Coronavirus

9 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

If you look at the UK Health Security Agency Weekly Covid Surveillance Report for the last 11 weeks they have been doing a vaccinated vs unvaccinated comparison report where they take 100,000 of each at random using their unique NHS identification number so this does away with any "polling bias" and also evens out both sets to give a fair comparison and currently in ages 30 and over it's showing an infection rate of 64% in the jabbed and 36% in the unjabbed.  They began this from week 36 where it was 50/50 but the infection rate in the jabbed has been rising on average 2% per week which in turn is lowering the infection rate in the unjabbed.

Going by the governments own statistics this "pandemic of the unjabbed" narrative is totally bogus. 

This would in part be due to the fact that a lot of the unjabbed would have caught covid and thus have built  natural immunity which is more effective than the jabs.   

If you remember in the beginning this was the route the UK was planning on taking ie Herd Immunity  until they got overwhelmed by the numbers.

It is also why the UK opened up earlier than many countries and though the numbers were high during the summer and they took stick for it they knew they could handle the cases at that time and that going into the usual Winter increase in hospitalisations the number would not get so out of control as to close the whole system down.

Do not forget now many EU countries are moving to compulsory vaccines and forced lockdowns again 

57 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

The only thing I know for absolute certain is whatever this is all about it's not what they are telling us it's all about as none of it makes any sense.  Kids are at zero risk of covid statistically they are more likely to die choking on food than from covid so why push an experimental injectable on them that does not have full longerm safety data.  Also what's with all the professional footballers and athletes keeling over nowadays as well, i've been following footy for decades and I've only seen 2 incidents in all this time now there is one every week.  I think making an experimental injectable mandatory is evil and the "cure" seems to be doing more damage than the disease.  5 million deaths globally in a population of 7.9 Billion over a 2 year period where the average age of death is still more than the national life expectancy in every developed country is miniscule when you add some perspective and this is before taking the creative acounting into consideration when attributing many of these deaths to covid.

I read a piece somewhere where a doctor said she had never seen so many young people in hospital with heart problems as this year

19 minutes ago, david1111 said:

They are being ultra cautious this time, but maybe if they had been from the start many life's could have been saved 

The Irish health system  just cannot cope and even though they have opened more ICU beds  they still have only half the number per capita of many other EU countries

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I read a piece somewhere where a doctor said she had never seen so many young people in hospital with heart problems as this year

I'm hearing the government is already pre-empting the kids being jabbed and are in the process of running an ad campaign on how "kids can get heart conditions too"

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk

2 minutes ago, david1111 said:

To be honest I hadn't read that. Worrying!

This is as far back as June (was reported to be a problem way before this especially amongst young men)  the main problem was myocarditis  

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

That is an American report

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

This is as far back as June (was reported to be a problem way before this especially amongst young men)  the main problem was myocarditis  

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/evidence-grows-stronger-covid-vaccine-link-heart-issue-cdc-says-n1270339

That is an American report

First time I've seen that, but I went through a stage of avoiding the news as it just got me down

Guest andywilliams1187
28 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I'm hearing the government is already pre-empting the kids being jabbed and are in the process of running an ad campaign on how "kids can get heart conditions too"

Funnily enough just got off a call with one of our NHS clients - they have been told "off the record" to start looking at how to manage vaccinations for 2-5 year olds. 

7 minutes ago, david1111 said:

First time I've seen that, but I went through a stage of avoiding the news as it just got me down

I try to keep myself informed but not overdo it because the longer this goes on  the harder it is to find somebody who seems to actually understand the science and what is going on

Just now, andywilliams1187 said:

Funnily enough just got off a call with one of our NHS clients - they have been told "off the record" to start looking at how to manage vaccinations for 2-5 year olds. 

I heard it on a radio call in show, some guy who works for a bus company said they had "Remember Kids Can Have Heart Conditions Too" ads all ready to go on the sides of busses when the time was right.  Apparently they intend to blame it on global warming.

37 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

This would in part be due to the fact that a lot of the unjabbed would have caught covid and thus have built  natural immunity which is more effective than the jabs.   

If you remember in the beginning this was the route the UK was planning on taking ie Herd Immunity  until they got overwhelmed by the numbers.

It is also why the UK opened up earlier than many countries and though the numbers were high during the summer and they took stick for it they knew they could handle the cases at that time and that going into the usual Winter increase in hospitalisations the number would not get so out of control as to close the whole system down.

Do not forget now many EU countries are moving to compulsory vaccines and forced lockdowns again 

To me this just made the dismissal of all the care workers who refused to get jabbed seem like madness, the unjabbed care workers had to provide a negative test before they could do their job but the jabbed did not yet it appears they are the real danger to vulnerabe patients not the unjabbed.

I usually stay out of these conversations but...

I am someone who is pro vaccines, pro science even before corona virus and I don't know the answers to what is the right way to tackle it all.

I had both vaccines due to losing close family members and friends to coronavirus.

First vaccine absolutely fine, second vaccine I had a severe reaction to it. My kidneys became severely inflamed resulting in me being hospitalised. I'm still receiving treatment 3 months on and ive been unable to drive medically from fainting due to my iron levels caused by all of this. 

People need to be made aware of the possible side effects so they know what to look out for. 

So ive seen the devastion from both points of spectrum.

• Agree 5

23 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I try to keep myself informed but not overdo it because the longer this goes on  the harder it is to find somebody who seems to actually understand the science and what is going on

Same here, my way of thinking is if I'm expected to give informed consent to taking an experimental medical procedure I figure I should try and be as informed as possible but it gets to the stage you just don't know what to believe as it appears to be a case of "follow the science" but also "not that science - this science" where the medical experts continually flip flop  on what they said previously and the way some virologists and epidemiologists with decades of experience in their chosen field and qualifications every bit as good as the government advisors are shut up make me suspicious.  I find that the ones that are retired and have no career prospects to damage or projects that need funding safeguarded and have no shares in the pharma companies are more likely to be telling the truth.

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk

15 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

I am someone who is pro vaccines, pro science even before corona virus and I don't know the answers to what is the right way to tackle it all.

I had both vaccines due to losing close family members and friends to coronavirus.

First vaccine absolutely fine, second vaccine I had a severe reaction to it. My kidneys became severely inflamed resulting in me being hospitalised. I'm still receiving treatment 3 months on and ive been unable to drive medically from fainting due to my iron levels caused by all of this. 

People need to be made aware of the possible side effects so they know what to look out for. 

That is very sad to hear.

I was lucky and got the Janssen and did not even get a sore arm but many of my work colleagues had to take time off  after getting the jab although thankfully nobody had serious side affects like you.

Many though are very reluctant to get a booster jab  and I am also reluctant because I feel it will have less of an affect against the Omicron mutation and we could end up jabbed just to be called in again shortly after to get a revised vaccine

• Keeemon 1

23 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

I'm not a medical expert but I have been listening to many who are and there are many recommended taking NAC in order to help lung and kidney function, it's something I have added in to my regimine of suppliments to try and give me as high a chance as possible of a good outcome from covid.  Might be worth investigating or asking your consultants about.

• Puke! 1
  • Keeemon 1

People have severe side effects to all types of medication so I'm not necessarily alarmed.

Yes it's very unfortunate, but what it worse is the lack of information around this, I appreciate it can be scene as scaremongering but you build trust in medicine by having factual details and then being able to have informed consent. The information was available but not shared.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-vaccines-ema-idCNL4N2PI3BS

My daughter currently has covid, thankfully she is absolutely fine and I don't under estimate the devastation it has caused, but i strongly  believe people should be able to have conversations openly without the extreme views from either side. 

And my information on virology is limited but isn't it common for mutants of viruses to become weaker with each variation? 

• Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

I'm not a medical expert but I have been listening to many who are and there are many recommended taking NAC in order to help lung and kidney function, it's something I have added in to my regimine of suppliments to try and give me as high a chance as possible of a good outcome from covid.  Might be worth investigating or asking your consultants about.

I'll check it out. I'm not able to take additional supplements at the minute because I am still having ongoing iron infusions. But I'll definitely ask about it. Thanks! 

• Keeemon 2

On average i speak to approximately 500 different people every week. Not one person has even mentioned covid to me in months. I have both jabs so as far as I'm concerned that's me done. I'm not wearing masks in shops. Don't know about anyone else but I've had enough of covid. It's time to carry on and be done with it. Might sound harsh but there's no plan b so may as well get back to normal which tbh i did a long time ago.

• Keeemon 1

49 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Ffs sake mate that's just ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

People have severe side effects to all types of medication so I'm not necessarily alarmed.

Yes it's very unfortunate, but what it worse is the lack of information around this, I appreciate it can be scene as scaremongering but you build trust in medicine by having factual details and then being able to have informed consent. The information was available but not shared.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-vaccines-ema-idCNL4N2PI3BS

My daughter currently has covid, thankfully she is absolutely fine and I don't under estimate the devastation it has caused, but i strongly  believe people should be able to have conversations openly without the extreme views from either side. 

And my information on virology is limited but isn't it common for mutants of viruses to become weaker with each variation? 

Most viruses are just trying to survive so normally they get far more contagious but are less damaging to their hosts as they mutate.

I also feel there is very little information being given not only on the vaccines but also on  long covid.

Quick story. I was in the bookies the other day and woman says " where's your mask " i said " same place it's been for months in the bin ". So she says well you'll have to leave after this race you have bet on. Then fuck me she comes from behind the counter walks into the main part of the shop and empties the fobt's without a mask on. Not that i gave a shit but i thought what a fuckin hypocrit.

• Keeemon 1

16 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

Quick story. I was in the bookies the other day and woman says " where's your mask " i said " same place it's been for months in the bin ". So she says well you'll have to leave after this race you have bet on. Then fuck me she comes from behind the counter walks into the main part of the shop and empties the fobt's without a mask on. Not that i gave a shit but i thought what a fuckin hypocrit.

In Ireland you are not allowed into any shop without a mask and that has not been removed at all this year.

We are now looking a table service in pubs again with max 6 at a table with 1m minimum between them all night clubs closed again having only opened on 22nd October.

You also need a covid cert to enter a pub hotel  and now even a gym

Edited by philinvicta
  • Agree 2