Days since ive had a bet...

Guest centipede

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

A very apt analogy and often the Gambler may turn to drink to drown  the problem..... and so the catch 22 is really how well do you value your life....is gambling worth the hell you put yourself through or will you choose to make it innocuous by reducing its hold over you. 

No friend can do for you what you must do for yourself and still be called friend....for accepting help in this way destroys the friendship and places an onerous and unnecessary burden on friendship itself.  

To defeat the problem you must stand alone and accept that you are the problem and may be the solution also. I gamble now happily ,losing or winning I am happy because I am in charge of my own destiny . My bets ,my results ,my cost, my happiness depends on my actions alone. No regret ,no recriminations , no lies and plenty of fun.....perfick !!!!

Fine post as Per 

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 1

Replacing an addiction with another one that is as bad as before isn't a good idea.

If you're going to divert your attention on another thing you've got to make sure it's going to be beneficial to you.

You have got to focus on your recovery if you really want to change your life for the better.

Edited by Antonin
  • Keeemon 2

2 hours ago, poole81 said:

Gamstop has really changed me. I wish I'd done it sooner.... I would advise anyone to use it, who feels they need to. It really will make you a lot happier

Even though I'm not on Gamstop I agree with what you say. I'm enjoying my days gamble free. 

• Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 2

20 minutes ago, centipede said:

get in mate

Saturday was really hard mate not having a football bet as I really love them but I cracked it and felt really good with myself, so far so good, thanks to everyone for your support it does help ?

• Puke! 1

2 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

Saturday was really hard mate not having a football bet as I really love them but I cracked it and felt really good with myself, so far so good, thanks to everyone for your support it does help ?

Indeed, the early days are quite hard mate

Just keep your mind busy

It gets easier after a while

I promise you it can be done

I'm living proof

Cheers

• Keeemon 2

10 minutes ago, Antonin said:

Indeed, the early days are quite hard mate

Just keep your mind busy

It gets easier after a while

I promise you it can be done

I'm living proof

Cheers

Cheers mate, today I went back to a place where I use to live before gambling ever entered my head, I moved away when I was ten so 33 years ago, I visited my old house, my school, the park, my old fishing places etc etc I took my wife and kids with me and can’t believe how good I feel mentally.

i remembered being that innocent little kid again, walked routes around the town and canal that I remember like the back of my hand, showing my kids things that I did when I was their age.

Ive been lost and didn’t really know, it’s like I’m that innocent little kid again full of hope and dreams, weird but I like it.

Im really happy?

• Puke! 3
  • Keeemon 3

On 06/05/2019 at 10:31, poole81 said:

Gamstop has really changed me. I wish I'd done it sooner.... I would advise anyone to use it, who feels they need to. It really will make you a lot happier

Its not Gamstop --- its you . You decided , and you took action , and for once the acton was honest and forthright. Gamban, or Gamstop is just a vehicle that allows you to be the person you should have been in the first place!!  

Its you that has changed you so well done , and don't look back !!!

Edited by Solario333
  • Keeemon 2

On 06/05/2019 at 19:15, Hacko 1 said:

Cheers mate, today I went back to a place where I use to live before gambling ever entered my head, I moved away when I was ten so 33 years ago, I visited my old house, my school, the park, my old fishing places etc etc I took my wife and kids with me and can’t believe how good I feel mentally.

i remembered being that innocent little kid again, walked routes around the town and canal that I remember like the back of my hand, showing my kids things that I did when I was their age.

Ive been lost and didn’t really know, it’s like I’m that innocent little kid again full of hope and dreams, weird but I like it.

Im really happy?

At last the sun has risen ... the sky is full of hope and you feel real again .... breathe in the clear air and savour the freedom of being alive . All around you is the future , not the past !!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

Days since I have bet 6, I have found it hard today in all honesty but have managed it.

I'm glad you overcome that day. One day at a time. It will be more and more easier in a few days. I know it can be hard I've been there. Do anything to keep your mind busy. You won't regret your choice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Antonin said:

I'm glad you overcome that day. One day at a time. It will be more and more easier in a few days. I know it can be hard I've been there. Do anything to keep your mind busy. You won't regret your choice. 

It was going down to the bookies that I struggled with today, it was raining here and I’m on a flagging job so couldn’t work and normally that’s where I’d go, I’m going to self exclude myself from the place tomorrow, I’ve been going there for years and find it quite an embarrassing thing that I have to do but in all honesty if I don’t I know it won’t be long till I go in.

On 06/05/2019 at 19:15, Hacko 1 said:

Im really happy?

At last the sun has risen ... the sky is full of hope and you feel real again .... breathe in the clear air and savour the freedom of being alive . All around you is the future , not the past !!

• Keeemon 1

4 minutes ago, Hacko 1 said:

It was going down to the bookies that I struggled with today, it was raining here and I’m on a flagging job so couldn’t work and normally that’s where I’d go, I’m going to self exclude myself from the place tomorrow, I’ve been going there for years and find it quite an embarrassing thing that I have to do but in all honesty if I don’t I know it won’t be long till I go in.

Remember that they just don't care about you. If you do that self exclusion, you'll be a winner. Don't give them anymore hard earned cash. 

Tomorrow, you'll tell me "I done it"!!!

• Puke! 1

4 hours ago, Solario333 said:

Its not Gamstop --- its you . You decided , and you took action , and for once the acton was honest and forthright. Gamban, or Gamstop is just a vehicle that allows you to be the person you should have been in the first place!!  

Its you that has changed you so well done , and don't look back !!!

Thanks mate. I appreciate that ?? I won't look back either!!! 

• Keeemon 1