TGCs York Ebor Festival Competition

david1111

4 minutes ago, Denman said:

Okay, good luck. Do not pick any selection above 7/4 to maximise your chance of retaining your trophy. You're welcome. 

My trophy isn’t at risk 😂

I’m just here for the fun and I don’t care what the odds are as I will choose by a name and that’s all.

I don’t see this as anything other than a good laugh and a distraction right now.

1 minute ago, howfin said:

The children do have a point, with no EW picking anything at a price is not worth it. Makes the comp a bit underwhelming as everyone will be picking the top 2/3 in the market

Its not even that, let me simplify it, at every price bracket above 7/4 it is removing value. You're getting less points awarded than the price merits. Whereas below 7/4 you're being awarded more points than the price would return, more value. So simply playing this game, you're far better off staying low in the prices. 

1 minute ago, Cheryl T said:

I’m just here for the fun and I don’t care what the odds are as I will choose by a name and that’s all.

I don’t see this as anything other than a good laugh and a distraction right now.

You're on a forum where many users have made syndicates to try force win competitions and others have tried to manipulate competitions block betting towards the expiration to take advantage of gaps in the market. So sure it is good fun for you and just a distraction, others are going to take it seriously and take advantage of the unbalanced scoring system, especially now as I have educated the absolute shit for brains. 

2 minutes ago, Denman said:

Its not even that, let me simplify it, at every price bracket above 7/4 it is removing value. You're getting less points awarded than the price merits. Whereas below 7/4 you're being awarded more points than the price would return, more value. So simply playing this game, you're far better off staying low in the prices. 

Aye i get what youre saying but you know what who gives a flying one anyway just bit fun if someones so desperate for an amazon card to buy the latest dildo from china fair play to them for being smart with their selections i usually pick bigger priced fucks myself so with no EW its a bit shit but ill put my selections in anyway as im not bothered winning or losing my view is its always up to the fuck putting up the prize how it should work

• Love 1
  • Keeemon 1

5 minutes ago, Cheryl T said:

But Where's the fun without me or Denman? 

Seriously the chat is dead as fudge at the moment. Even you rarely comment anymore Cheryl 

2 minutes ago, Denman said:

You're on a forum where many users have made syndicates to try force win competitions and others have tried to manipulate competitions block betting towards the expiration to take advantage of gaps in the market. So sure it is good fun for you and just a distraction, others are going to take it seriously and take advantage of the unbalanced scoring system, especially now as I have educated the absolute shit for brains. 

What happened to your affiliation sausage machine post @Denman, did the gestapo take the hump?

Affiliate sausages, maybe some “chip”olatas 😀, ill fetch me coat 😔

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, therealwintersoldier said:

OK, @Denman @Miller26

You can pick all your horses but the price can be no bigger than 7/4 and all of mine will be bigger than 7/4 

I fancy a little side bet you up for it?

I will take this bet for any amount if we can expand on the rules. 

Just now, MrUKHackz said:

@Denman Would you be so kind as to devise a point system and also a small writeup explaining the mathematics and why its important, please :thumbsup:

Yes, very easily. But I am feeling more militant than helpful now. 

4 minutes ago, Miller26 said:

But Where's the fun without me or Denman? 

Seriously the chat is dead as fudge at the moment. Even you rarely comment anymore Cheryl 

We are for the majority caught up in unprecedented times. My workload is off the scale and I do read but do not post as often. I’m tired and fed up of people on the take. I’m tired of the worst of human nature. I come here to laugh. Some of the posts have been ridiculous and pompous.

If we can’t support a game of fun and each other then we are lost.

3 minutes ago, Cheryl T said:

We are for the majority caught up in unprecedented times. My workload is off the scale and I do read but do not post as often. I’m tired and fed up of people on the take. I’m tired of the worst of human nature. I come here to laugh. Some of the posts have been ridiculous and pompous.

I'm sorry if I caused you offence as I never mean to hurt anyone but it's in my nature to argue and question all the time. 

There just wouldn't be any debate without difference of opinion but I'll attempt to tone it down a little 

• Keeemon 2

What David is trying to do is bring more skill than pure luck into the competition by trying to devise a scoring system that prevents someone having a good 3 days then someone coming in with a 50/1 winner on the last day and winning the competition.

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, Cheryl T said:

It’s all a bit of a pisstake surely though Cheryl, nobody is really serious about anything, nothing personal. Some folk enjoy the comps others don’t.

1 minute ago, david1111 said:

@MrUKHackz  I think with the generosity on a free to enter competition it should be enjoyed and taken at face value.

Saying that, I want it to be completely fair for everyone who enters so if you feel reverting back to the tipping comp format is more appropriate we can do that.

You, Jok3st3r and a lot of the rest seem to think I just love having a dig David. I appreciate you taking your time to do the comps but if members can't havr there input what's the point in a forum. 

I'm glad you are not too stubborn to change your mind. 

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

What David is trying to do is bring more skill than pure luck into the competition by trying to devise a scoring system that prevents someone having a good 3 days then someone coming in with a 50/1 winner on the last day and winning the competition.

Come on kev, you don't seriously think there's skill in picking favs do you? 

1 minute ago, Miller26 said:

You, Jok3st3r and a lot of the rest seem to think I just love having a dig David. I appreciate you taking your time to do the comps but if members can't havr there input what's the point in a forum. 

I'm glad you are not too stubborn to change your mind. 

I'm always happy to change my mind if that's what people want. You know me, I don't want to purposely disadvantage anyone.

Everyone is welcome to post their input but there's ways and means of getting the point across without belittling the effort people have put in

• Keeemon 1