Matchbook

david1111

I joined Matchbook a few months ago as I wanted to try the exchanges again and don't have access to betfair or betdaq. 

I was a bit sceptical at first but hackz kindly checked them out for me and found no issues. 

On first withdrawal, kyc docs requested. I sent them in and was advised could take up to 72 hours which was a bit long, but actually processed and accepted within 24 hours so no complaints there. 

On withdrawal, money back to card within 2 days so also very happy with that. 

Liquidity also seems very good. Early days but all in all no complaints at all. 

Ps. No link and I don't work for them! 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Denman said:

Never used them so much as they look pretty bad as far as liquidity goes? 

I found the liquidity to be ok to be honest, but then again not massive bets.

Also, i dont have access to betfair or betdaq so its them or none

Edited by david1111

Guest centipede

I think I mentioned matchbook to you back then. The thing with exchanges rather than bookies,  they want to keep you happy as the more you gamble on the exchange the more they make, they make money on the volune of bets rather than the individual bets. So it wouldnt make sense to for an exchange site to screw you over on withdrawals or anything. 

With a bookie if you make money, you are withdrawing money that you have taken off the bookmaker that the bookmaker has lost to you. With exchanges you are withdrawing money that you have made off of someone else using tge exchange and matvhbook have taken their cut, so they have no real vested interest in your money

11 minutes ago, centipede said:

I think I mentioned matchbook to you back then. The thing with exchanges rather than bookies,  they want to keep you happy as the more you gamble on the exchange the more they make, they make money on the volune of bets rather than the individual bets. So it wouldnt make sense to for an exchange site to screw you over on withdrawals or anything. 

With a bookie if you make money, you are withdrawing money that you have taken off the bookmaker that the bookmaker has lost to you. With exchanges you are withdrawing money that you have made off of someone else using tge exchange and matvhbook have taken their cut, so they have no real vested interest in your money

Yeah , absolutely.

I guess exchanges are essential to people such as Denman where if he gets a big hit there is no chance of having your account restricted which you probably would with a normal bookie

7 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Yeah , absolutely.

I guess exchanges are essential to people such as Denman where if he gets a big hit there is no chance of having your account restricted which you probably would with a normal bookie

Betfair is the only exchange I can use to any great extent. It is not that good though as there is rarely much liquidity on larger price horses unless its a big race. Starsports (telephone account) is my most used bookie. They are the company I have refered to several times in stories and posts. 

Just now, david1111 said:

No, i remember when i did use them.

I made a withdrawal which was split into 3 or 4 amounts to make up the total.

They were quite new at the time, but seemed a bit strange 

That is strange. I haven't had a problem with them with deposits or withdrawals. I don't use their facilities often however and probably wouldnt even bother trying to bet over £100 on a decent price on their site.