Please help

Pepperc63

Hey, I was in exactly the same situation and decided to quit just 2 weeks ago, I haven't gambled online since November but the bookies was always an issue for me.

The only way I broke the habit was by speaking to a really close friend about it, and since then I feel like my life has turned around almost completely.  He has helped me get out of debt completely and I have taken on a really intensive gym programme for 16 weeks to kick it.

Ironically, I used to drive to the gym and park up (it was free for members to park there) and go to the bookies, now I actually go to the gym and have completely thrown myself into it, working out and eating better - it's helped me mentally no end, I am a couple of kilos down, 3cm off my gut and thousands of pounds better off already. I feel like part of 'normal' society again, not someone that was constantly hiding a nasty habit/secret.

Boredom was the kicker for me, just find something that you can really focus on and please tell someone, I can't tell you how many times I told myself i can do it on my own but you can't, be accountable to someone and if you truly don't want to let them down you'll stop going in there.

Best of luck bud

• Like 1
  • Keeemon 2

On 22/09/2019 at 23:31, Chair Slots said:

Remarkable advice right there.

I was trying to really enforce the point, hard to get across without saying just that =/

I think even if you are really addicted, you can physically not go to the bookies. You just have to do that for 1 week, take small steps and break the rythmn. 

It's easy to go into the bookies and think "ill just spend a tenner and put a few bets on" then be hundreds down after 10 mins on the fobts. 

Just physically don't go in for one week, work out how much you would have lost if you had gone in, and how you would of paid that with your existing debts. Just a general bit of advice along with jess's 5 second cake rule.

Think it's easy for gambling to put the blinkers on people before and during the moment