Weight loss challenge

ColourMeUp

Well good luck boys , i was 2 nights  without alchol yesterday and night before , the longest in 2021 ... I am off today and just  couldn't resist , wanted to go a week with no alcohol but here I am drinking in the morning as withdrawal symptoms were too strong today 😭...

Good luck to you guys once again 

16 minutes ago, jaydublin11 said:

Well good luck boys , i was 2 nights  without alchol yesterday and night before , the longest in 2021 ... I am off today and just  couldn't resist , wanted to go a week with no alcohol but here I am drinking in the morning as withdrawal symptoms were too strong today 😭...

Good luck to you guys once again 

Go and start your own thread about being a functioning alcoholic rather than cluttering up mine 😂

I wish you all the luck quitting booze, awful stuff, you're just wasting your life sadly. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

Go and start your own thread about being a functioning alcoholic rather than cluttering up mine 😂

I wish you all the luck quitting booze, awful stuff, you're just wasting your life sadly. 

Completely agree mate , i leave this thread alone hehe

• Like 1

Apologies gents, I had my vaccine after i posted and it proper wiped me out.

I want to lose the bulk of my weight by the start of September. I dont know if that will work for timescales of people doing a comp but I'll post a pic of what the scales show later, what I look like now and some basic measurements, waist, chest arms.

Im just hoping putting it up on here forces me to do something about it. I've gone back to using my fitness pal to track my food intake and its definitely reminded me the only way you can eat a decent amount of food and not have your calories through the roof is to eat proper food, by that I mean meat, potatoes, veg etc. Just gotta stick to it and work out too. Should save a decent amount of money each month too from not buying lazy food and takeaways.

• Chaching! 2
  • Good Luck! 1

1 hour ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Apologies gents, I had my vaccine after i posted and it proper wiped me out.

I want to lose the bulk of my weight by the start of September. I dont know if that will work for timescales of people doing a comp but I'll post a pic of what the scales show later, what I look like now and some basic measurements, waist, chest arms.

Im just hoping putting it up on here forces me to do something about it. I've gone back to using my fitness pal to track my food intake and its definitely reminded me the only way you can eat a decent amount of food and not have your calories through the roof is to eat proper food, by that I mean meat, potatoes, veg etc. Just gotta stick to it and work out too. Should save a decent amount of money each month too from not buying lazy food and takeaways.

No worries, not even got around to setting up a group chat yet. Was making the most of the nice weather over the last few days. 

18 minutes ago, ColourMeUp said:

No worries, not even got around to setting up a group chat yet. Was making the most of the nice weather over the last few days. 

That’s why your overweight hardman, sitting on ur hole in the sun instead of setting up the group chat. Don’t come waddling to ole Blacko for sympathy.

• Love 2

Here we are, currently sat at 87kg or 13 stone 11 in old money.

Waist 38    bicep 14     chest 46

Ideally I want to be around a stone lighter by September with a bit of muscle back on. I was a proper gym rat until 4 years ago, a stone heavier than I am now but it was nearly all muscle. Have lost nearly 4 inches on my arms, 4 inches chest and put on 5 inches around my waist... bad times.

Anyway let me know once something gets organised proper. I'll post weight updates every few weeks. Good luck everyone who does try and shift some.

20210607_135708.jpg

20210607_202901.jpg

20210607_202935.jpg

• Chaching! 3
  • Good Luck! 1

1 hour ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Here we are, currently sat at 87kg or 13 stone 11 in old money.

Waist 38    bicep 14     chest 46

Ideally I want to be around a stone lighter by September with a bit of muscle back on. I was a proper gym rat until 4 years ago, a stone heavier than I am now but it was nearly all muscle. Have lost nearly 4 inches on my arms, 4 inches chest and put on 5 inches around my waist... bad times.

Anyway let me know once something gets organised proper. I'll post weight updates every few weeks. Good luck everyone who does try and shift some.

20210607_135708.jpg

20210607_202901.jpg

20210607_202935.jpg

Good luck mate! 

@ColourMeUp

@ColourMeUp

I was pretty much your start in November (6ft 3. 18.5stone)

Managed to get myself down to 13.11 by the beginning of May and I must say I quite enjoyed the challenge. 

In a bit of a pickle at the moment though. Apparently I look like a crackhead now I've lost so much weight 😂😂. I'm not able to do any weights for the time being, I'm waiting for surgery. 

Good luck to you all. 

• Puke! 1
  • Chaching! 1
  • Keeemon 1

4 hours ago, pdavidson881 said:

@ColourMeUp

@ColourMeUp

Managed to get myself down to 13.11 by the beginning of May and I must say I quite enjoyed the challenge. 

In a bit of a pickle at the moment though. Apparently I look like a crackhead now I've lost so much weight 😂😂. I'm not able to do any weights for the time being, I'm waiting for surgery. 

Good luck to you all. 

Wow, how did you do it so relatively fast? Congrats! 

I didn't really have anything else to do, I was on furlough for 7, months.

I did, round 2100kals per day. At least 10k steps every day and every other day a 5km jog. 

Didn't really do any dieting as such. I just looked at what I ate and adjusted it. Rather than takeaways I'd make home made burgers with 5% mince or fried chicken in an air fryer. 

If you've got a sweet tooth or you graze at night watching TV with the missus, i found I could 'skip' breakfast with relative ease and use that to eat later on 

18 minutes ago, pdavidson881 said:

I did, round 2100kals per day. At least 10k steps every day and every other day a 5km jog. 

Didn't really do any dieting as such. I just looked at what I ate and adjusted it. Rather than takeaways I'd make home made burgers with 5% mince or fried chicken in an air fryer. 

If you've got a sweet tooth or you graze at night watching TV with the missus, i found I could 'skip' breakfast with relative ease and use that to eat later on 

This is pretty much how I diet. Could definitely be improved on a but it works. You can start getting into macros and eating really clean if you want to get cut, build muscle or just want to optimise your fat loss but for people just looking to start a diet and shift weight just make sure you're burning more calories than your taking in.

9 hours ago, pdavidson881 said:

@ColourMeUp

@ColourMeUp

Good luck to you all. 

Well done wee man 👍

• Keeemon 1

50 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

This is pretty much how I diet. Could definitely be improved on a but it works. You can start getting into macros and eating really clean if you want to get cut, build muscle or just want to optimise your fat loss but for people just looking to start a diet and shift weight just make sure you're burning more calories than your taking in.

Exactly. You can eat anything as long as you can burn it off. 

Never saw a cheat meal as cheating. I just moved a bit more on that day 

Thanks guys. 

Get this hernia sorted and then the bulk can begin! 😍😍😂

• Chaching! 1
  • Good Luck! 1

2 hours ago, pdavidson881 said:

Sounds good mate, food wise I'll be doing the same, but I'll replace the running with cycling as its easier on my joints 😬

Lovely to see someone who's actually done it, gives me some inspiration!