Family Win £3.75m & Continue To Claim Benefits

MrUKHackz

17 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

There seems to be this perception in society that everyone in benefits is a scrounging bum and living the high life, it’s not the case. Myself worked since leaving school even had my own business and now I’m on benefits I can categorically say I’ve never struggled so bad to even put food on the table some days no heating it’s not even funny, And there are thousands more people in the same situation wether they are at work or not.

Would I class myself as a scrounging bum? No but unfortunately I find myself in this situation and trust me it can happen to any 1 of you, let’s just hope it don’t.

It's because that's the perception that has been pushed down people's throat.

A family on benefits receiving the money for the right reasons doesn't make a good story or documentary does it

• Keeemon 1

6 minutes ago, david1111 said:

It's because that's the perception that has been pushed down people's throat.

A family on benefits receiving the money for the right reasons doesn't make a good story or documentary does it

I also believe people that live in the benefits system  get to know their rights and know what they are entitled too.   The benefits office do not tell you you can claim extra.  Look how often they make announcements that people are not claiming what they are entitled too.

If you come in from outside after working for most of your life you tend to accept it when they tell you you cannot have anything  but you really need to make sure with Citizens Advice or someone who really knows the system.

I even saw a piece on a thalidomide victim who had to go and be assessed every three months ffs.   Like he said what do they expect to change

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

I also believe people that live in the benefits system  get to know their rights and know what they are entitled too.   The benefits office do not tell you you can claim extra.  Look how often they make announcements that people are not claiming what they are entitled too.

If you come in from outside after working for most of your life you tend to accept it when they tell you you cannot have anything  but you really need to make sure with Citizens Advice or someone who really knows the system.

I even saw a piece on a thalidomide victim who had to go and be assessed every three months ffs.   Like he said what do they expect to change

I've got a couple of examples where someone receives benefit and also works hard. It's just a supplement to income which is required so all good.

On the other hand I know someone who's claimed benefit all his life and plays the system like a fiddle.

He doesn't look for work as he would be worse off. That's where the system falls down big time. He's better off than me and does eff all

• Keeemon 1

26 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

There seems to be this perception in society that everyone in benefits is a scrounging bum and living the high life, it’s not the case. Myself worked since leaving school even had my own business and now I’m on benefits I can categorically say I’ve never struggled so bad to even put food on the table some days no heating it’s not even funny, And there are thousands more people in the same situation wether they are at work or not.

Would I class myself as a scrounging bum? No but unfortunately I find myself in this situation and trust me it can happen to any 1 of you, let’s just hope it don’t.

I get this completely now. In my drunken stupidity on sat walking up the high street i saw a lad and lass sat outside a shop homeless. I gave the lass some change when the guy says my name. I couldn't believe it was a lad i went to school with. He had 3 kids didn't do drugs or drink heavily just a set of unfortunate events had left him jobless and homeless. I couldn't believe how easy it could happen. I sat with him for 2 hours talking and gave him £50. Another guy i knew came for a chat and in the end offered him a place to stay. I was pissed and freezing so how he could handle been on the street i have no idea. You are completely right it can happen to anyone.

• Keeemon 2

I fucking hate shit like this. 30 years old, 8 kids and cant work. Waste of fucking oxygen, he should have to pay back everything he has claimed or the tax equivalent. 

I appreciate people need help but help should be given to those who legitimately need it, not those abusing the system. Too many girls where i used to live would have another kid to get a bigger house, more benefits etc and to not have to work. Such an example kids are growing up with.

Apologies for my bitterness and if i upset anyone. It just irks me that I work two jobs, my mrs works, we pay tax, have a mortgage etc. Weve got a little un now who has started nursery full time which costs about £1000 per month. I think we are trying to do things the right way but there certainly isnt a lot left after everything has been paid for. We get £20 a week in child benefit, thats all we are entitled to. However if we sold the house and worked the system we would be way better off, the mrs wouldn't have to work and she could spend all day with the little un. So i see scrotes like these and i think fuck em, they should have to put something back. I dont begrudge the win but there is a lot i do not like about it all.

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

The benefit system is nothing of the sort. It is a means tested mechanism to deny money ,whilst keeping you running through hoops to meet ridiculous conditions whilst making sure that you can't afford to comply. It is heartless and divisive , cruel and barbaric and should be replaced unilaterally with a social grant that ensures all who have paid in are first in the queue for housing and benefits linked to contribution.  I am disgusted that people who have never contributed can arrive and be spooned  huge benefits over many decades without any form of contribution, whilst the indigenous population are struggling to feed and house people day in day out.  The system is lunacy and skewed in favour of those who care little for democracy or equality. 

• Keeemon 5

5 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

I fucking hate shit like this. 30 years old, 8 kids and cant work. Waste of fucking oxygen, he should have to pay back everything he has claimed or the tax equivalent. 

I appreciate people need help but help should be given to those who legitimately need it, not those abusing the system. Too many girls where i used to live would have another kid to get a bigger house, more benefits etc and to not have to work. Such an example kids are growing up with.

Apologies for my bitterness and if i upset anyone. It just irks me that I work two jobs, my mrs works, we pay tax, have a mortgage etc. Weve got a little un now who has started nursery full time which costs about £1000 per month. I think we are trying to do things the right way but there certainly isnt a lot left after everything has been paid for. We get £20 a week in child benefit, thats all we are entitled to. However if we sold the house and worked the system we would be way better off, the mrs wouldn't have to work and she could spend all day with the little un. So i see scrotes like these and i think fuck em, they should have to put something back. I dont begrudge the win but there is a lot i do not like about it all.

Years ago i took a guy on at work £350 per week top line. He was brilliant at the job right from the off. At the end of the week he quit and said to me he was better off on the dole with his missus and 3 kids as he cleared £280 tax free. 

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

Years ago i took a guy on at work £350 per week top line. He was brilliant at the job right from the off. At the end of the week he quit and said to me he was better off on the dole with his missus and 3 kids as he cleared £280 tax free. 

It's saddening because surely you'd still work even if you were a bit worse off, have that bit of pride in yourself. 

I get some people really need the help and that's cool. I just think ive been exposed more to the other side of it. There are so so many different discussions that could be had as to the damage this attitude will have on society. 

• Keeemon 1

1 minute ago, Kev40 said:

When I worked at a large Steel Mill I often used to get guys start  who had kids but were not with the mothers. the mothers would be claiming benefit and after a while the Social Welfare  would find out they had started working there and they would be hit with such a high amount from their wages they would just up and leave as it was not worth their while working as they could not live on what was left

2 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

It's saddening because surely you'd still work even if you were a bit worse off, have that bit of pride in yourself. 

I get some people really need the help and that's cool. I just think ive been exposed more to the other side of it. There are so so many different discussions that could be had as to the damage this attitude will have on society. 

The point is after a while you realise that trying to have that bit of pride does you no good as you just get screwed over by the system.   As Kev says some people are better off not working look how many people had their benefits slashed  under the new system  to maximise the amount they could claim.   They were still getting amounts after tax that most workers could only dream of taking home

• Keeemon 1

8 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Yeah and if you work you have a chance to better yourself to earn more money 

What's the alternative, sit at home and watch judge rinder and Martin Lewis giving you more tips on how to play the system

Edited by david1111

4 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

When I worked at a large Steel Mill I often used to get guys start  who had kids but were not with the mothers. the mothers would be claiming benefit and after a while the Social Welfare  would find out they had started working there and they would be hit with such a high amount from their wages they would just up and leave as it was not worth their while working as they could not live on what was left

I'm not surprised or shocked by that. I'm not tarnishing everyone with the same brush either. There are many genuine people out there some disabled some just unfortunate who just could do with a break in life. What does piss me off though is my next door neighbour who hasn't done a days work since i lived here in 16 years pretends to need a walking stick yet he works on his car and goes up and down ladders. Not to mention the 2 nice cars and fucks off on holidays. 

• Keeemon 1

22 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

The point is after a while you realise that trying to have that bit of pride does you no good as you just get screwed over by the system.   As Kev says some people are better off not working look how many people had their benefits slashed  under the new system  to maximise the amount they could claim.   They were still getting amounts after tax that most workers could only dream of taking home

And that's where it all falls over, it's too easy. I understand that it's the system that's flawed and enables situations. Personally i couldnt use the system even if it means im better off if i could work, would my little girl have more right now? Possibly. But what am i teaching her? Is she going to grow up thinking its ok to live with that attitude. 

• Puke! 1