💰Not a win but still a good one

crazyrightmeow

39 minutes ago, david1111 said:

Nice @crazyrightmeow

At least you get value for your money with poker expecially if you go deep into a tourney such as this one.

Were you close to winning it, ie unlucky or badbeat

Last hand I had 2 pairs on a turn where I pushed and the guy called with AJ top pair top kicker and hit the Ace on the river. But yes, I agree 100% with you.

30 minutes ago, Blacko said:

@crazyrightmeow What did 1st place pay hardman?

840 :TornFiver:😂

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

Last hand I had 2 pairs on a turn where I pushed and the guy called with AJ top pair top kicker and hit the Ace on the river. But yes, I agree 100% with you.

840 :TornFiver:😂

Nice win hardman but u ain’t no Paul Jux Bob Holness. Ole Rolla can’t come back on here till he’s saved enough torn fivers to pay all these angry comp winners lurking in the background. Need to get @Bangers onto it.

B06F3483-2DB4-46B7-B153-0A407648C0C4.jpeg

• Love 1

43 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

you must have dodged a huge number of bullets to reach the final table . I played on Pokerstars for years but left when Ludicrous badbeats kept knocking me out at crucial stages of a tournament . 

One day I will play again .......... no doubt .

So well done . 

Same reason I stopped playing there. The bad beats were to much too take for me.

It just felt rigged

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

you must have dodged a huge number of bullets to reach the final table . I played on Pokerstars for years but left when Ludicrous badbeats kept knocking me out at crucial stages of a tournament . 

One day I will play again .......... no doubt .

So well done . 

Not really. I try to avoid preflop allins for big stacks so I choose my spots wisely and play as much post flop as I can. I was lucky that my two huge bluffs came through before the final table and on the final table, other than that I was cruising more or less. You have to be lucky to go deep in the tourneys in some way thats for sure. Thanks mate.

1 hour ago, Jok3st3r said:

@crazyrightmeow  nice, congrats. Sounds like you were very unlucky not to nab that 1st place.

Thank you. You are lucky in some spots and unlucky in others you cant do really anything about it. 😁

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

Same reason I stopped playing there. The bad beats were to much too take for me.

It just felt rigged

It is like that on every poker site and in live poker mate. I played over 40k tournaments and 5 million cash game hands online and a some in live poker as well and It is all the same everywhere.

You have to grind tournaments if you want to make money or be extremely lucky to win some quick. It looks like you are constantly getting bad beats if you play 20-50 tournaments a month but when you play thousands a month you see that it goes both ways. At my peek when I grinded 180man tourneyS(when they were still played a lot on stars) + all the other multies I played 100+ tourneys a day and you see it all. You win hands when you are behind and lose when you are in front and see all kinds of set ups. You can have a bad run that lasts months or you can win few of them in the same week/day. It is very volatile to play tournaments and you usually need a huge bankroll. You can lose 200 buyins over period and then be in first 3 spots in one tourney and make a profit. I remember an insane session when I was playing 4 final tables at the same time, good times. But I also had backing back then and a coach so I was really all in and learning every day and not just playing. People dont understand how many small mistakes they are making that make a huge difference if you play poker a lot and just think they are unlucky as well.

• Keeemon 4

Lovely score mate. I keep wanting to play poker again but it's better I stay on gamstop than risk it.

Do you find the standard of play any different to when you first started? Poker theory and discussion etc is so much more accessible these days, just watching some of the streamers must help people to a degree. When i look at the way people played say 15 years ago it really would be easy to make money playing how I do/did now.

1 hour ago, bigbucks1983 said:

Lovely score mate. I keep wanting to play poker again but it's better I stay on gamstop than risk it.

Do you find the standard of play any different to when you first started? Poker theory and discussion etc is so much more accessible these days, just watching some of the streamers must help people to a degree. When i look at the way people played say 15 years ago it really would be easy to make money playing how I do/did now.

Thanks mate.

Tournaments are still more or less the same since covid mate. A ton of bad players. If you look at cash games they are a lot harder than years ago, a lot. You could print money before the coaching sites and all like you said. Even I was too late if you started in the mid 2000s you would play ABC poker on high stakes and print money like nothing, I know few people that did that and they are still living nice because of it. Yea since there are slots on every poker site this days better you stay away imo.