any golf punters about ?

Shades111

Westwood had a good day, big props if you backed him - a brave decision if you did! Mickelson started out 2 under through 2, but finished +9 which means he'll miss the cut without a miracle. 

Xander also went around well and is a couple of shots back, which is basically prime position.

Didn't see or hear any highlights of Day going around yesterday, which is generally a bad sign! 

I think they'll make the course tougher today, especially with the pin placements. Couple of hole in ones yesterday and hole ins from 100+ yards, although it's still a challenge as the fairways and greens tight and the rough is a challenge. 

• Keeemon 1

On 14/09/2020 at 17:55, Fredthedog1 said:

Us open!!!!

Collin Morikawa

14/1 £15 win

Bryson Dechambeau

22/1 £15 win

Matthew Wolff

55/1 £7.50 win

Wolf's gone on incredible round so far today and into favourite, Dechambeu is. In there too. These 3 picks look absolutely top draw now - and as per my post above - wolf was the value at around 200/1 earlier, and now favourite at 3/1!

Edited by Luke_B_123
  • Keeemon 1

I think I got the format right... It did suit scramblers / people who can save shots from around the edge and a few under par would be a winning score.... Unfortunately when someone is just in the zone like Dechambeu was, its hard to pick them out specifically before the tourn starts, unless you're @Fredthedog1!

Really enjoyed the comp though, although it was tough it does get boring seeing (what seems) every single tournament being 20 under par winners. 

Should of been Ryder Cup this week, instead the next major is the masters in November I believe? 

• Keeemon 2

• 2 weeks later...

BMW CHAMPIONSHIP

October 8th - 11th 

Hosted in Wentworth, Surrey. 

Skybet paying to 8places is about the best e/w value. Course isn't particularly long and the fairways are tight, with some punishing roughs. 

Last few winners have all been slightly longer shots odds wise, including An when he burst on the scene in 2015 at 200/1. Since then it's been similar all rounders in this course such as Noren, Willet and Molinari who have won here in the BMW. Weather looks pretty ropey the first few days and there's not any of the top top golfers in the field (Patrick Reed and Tommy Fleetwood teeing off as favourites) 

Fleetwood and Rai finished in great form last week and it's reflected in their reduced odds. Rai is one shades has pulled out before, and from the west Midlands - I'd probably fancy him for a place at best but not sure he has it in him to win back to back tournaments. 

I'm going for a few I don't normally look at. 

Andy Sullivan - tied 9th in August in a similar field at the Belfry, tied 20th last week and finished on +8 in the tough Open which was not wholly horrendous. 

Fancy backing English golfers who can handle the conditions and winning in England in August I think represents a decent chance at pushing for a top spot for odds of around 45/1.

Another English buy a long punt I'm taking at 80/1 - Eddie Pepperell. Has withdrawn from a few competitions and hasn't recaptured his form of a year or 2 back, but went around last week in probably the worse tee time conditions and finished well at tied 7th. Hope he can carry on improving on this and nick a place. 

Last one I'm going for is Matt Wallace. London boy, maybe might have a bit of course history (although Ernie Els did help do some significant changes to the course 3-4 years ago) and looks a solid enough player at 30/1.

• Chaching! 2
  • Keeemon 1

36 minutes ago, Luke_B_123 said:

Sullivan going around SO well, tied third for most the round and had a little Collapse at the end =(

Went from 20/1 to 60/1 at the end, gutting. Most of the others are going around Okay still though

A herd wee vj wus 50 1 fur his appearance soon

• Shocked! 1

Lowry and Fitzpatrick collapse. 

Really happy with all my picks, went as well as I could of hoped without getting a winner, with a few holes left looks like. Pepperell and Sullivan will finish 3rd / 4th unless the Hatton and Perez have a poor run in. 

Happy with 45 and 80/1s comfortable places 

• 4 weeks later...

Masters Thursday! @Shades111has been MIA for a while, might be nice to hear off him?

There's a few fun facts for this tournament. 

I don't think anyone over the age of about 45 has won the comp? The course is about 6 miles long, so your walking about a marathons worth of walking across 4 days, and most oldies tend to fade away a little. 

Think the last 4 out of 6 winners have been in the top 20 approaches to the green PGA stats coming in to the comp, and just over half of the last 10 winners have won a comp in the last year leading into the tournament. 

Think the course is playing quite long, but not monstrous. Second shots into tees are key, so I guess if you are accurate you can make up for being a little shorter off the tee, so length isn't completelyeverything (eh hem) although doesn't hurt. 

I have to go with Scottie Scheffler, everytime I've seen him he looks so good, and his last 6 months stats are good. Doubt he has the bottle to win a major yet, but his game looks solid for a place. Not sure on my other couple of golfers yet, but skybet are paying 11 places again! 

• Keeemon 2

1 hour ago, Luke_B_123 said:

Masters Thursday! @Shades111has been MIA for a while, might be nice to hear off him?

There's a few fun facts for this tournament. 

I don't think anyone over the age of about 45 has won the comp? The course is about 6 miles long, so your walking about a marathons worth of walking across 4 days, and most oldies tend to fade away a little. 

Think the last 4 out of 6 winners have been in the top 20 approaches to the green PGA stats coming in to the comp, and just over half of the last 10 winners have won a comp in the last year leading into the tournament. 

Think the course is playing quite long, but not monstrous. Second shots into tees are key, so I guess if you are accurate you can make up for being a little shorter off the tee, so length isn't completelyeverything (eh hem) although doesn't hurt. 

I have to go with Scottie Scheffler, everytime I've seen him he looks so good, and his last 6 months stats are good. Doubt he has the bottle to win a major yet, but his game looks solid for a place. Not sure on my other couple of golfers yet, but skybet are paying 11 places again! 

Jack Nicholas was older than 45 when he won his last masters ,

I do not think it will have same appeal to me being played at this time of year. I always like to think it means summer is nearly here not winter

So he was! In fact he was the oldest at 46 years and 82 days (only just!) 

Before that it was Gary Player (42) Tiger (43) and another guy (Ben Crenshaw?) at 43 also. 

Just a decent ish stat still, that makes you consider picking some of the more mature golfers, when it's only been done once (by a legend of the game) in the competitions 86 year history! 

Weather does come into it too, I'm sure a few of the hardened Europeans will fancy it over the fair weather golfers 

1 hour ago, Luke_B_123 said:

So he was! In fact he was the oldest at 46 years and 82 days (only just!) 

Before that it was Gary Player (42) Tiger (43) and another guy (Ben Crenshaw?) at 43 also. 

Just a decent ish stat still, that makes you consider picking some of the more mature golfers, when it's only been done once (by a legend of the game) in the competitions 86 year history! 

Weather does come into it too, I'm sure a few of the hardened Europeans will fancy it over the fair weather golfers 

Ray Floyd ( I remembered so I looked him up )was another golfer who had a good go at the masters in his late forties.  He lost in a play off to Faldo in 1990 and was runner up in 1992 to Fred Couples.   He was actually world ranked 14th when he was 50 !

There used to be saying you really needed many years of experience of playing Augusta to perform well around there.  There have been a lot of new players over the years who have done well and said "what is the fuss it does not seem that hard" only to disappear off the leader board by the end of the tournament.

I imagine it will be very odd if there are few people watching them play around

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Really late to post this as the competition tees off in the next half an hour or so, but the Dubai Desert Classic starts today and over the weekend. 

The field isn't crazy strong - Rahm has pulled out who was the favourite by a little margin.

I quite like Casey at 40s and at bigger odds Noren at 70s. 8 places paid at skybet. Should be a decent comp 👍

• Chaching! 1

oi oi all , been well out of form lately so not really had the urge to post a bunch of losers for you to follow , this week however it looks like i got a couple of chances left from my pre-tournament bets worth mentioning .

£9.50 win Macintyre 25/1

£8 win Hovland 25/1

£8 eachway Zalatoris 50/1

20p eachway doubles (2 left) Harding 125/1 Potter Jnr 600/1