Love chicken curry

Solario333

14 hours ago, Chrissy_M said:

Yummmmm 😋 I love a curry 🥘 

Could you send me your recipe please x

I cook instinctively and have never used a recipe .  my curries are tried and tested over 40 years of practice... However here is a rough idea of how the above curry was made ......

for 6 people ...

1. take a large wok/ deep frying pan and pour a decent amount of oil/ coconut  or sunflower or ghee . 

add 4 cloves, 6 green cardamon, 5 peppercorns , 1 tsp salt, cinnamon bark 2 inches , 5 star anise, 1tsp fenugreek  1 tsp mustard seed . heat oil 2 mins and then set aside so the spices are absorbed and energised . 

2. one large Spanish onion , or three small onions, 5 cloves garlic , 2 inches root ginger chopped into a jug of water 1 1/2 pints and blend until smooth. 

3. four large chicken breasts / or same of thigh .  cut into chunks and set aside . 

4. 1 pepper of choice , 8 mushrooms , 5/8 birds eye chillies chopped with seeds ,  and / or 1 large scotch bonnet chilli chopped with seeds ,  fry in a separate pan and set aside . (if you want medium just use the 5 birdseye chillies). 

5. reheat the oil with the spices and add the smooth paste , then bring to simmer , adding all the chicken , 3 tablespoons of tomato paste ,1 tsp turmeric,  1 tsp of ground cumin, 1 tsps of tandoori spice mix , 1 tsp garam masala. add one pint of water . 

6. now your curry is beginning to look like a curry. and is very watery , so keep it simmering until chicken is cooked then add the mushrooms , pepper and chillies . it will need to reduce for 20 mins until the liquid is thicker and makes a sauce .  once cooked remove star anise, then leave it for an hour so that the chilli can infuse the sauce , and serve  with basmati rice and /or chapati /roti . add fresh coriander and serve . 

bon appétit.

I still have 70% of yesterdays curry left and will add potatoes and black onion seed, coconut milk,  to the curry for another meal on Wednesday as I have guests .  Spinach , is also good to add .   

Edited by Solario333
  • Good Luck! 1
  • Keeemon 3

39 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

I never use a recipe… then proceeds to give recipe 😂😂😂

This is merely my memory of how it was made .... it will be different every time as I vary the ingredients , even if the method is similar .  But feel free to use it as a recipe.......its all in my head .

Edited by Solario333
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

This is merely my memory of how it was made .... it will be different every time as I vary the ingredients , even if the method is similar .  But feel free to use it as a recipe.......its all in my head .

I’m doing a soup today. Same concept, no recipe just all the shit in the fridge that’s not being used and cover with stock. With the cost of living up I’d recommend everyone do the same with the old bits from the Sunday roast 

• Keeemon 1

30 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

I’m doing a soup today. Same concept, no recipe just all the shit in the fridge that’s not being used and cover with stock. With the cost of living up I’d recommend everyone do the same with the old bits from the Sunday roast 

Aye that’s alright for you Rockefeller, the shit in your fridge probably ranges from fillet steak to Lobster tails. All that’s in my fridge is a flat tin of Tennents lager and 3 laughing cow triangles.

• Love 5

5 hours ago, Solario333 said:

I cook instinctively and have never used a recipe .  my curries are tried and tested over 40 years of practice... However here is a rough idea of how the above curry was made ......

for 6 people ...

1. take a large wok/ deep frying pan and pour a decent amount of oil/ coconut  or sunflower or ghee . 

add 4 cloves, 6 green cardamon, 5 peppercorns , 1 tsp salt, cinnamon bark 2 inches , 5 star anise, 1tsp fenugreek  1 tsp mustard seed . heat oil 2 mins and then set aside so the spices are absorbed and energised . 

2. one large Spanish onion , or three small onions, 5 cloves garlic , 2 inches root ginger chopped into a jug of water 1 1/2 pints and blend until smooth. 

3. four large chicken breasts / or same of thigh .  cut into chunks and set aside . 

4. 1 pepper of choice , 8 mushrooms , 5/8 birds eye chillies chopped with seeds ,  and / or 1 large scotch bonnet chilli chopped with seeds ,  fry in a separate pan and set aside . (if you want medium just use the 5 birdseye chillies). 

5. reheat the oil with the spices and add the smooth paste , then bring to simmer , adding all the chicken , 3 tablespoons of tomato paste ,1 tsp turmeric,  1 tsp of ground cumin, 1 tsps of tandoori spice mix , 1 tsp garam masala. add one pint of water . 

6. now your curry is beginning to look like a curry. and is very watery , so keep it simmering until chicken is cooked then add the mushrooms , pepper and chillies . it will need to reduce for 20 mins until the liquid is thicker and makes a sauce .  once cooked remove star anise, then leave it for an hour so that the chilli can infuse the sauce , and serve  with basmati rice and /or chapati /roti . add fresh coriander and serve . 

bon appétit.

I still have 70% of yesterdays curry left and will add potatoes and black onion seed, coconut milk,  to the curry for another meal on Wednesday as I have guests .  Spinach , is also good to add .   

Thank you @Solario333

I'll have a go and report how it goes 😳 xx

• Puke! 1