he did lose weight 🙂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cant_moaning said:

@Poker All gone mate .. All gone 🤦‍♂️

Here's some decisions:

*on my next paycheck*

1/ -To Give to my father a huge part of my next paycheck 
2/ -To Pay my bills and food for the month
3/ -To Keep something for Gambling (for now)

A complete stop would be too brutal for me

I never been able to do that. It's time to change. Slowly but surely ...

A complete stop is difficult, specially for "new" gamblers who gamble like from less than 2 years. Excitement and the dream is still there, unless completely broke. started the slow change back in November last year with small steps. Plan is by March to completely stop gambling. So far good, but I find out I have moments of deep depression outside  gambling. Until I cure it, it will always force me to do something that I should not, no matter what. Unless you find something stronger than gambling like girl. 

In my view my last step will be going to real casino and seeing how I lose money that I can touch and see, rather than online, numbers, just lost value of money. 

Edited by CherryPi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your on the right lines with your 1-2-3. I would open a new bank account and have your food/bill/rent money paid into it as soon as you get your pay. Give your dad the new bank card. Then what's left divide it by 3. A third is for you to gamble, a third is for you to socialise and a third goes into a savings account that you only have a passbook for. The saving pass book is there for you to use for a holiday and yes you can go to vegas if you save enough. Your new golden rules to save you from rack and ruin is you only use a third of your money after you 1, paid your bills. 2, You have saved a third into you savings account. 2 simple steps that will see you start enjoying having a bet without the worry your going to fuck everything up. So 2 simple steps that you do religiously every time you get paid. If you don't i promise i will find you and kick you in the bollocks so hard that you will cry blood for a month. I was 35 with a problem gambling until i sorted myself out, there is no one to blame but yourself and no one will pick you up but yourself.... So use your brain and realise that your not very good at this gambling malarkey and it's not going to get better until you get a grip and do some positive steps.... First step 1... second step2. 

This might seem a bit harsh but i wish someone had been fucking harsh with me when i was 25...the amount i lost from 25-35 was totally insane.

Message sent with the best intentions. 🙂

  • Like 6
  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2019 at 22:54, PieGamble said:

Hard luck mate. I remember my friend many years ago living a whole month on almost nothing but pasta and vinegar after blowing his pay cheque so it can be done. If every story has an upside - he did lose weight 🙂

Yup, I was in the same spot. It was brutal, but it helped me a lot to quit gambling.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now