The Reality of Fixed Odds Betting Terminals FOBT

MrUKHackz

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2022 at 21:29, PieGamble said:

It honestly blows my mind that the bookies were limited to a £2 max stake and managed to come up with a product / feature that is infinitely more problem gambling inducing then the thing it replaced.

Speaking from my own experiences - fortune spins or those type of gambles catapulted me to the moon in terms of tilt. I think it's the fact you feel so cheated chasing something which is meant to cost around 10 x your stake and £100 later in a very short space of time you have nothing - not even a spin. Couple that with the constant near miss (basically almost every spin or every other spin) and you can see why.

The bookies have essentially made FOBTs  very high volatility coupled with lower percentages and increased game speed. Their strategy is to simply turn you around in the shortest time possible because that is how they can maximise their profits.

I feel sorry for those problem gamblers because for the reasons above I think they have it worse than ever and it's only going to get worse. Perhaps the saving grace is these things are so fucking awful that the average person cannot realistically play one and 'have fun' thus hopefully closing the door on the next breed of problem gamblers in the making.

Writing here today because someone shared an article about some tragic gambling story and wondered if it was being discussed and this thread caught my eye.

Peace and love TGC

One of the finest posts on this site I've ever read 

Full respect to you