Overview Of Undead Fortune
Hacksaw Gaming’s latest release Undead Fortune is based in ancient Egypt in a tomb raiding adventure with zombies, monsters, snakes, two bonus features and all the potential you could wish for so lets take a look and see if it’s as good as it sounds.
Undead Fortune is a 5 reel, 4 row slot with 10 Paylines and 2 Bonus Features. The game has features such as Walking duels, Expanding Duel Reels, The Curse bonus round, and The Tomb bonus round. The below is based on Left to Right and Top to Bottom with the image attached.
- Walking Duels – Land Walk Vs Scatters to activate Walking Duels. Multiple Walk Vs symbols can land simultaneously and are always Wild and have a multiplier at the top. If the Monster is defeated the multiplier is added to the whole duel, if there are more than 1 Duel Reel the multipliers are added together before awarding the corresponding win. The possible Multipliers are 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 150x and 200x.
- Expanding DuelReels – Land the green Expand VS Scatter symbol on reels 2, 3, 4 or 5 to activate expanding duels. Only 1 Expand VS symbol can land at a time. Activated Expanding duels are always wild and have a multiplier value at the top. If the monster is defeated, the multiplier at the top is saved and the expanding duel then grows 1 reel to the left if there is space and triggers a new duel with a new monster and the process repeats. The multiplier is then added together, this can happen a maximum of 5 times and fill the screen with a giant wild plus a multiplier! The multipliers available are 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x, 10x, 15x, 20x, 25x, 50x, 100x, 150x and 200x.
- The Curse – Landing 3 Curse symbols triggers The Curse bonus round which awards 10 Free Spins with a higher chance of landing both Walk Vs and Expand Vs symbols.
- The Tomb – Landing 3 Tomb symbols activates The Tomb bonus round. This bonus has special locking reels with a multiplier above each reel. The bonus ends when all 5 reels are locked simultaneously, reels 1 and 5 start locked. At the end of the bonus all 5 multipliers are added together the same as in Chaos Crew.
- Tomb Versus – Landing a Tomb Vs symbol reveals a monster with a multiplier, if the monster is defeated the multiplier is added to the top of the reel, if the monster isn’t defeated the multiplier is not awarded and the reel is locked.
- Epic Versus – Landing an Epic Vs symbol reveals a monster with either a multiplier that can now also be multiplying to the collected value or added the same as the Tomb Vs. The Multiplying values are between x2, x3, x4, x5, x10, x15 or x20.
- Unlock Symbol – Locked Reels can be unlocked by landing 4 of these Unlock Symbols on any locked reel.
- Golden Unlock Scatter – Landing the Golden Unlock symbol on any unlocked reel will unlock all locked reels at once!
Upon landing 3 Curse Scatters the game launches into the Free Spin mode where you start with 10 spins. The various Vs symbols serve to make it a thrilling bonus with huge volatility.
The Tomb Bonus depicted below went for 722x stake and as you can see it has that Chaos Crew vibe going on with the multipliers at the top of each reel.
Undead Fortune Paytable
The paytable in Undead Fortune is dynamic and changes with your stake, the example below is set to £/€1 per spin. We start with the 10’s and J’s both paying 1x stake for a full line, next we have the Q’s and K’s paying 1.20x and the A’s pay 1.50x.
Moving on to the premium symbols we have the Mummy and the Blue Dog both paying 4x stake for a full line of 5, the Green Skeleton pays 6x, the Purple Dog Monster pays 8x and the top symbol of the Gold Bird Monster and the Wild symbol both pay 10x stake respectively.
Final Thoughts On Undead Fortune
Undead Fortune has an RTP of 96.29%, the volatility is rated 8 out of 10 High and the maximum win is 10,000x stake.
The game although incredibly volatile in itself really impressed me, the zombie graphics coupled with the neon accents work really well and its definitely in the eye candy league of slots when it gets going. The mechanics are like a mix of Chaos Crew and Dead Or A Wild which happen to be two of my favourite games which may be why I was impressed so much even with the brutal bonuses in amongst the stunning ones!
Overall Undead Fortune is a testament to Hacksaw Gaming’s innovative game mechanics and shows that they are trying to raise the bar as they release new titles and not just re-skin old titles for an easy life, would I play this again? You betcha!
As always thanks for reading and if you fancy digging up some tombs there’s a link below to a TGC trusted casino.