Tonight's premier League darts

david1111

8 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I've reinvested a tenner

Single @ 9/4
Potential returns: £33.54
£10.32

van Gerwen to win the match, hit the highest checkout & score more 180's than Price @ 9/4

Michael van Gerwen 0 v 0 Gerwyn Price

Price Boosts

Can't believe mvg average is about 90

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Peter Wright 2/1 to beat mvg. I can see that been a popular bet with mvg recently changing his darts losing early last week and Wright winning last week. I'm also interested to see how aspinall gets on against the ever consistent John Henderson. I think the asp will be incredibly nervous. Looking forward to it.

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

Peter Wright 2/1 to beat mvg. I can see that been a popular bet with mvg recently changing his darts losing early last week and Wright winning last week. I'm also interested to see how aspinall gets on against the ever consistent John Henderson. I think the asp will be incredibly nervous. Looking forward to it.

Tough to call the Wright match. He was lucky to win against Michael Smith on Sunday who blew 3 match darts 

Always harder to predict when you also have a draw in the equasion

3 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Tough to call the Wright match. He was lucky to win against Michael Smith on Sunday who blew 3 match darts 

Always harder to predict when you also have a draw in the equasion

I know mate. Even following the sport as much as i do i would still find it difficult to predict the outcome in most of the games. Will durrant slow Smith down. Will last week's final affect Smith. Is Anderson back to something near is best. Will gurney be better than last week. All questions i just don't have the answer to.

4 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

I know mate. Even following the sport as much as i do i would still find it difficult to predict the outcome in most of the games. Will durrant slow Smith down. Will last week's final affect Smith. Is Anderson back to something near is best. Will gurney be better than last week. All questions i just don't have the answer to.

Good job we don't bet mate

Was gonna do a comp for this years Premier league but forgot . Ooooops

Nice tip whoever gave brownman the 6/1 on Clayton to beat MVG last week. I forgot about that one too.

@Hacko 1, @Kev40, @david1111, @philinvicta  and @Frosty as premier arrowsmiths, any fancies for tonight? Gotta have P. Wright tonight, I need a little acca for added interest. Not happy Fallon being in it. Not even World Champ, and after the disgraceful crowd behaviour when Evetts played her, think its unfair on who plays her in this comp. Unless she played Anderson in Scotland where the hollering might even out. Felt sorry for Ted that night even tho i had money on fallon.

Fire away guys. It will only be a fiver acca so no pressure.

18 minutes ago, Crunchie said:

Nice tip whoever gave brownman the 6/1 on Clayton to beat MVG last week. I forgot about that one too.

@Hacko 1, @Kev40, @david1111, @philinvicta and @Frosty as premier arrowsmiths, any fancies for tonight? Gotta have P. Wright tonight, I need a little acca for added interest. Not happy Fallon being in it. Not even World Champ, and after the disgraceful crowd behaviour when Evetts played her, think its unfair on who plays her in this comp. Unless she played Anderson in Scotland where the hollering might even out. Felt sorry for Ted that night even tho i had money on fallon.

I would certainly consider taking on the newbies. I think the premier league is completely different to the major tournaments and most debutants struggle in the early weeks. Peter Wright is massively overpriced at 2/1 and for once i do fancy Anderson over an out of form Gurney. Price has lost some from but Cross's performance last week against Lewis was shocking to say the least averaging not much more than 80. The problem is though there is likely to be a draw so I'd maybe go for the Smith v Durrant draw.

• Like 1

how about smith on the 180's, he seems to be playing better and should have won the weekend. Gurney and Cross are off form, Anderson playing better just not his best. I like the Asps attitude tbh.... think big John overperformed v MVG to get a draw last year, would not fancy him to follow up.

13 minutes ago, Crunchie said:

@Hacko 1, @Kev40, @david1111, @philinvicta as premier arrowsmiths, any fancies for tonight? Gotta have P. Wright tonight, I need a little acca for added interest. Not happy Fallon being in it. Not even World Champ, and after the disgraceful crowd behaviour when Evetts played her, think its unfair on who plays her in this comp. Unless she played Anderson in Scotland where the hollering might even out. Felt sorry for Ted that night even tho i had money on fallon.

Heres my take on it

Smith V Durrant     Feel it could be a tough year for Durrant. If Smith can get over his defeat in the masters final on Sunday which he should have won he can take this.

Anderson v Gurney   Anderson has stated this years premier league could make him or break him, make of that what you will

MVG v Wright      In this short format, impossible to predict!

Asp v Henderson   Once again hard to predict, but would side with asp as hes very hungry for victory

Price v Cross        Depends which Price turns up. Could be ripe for a draw

• Like 1

Just now, Crunchie said:

how about smith on the 180's, he seems to be playing better and should have won the weekend. Gurney and Cross are off form, Anderson playing better just not his best. I like the Asps attitude tbh.... think big John overperformed v MVG to get a draw last year, would not fancy him to follow up.

Smith will probably start like a train like he usually does but i can see durrant coming back at him. You'd expect Smith to get more 180's every day. The aspinall hendo game could be literally anything. Aspinall doesn't seem to handle pressure well going throw after throw without a big treble in crucial legs. Henderson reminds me a bit of Wade. He can win with a 90 average. In all honesty if i was a betting man i probably wouldn't have a bet in this match. It's the hardest match of the night to predict.

5 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Heres my take on it

Smith V Durrant     Feel it could be a tough year for Durrant. If Smith can get over his defeat in the masters final on Sunday which he should have won he can take this.

Anderson v Gurney   Anderson has stated this years premier league could make him or break him, make of that what you will

MVG v Wright      In this short format, impossible to predict!

Asp v Henderson   Once again hard to predict, but would side with asp as hes very hungry for victory

Price v Cross        Depends which Price turns up. Could be ripe for a draw

It's a difficult night all round for predictions. I think my bet would be Anderson Price double.

@Crunchie no bets being placed by me tonight, but I would probably have put a yankee on  similar to below:

Wright to beat MVG @ 2/1

Hendo to beat Aspinall @5/2 (Most contenders drew last year, massive underdogs with the crowd on their side. How many times has Aspinall been the villain?)

Price Match Treble v Cross (Purely based on Cross's poor form - He has lost a few stone since the worlds - may be affecting his game)

Anderson win and most 180s @ 5/2 ( When Garys on form, no one hits more 180s, so I don't see one happening without the other so value there)

The only caveat with the premier league is the short format. It means anyone can beat anyone - Hence why contenders have a chance, and also there is more chance of draws, both in the match and 180 bets, therefore some of the odds are not as generous as they seem.

Yes the darts is back! Got my tickets sorted for Birmingham, 5th year running 👌

Cracking games tonight. I think I'm going for all the "home" legs (guys listed first in the matches) to win. Doubt it'll come in as there's bound to be a draw somewhere but will see. 

Think I'm going to go ASP in his match, as I really fancy him to do well this year, including tonight and think (while I completely get the nerves bit) I think he'll have too much quality for big Jon.

Had a dabble on Micheal Smith most maxes and both players to check out 99+ once or more @ 9/2 

• Chaching! 2
  • Good Luck! 1