TORYS OUT!!

Blacko

What a fucking state this party has got the country into, a suicidal mini budget which has left the Bank of England scrambling around buying debt before the Pound ends up worthless , banks refusing to offer mortgages to clients, people roaming woods foraging for wood to heat their homes, more and more food banks opening daily. They get rid of Johnson and replace him with a woman who could start a fight in an empty room. Just keep borrowing money and rewarding these wealthy wankers you shower of snooty bastards, we will be taking our wheelbarrows filled with torn fivers to buy a loaf in no time.

Edited by Blacko
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Blacko said:

What a fucking state this party has got the country into, a suicidal mini budget which has left the Bank of England scrambling around buying debt before the Pound ends up worthless , banks refusing to offer mortgages to clients, people roaming woods foraging for wood to heat their homes, more and more food banks opening daily. They get rid of Johnson and replace him with a woman who could start a fight in an empty room. Just keep borrowing money and rewarding these wealthy wankers you shower of snooty bastards, we will be taking our wheelbarrows filled with torn fivers to buy a loaf in no time.

I saw a piece on Bloomberg where they said that all the pensioners who followed "sound advice" to put their pension funds in to guilts to protect the funds before you retire had lost  around 30 per cent of their funds so far this year  this would have been done automatically for anyone who does not manage their own pension fund.  It said that UK pension funds had lost around a trillion pounds  so far this year.. Because of likely much higher interest rates being required  and mortgages being withdrawn  that their likely other major asset of their house was also likely to fall in value.

Another thing I saw was despite the tax reduction  somebody with a mortgage of 250k  coming off a low fixed rate could see interest rates going up over 6%  early next year meaning a  huge increase in their mortgage payments  far higher than any tax reduction they were going to get.

Here in Ireland there was a budget yesterday and it was a huge hand out to people including  double benefit weeks  electricity credits and tax rebates,  The difference was this was coming from a position of surplus.  It has also been decided that Ireland will not go to the markets in the 4th Qtr to sell bonds as thanks to a surplus  and not the predicted deficit  they have current needs covered. The UK is going to have to borrow money to fund its deficit  and due to Kwarteng  the rates are going to be huge.

I could not believe it when Kwarteng last week said he did not care if the markets liked his budget  and were falling . Where did he think he was going to have to go to get the money to fund his budget deficits,  I saw a Cambridge economist professor  say she totally disagreed with his budget and she  was embarrassed to think he got his degree there.

The Bank Of England had to step in today as many pension funds were being forced to liquidate assets at big losses  due to regulations thus pushing Gilts (Government Bonds)  even lower and thus the interest rate higher.

I cannot believe that such a cock up could be so easily achieved   and no doubt  stories will eventually come from the treasury saying he would just not listen to advice and was determined to carry on with his plan.

Another piece said that if it was not controlled then even things like the NHS  were  in danger of failing.

I saw that he said that the abolishing of the 45% tax rate brought the UK into line  with Ireland which is mad because we have a marginal top rate of 52%  on high earners.(Tax 40%  PRSI(national insurance)  4%  and a Universal Social Charge 8%).   Also Social Security   and supports  as well as Pensions are far higher in Ireland and he seems determined  to reduce the UK support for those poorer in society.  It is just wrong that it is up to the population  to set up supports such as food banks just so people can feed their families and the government do not see fit to step in and make sure people can survive.    Many of the people using these places are working as well  which is madness.

No wonder Labour have such a large lead in the Polls.

• Agree 1
  • Keeemon 2

18 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I saw a piece on Bloomberg where they said that all the pensioners who followed "sound advice" to put their pension funds in to guilts to protect the funds before you retire had lost  around 30 per cent of their funds so far this year  this would have been done automatically for anyone who does not manage their own pension fund.  It said that UK pension funds had lost around a trillion pounds  so far this year.. Because of likely much higher interest rates being required  and mortgages being withdrawn  that their likely other major asset of their house was also likely to fall in value.

Another thing I saw was despite the tax reduction  somebody with a mortgage of 250k  coming off a low fixed rate could see interest rates going up over 6%  early next year meaning a  huge increase in their mortgage payments  far higher than any tax reduction they were going to get.

Here in Ireland there was a budget yesterday and it was a huge hand out to people including  double benefit weeks  electricity credits and tax rebates,  The difference was this was coming from a position of surplus.  It has also been decided that Ireland will not go to the markets in the 4th Qtr to sell bonds as thanks to a surplus  and not the predicted deficit  they have current needs covered. The UK is going to have to borrow money to fund its deficit  and due to Kwarteng  the rates are going to be huge.

I could not believe it when Kwarteng last week said he did not care if the markets liked his budget  and were falling . Where did he think he was going to have to go to get the money to fund his budget deficits,  I saw a Cambridge economist professor  say she totally disagreed with his budget and she  was embarrassed to think he got his degree there.

The Bank Of England had to step in today as many pension funds were being forced to liquidate assets at big losses  due to regulations thus pushing Gilts (Government Bonds)  even lower and thus the interest rate higher.

I cannot believe that such a cock up could be so easily achieved   and no doubt  stories will eventually come from the treasury saying he would just not listen to advice and was determined to carry on with his plan.

Another piece said that if it was not controlled then even things like the NHS  were  in danger of failing.

I saw that he said that the abolishing of the 45% tax rate brought the UK into line  with Ireland which is mad because we have a marginal top rate of 52%  on high earners.(Tax 40%  PRSI(national insurance)  4%  and a Universal Social Charge 8%).   Also Social Security   and supports  as well as Pensions are far higher in Ireland and he seems determined  to reduce the UK support for those poorer in society.  It is just wrong that it is up to the population  to set up supports such as food banks just so people can feed their families and the government do not see fit to step in and make sure people can survive.    Many of the people using these places are working as well  which is madness.

No wonder Labour have such a large lead in the Polls.

The reduction in income tax is baffling, he also hinted that he would reduce it again in the New Year. The average rate of income tax in Scotland is 21%, Sturgeon is now under pressure to follow suit and lower tax  as the high earners are threatening to walk, the SNP put up the Scottish tax rate to invest in public services.. it now seems Westminster once again are calling the tune.

5 minutes ago, Blacko said:

The reduction in income tax is baffling, he also hinted that he would reduce it again in the New Year. The average rate of income tax in Scotland is 21%, Sturgeon is now under pressure to follow suit and lower tax  as the high earners are threatening to walk, the SNP put up the Scottish tax rate to invest in public services.. it now seems Westminster once again are calling the tune.

Scotland also has huge deficits and she was relying on Westminster sending money North to bail her out.   People in Scotland are going to suffer with the higher interest rates as well

13 minutes ago, IndridCold said:

Labour/Tories,... two cheeks of the same butthole.

As the Joker said.... Its all part of the plan.

Your probably right there lad but when it comes down to people choosing between eating food or turning the heating on or families facing an extra £400 slapped onto their mortgage payments then it becomes a huge issue, revolution maybe. This government are taking massive gambles with our future, worrying to the point where the Bank of England have to take a stand whilst the IMF keep a close watch.

1 minute ago, philinvicta said:

Scotland also has huge deficits and she was relying on Westminster sending money North to bail her out.   People in Scotland are going to suffer with the higher interest rates as well

The deficits have went down a bit this year but remain at an astronomical level. The nationalists surreally think that these debts disappear if independence was achieved. The whole thing is fucked up. Labour left Cameron with fuck all in the treasury after Brown run us into the ground and it looks like history repeating itself when the Tories are voted out of power ( which they will )

I read the other day they are now setting up warm banks. Places for people to go to get warm. It actually broke my heart. 

The budget was an absolute joke and disgusted me. I honestly can't get my head around why they thought this would work.

I will always judge by how they treat the most vulnerable.

• Puke! 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

I read the other day they are now setting up warm banks. Places for people to go to get warm. It actually broke my heart. 

The budget was an absolute joke and disgusted me. I honestly can't get my head around why they thought this would work.

I heard the country has ran out of plant pots and t lights after taking auld @Solario333 advice on how to heat the home on a budget 😂😂😂

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Blacko said:

The deficits have went down a bit this year but remain at an astronomical level. The nationalists surreally think that these debts disappear if independence was achieved. The whole thing is fucked up. Labour left Cameron with fuck all in the treasury after Brown run us into the ground and it looks like history repeating itself when the Tories are voted out of power ( which they will )

The UK have had some terrible Chancellors in the last 60 years  and too many politicians who will spend  money to try and win votes instead of looking at the long term future of the country.

In 1976   Callaghan had to call in the IMF  I believe it was after his predecessor  another tory did a similar budget to last weeks one.   

Then we had Maggie who spent all of the North Sea Oil ( I am sure Labour would have done the same)  on tax cuts and no money into a  state fund like the Norwegians have done for future generations.  Also sold off all the state assets and shut down many industries

We had the Tories trying to prop up the value of the pound  versus deutschmark  at  an unrealistic value which again forced interest rates to high double figures  and in the end the market won and made billions  of which the taxpayer lost billions.

Gordon brown sold our gold reserves at lows and lost several billions ( ironically the Russians were big buyers of gold but where stupid enough to store it in New York )

Recent governments have run huge deficits ( Covid supports were needed but could have been better spent than big contracts to people who made money supplying goods not needed or not fit for purpose)  No attempts were made to reduce National debts which will now come home to roost  if interest rates have to stay high for any period of time as all of that debt will have to be  re financed at the much higher new rates leading to   huge finance costs which will reduce money for other things unless tax rises are brought in.

All of the central banks said inflation was just temporary due to higher energy and fuel  prices  as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine ( prices were going up for a while before this action took place in February).  They did not allow for the length of time this would go on  and expected it to disappear after a year  as price increases fell out after a year but did not allow for prices to keep rising and meaning businesses have to inflate the prices on goods  . We were told inflation would be back to 2 per cent  and so we would need no pay rises  but now we have inflation at 10 per cent ( as someone said how can central bankers get it wrong by 5x!)  we will many strikes and big wage claims in an attempt  to restore some spending power . This means inflation will stay in the system for even longer not to mention how high interest rates will have to go before inflation falls.

Plenty of people who thought they were doing ok and earn a higher level of income  and going to be hit hard as business profits fall  the country goes in to recession  and mortgage holders get hit hard in the same way as renters have been.

Those of us who remember the high double figure rates of the eighties remember how hard it can be to get inflation under control. We have had many years of low inflation  and interest rates and I hope we do not have to go through the miserable days of "The boys from the black stuff"   again.

18 minutes ago, kirsty0312 said:

In the  times past you when it was cold would often see the old folks sitting in shopping centres and coming into the bookies just to get a bit of warmth  and it is shocking that the government knows that people will find staying warm this winter so hard they have to allocate places people can go to stay warm

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Then we had Maggie who spent all of the North Sea Oil ( I am sure Labour would have done the same)  on tax cuts and no money into a  state fund like the Norwegians have done for future generations.  Also sold off all the state assets and shut down many industries

Scottish independence would have been a serious option if they decided to force a referendum in the 70s ( probably impossible at that time ), heartbreaking watching the wealth that Norway have amassed whilst we pissed it away considering both countries have drilled similar levels of oil.

4 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Gordon brown sold our gold reserves at lows and lost several billions ( ironically the Russians were big buyers of gold but where stupid enough to store it in New York )

Fucking completely idiotic decision made by an idiotic PM

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

All of the central banks said inflation was just temporary due to higher energy and fuel  prices  as a result of Russia's invasion of Ukraine ( prices were going up for a while before this action took place in February).  They did not allow for the length of time this would go on  and expected it to disappear after a year  as price increases fell out after a year but did not allow for prices to keep rising and meaning businesses have to inflate the prices on goods  . We were told inflation would be back to 2 per cent  and so we would need no pay rises  but now we have inflation at 10 per cent ( as someone said how can central bankers get it wrong by 5x!)  we will many strikes and big wage claims in an attempt  to restore some spending power . This means inflation will stay in the system for even longer not to mention how high interest rates will have to go before inflation falls.

A long list of strikes on the horizon, the recent strike by the refuse workers in Edinburgh during the height of the festival resulting in the streets filled with shit and rats is the beginning, we will end up like the French striking at the drop of a hat.

10 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Those of us who remember the high double figure rates of the eighties remember how hard it can be to get inflation under control. We have had many years of low inflation  and interest rates and I hope we do not have to go through the miserable days of "The boys from the black stuff"   again

Just old enough to remember but they were grim times " Geez a job " 

9 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

In the  times past you when it was cold would often see the old folks sitting in shopping centres and coming into the bookies just to get a bit of warmth  and it is shocking that the government knows that people will find staying warm this winter so hard they have to allocate places people can go to stay warm

These fuckers don't give two fucks about the auld folks sitting freezing cold, their all just statistics in these wankers eyes, the more elderly that die the less cash to pay as far as they are concerned. UK pensioners are treated abysmally compared to our European neighbours. 

2 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

Hahaha, I wish mate. Send me some of those torn fivers daddy Blacko. 😂

B6Mf.gif

You could always move to the UK and be as depressed as the rest of us hardman. There is an article that's been circulating in the British newspapers for a while now, it involves a young couple who took in a Ukranian blonde,.. long story short the bloke dumps the wife for the Ukranian sort, turns out the bird is stonewall fucking bananas and tried to kick the blokes door in after he gave her the elbow, I reckon the Russian invasion gave the Ukranians an excuse to fire this birds knickers straight out the country. Anyway this post has no fucking point but is still more interesting than those big slot win threads.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Blacko said:

These fuckers don't give two fucks about the auld folks sitting freezing cold, their all just statistics in these wankers eyes, the more elderly that die the less cash to pay as far as they are concerned. UK pensioners are treated abysmally compared to our European neighbours. 

In the UK  the state pension is 185 pounds per week and that is basically it  and they get cold weather allowance when  temps are below freezing for 7 days  (6 days you get nothing !) not sure what else they get.  I think there is some sort of energy credit being paid this year

Here in Ireland  it is 253 euros a week (due to go up 12 euro from 1st January)  anybody getting less than the state pension plus 120 euros a week ie 373 a week (due to go to 200 over state pension rate)  qualifies for a fuel allowance of 33 euros a week for a period of 28 weeks  (starts this week)  which you also get if on Social Welfare (only one person per household can claim) you also get 22 euros a week extra if you live alone  and their is a household benefits package of 35 a month against gas or electricity  ( everyone over 70 gets it plus people under the 373 amount)

This year as one offs there will be a double payment of pension around Halloween   and  nearly every year there is a xmas bonus of a double week paid in December 

Also people on Living Alone will get a 200 euro one off payment in November People on fuel allowance will also get a one off 400 euros in November.  Everybody with an account is also getting 3 x 200 euros electricity credits one before Christmas and two in early 2023.

I believe other European countries are better than the UK as well   it is not just about the basic pension but other supports as well to stop people suffering

• Keeemon 2

2 minutes ago, Blacko said:

You could always move to the UK and be as depressed as the rest of us hardman. There is an article that's been circulating in the British newspapers for a while now, it involves a young couple who took in a Ukranian blonde,.. long story short the bloke dumps the wife for the Ukranian sort, turns out the bird is stonewall fucking bananas and tried to kick the blokes door in after he gave her the elbow, I reckon the Russian invasion gave the Ukranians an excuse to fire this birds knickers straight out the country. Anyway this post has no fucking point but is still more interesting than those big slot win threads.

Its the same here and its going to be even worse for the whole EU.
I saw that article im pretty sure. Thank god we got that information my man, a lot better than showing us all the real stuff about where our money goes and who is bigger corrupt fucker on the top of the chain.
The world is rigged, everyone on the top is corrupt and we are all fucked. Simple as that.
Ooof I would love to be able to post a big win. Sadly I am getting fucked raw every single session I play. Never in my life I ran so badly on slots. I thought I run bad before and now its impossible to win a torn fucking fiver. Meanwhile we have few of the GOD like runners on the forum who cant lose it looks like. 😂

6 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

In the UK  the state pension is 185 pounds per week and that is basically it  and they get cold weather allowance when  temps are below freezing for 7 days  (6 days you get nothing !) not sure what else they get.  I think there is some sort of energy credit being paid this year

Here in Ireland  it is 253 euros a week (due to go up 12 euro from 1st January)  anybody getting less than the state pension plus 120 euros a week ie 373 a week (due to go to 200 over state pension rate)  qualifies for a fuel allowance of 33 euros a week for a period of 28 weeks  (starts this week)  which you also get if on Social Welfare (only one person per household can claim) you also get 22 euros a week extra if you live alone  and their is a household benefits package of 35 a month against gas or electricity  ( everyone over 70 gets it plus people under the 373 amount)

This year as one offs there will be a double payment of pension around Halloween   and  nearly every year there is a xmas bonus of a double week paid in December 

Also people on Living Alone will get a 200 euro one off payment in November People on fuel allowance will also get a one off 400 euros in November.  Everybody with an account is also getting 3 x 200 euros electricity credits one before Christmas and two in early 2023.

I believe other European countries are better than the UK as well   it is not just about the basic pension but other supports as well to stop people suffering

Not all EU country mate. Most of them have even worse situation it looks like. Here the lowest pension is less than 600€ a month. Many of them are starving if they live alone and dont have anyone to help them and now in the winter it will be even worse. They will also give a one time payment of €200 to all unemployed and pensioners next month. Its pretty sad how they dont give a fuck about old people or people in general to be fair. Meanwhile they send aid and support to Ukraine and other places while our own people are suffering.

1 minute ago, crazyrightmeow said:

Its the same here and its going to be even worse for the whole EU.
I saw that article im pretty sure. Thank god we got that information my man, a lot better than showing us all the real stuff about where our money goes and who is bigger corrupt fucker on the top of the chain.
The world is rigged, everyone on the top is corrupt and we are all fucked. Simple as that.
Ooof I would love to be able to post a big win. Sadly I am getting fucked raw every single session I play. Never in my life I ran so badly on slots. I thought I run bad before and now its impossible to win a torn fucking fiver. Meanwhile we have few of the GOD like runners on the forum who cant lose it looks like. 😂

It's all nonsense hardman, I could hit a 5k slot win but I wouldn't brag about it as it would be nowhere near the amount I have lost to get it, I posted the lucky Halloween win as it was such a rare screenshot. You're a clever guyr Bro so you know can determine fact from fiction in your intelligent mind.

• Keeemon 1

31 minutes ago, Blacko said:

It's all nonsense hardman, I could hit a 5k slot win but I wouldn't brag about it as it would be nowhere near the amount I have lost to get it, I posted the lucky Halloween win as it was such a rare screenshot. You're a clever guyr Bro so you know can determine fact from fiction in your intelligent mind.

I get it mate. I know they are probably losing a lot in between but at least they get those big hits as well, I dont. 😂
Anyways, fuck it. It is what it is, what else can you expect from playing slots.

Everything is going to shit on this planet anyway. Time to just focus on yourself and get better with health, fitness, life in general.

24 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

Not all EU country mate. Most of them have even worse situation it looks like. Here the lowest pension is less than 600€ a month. Many of them are starving if they live alone and dont have anyone to help them and now in the winter it will be even worse. They will also give a one time payment of €200 to all unemployed and pensioners next month. Its pretty sad how they dont give a fuck about old people or people in general to be fair. Meanwhile they send aid and support to Ukraine and other places while our own people are suffering.

Look how much the US has given to Ukraine, the money they sent to that corrupt shithole could have fixed the toxic water in Flint Mitchigan or the hurricane damage to Pureto Rico, same for the billions we sent over, the money could be put to better use at home.

4 hours ago, Blacko said:

The sad fact is that there is something to dollar milkshake theory, FIAT currencies are weighted against one another and capital is going to flee to the US Dollar from all over the world including large first world economies like ourselves in the UK and others in Europe and our currency will be reduced to that of emerging market status.  The flight to the Dollar is purely becuase it's the lepur with the most fingers and despite not really having the fundimentals behind it to support the move it will see massive flood of capital into percieved "safety".  The ordinary US citizen won't benefit from this they will have to find some way to offload all the Dollars they are going to have to print so expect ridiculous "space projects" or anything else that can absorb trillions to become very popular.  Then once the Dollar becomes fully saturated and people realise it's no better than all the others the capital will all flood out of the dollar into gold which has been the ultimate safe haven asset for 5000 years.

• Keeemon 1

2 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

I get it mate. I know they are probably losing a lot in between but at least they get those big hits as well, I dont. 😂
Anyways, fuck it. It is what it is, what else can you expect from playing slots.

Everything is going to shit on this planet anyway. Time to just focus on yourself and get better with health, fitness, life in general.

Auld Putin is ready to fire his 30 year auld nuclear missile so I'm trying to time it to when I'm down to the last torn fiver of the overdraft so my remains of dust can have the last laugh over the Nationwide building soceity.

• Love 3

3 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

The sad fact is that there is something to dollar milkshake theory, FIAT currencies are weighted against one another and capital is going to flee to the US Dollar from all over the world including large first world economies like ourselves in the UK and others in Europe and our currency will be reduced to that of emerging market status.  The flight to the Dollar is purely becuase it's the lepur with the most fingers and despite not really having the fundimentals behind it to support the move it will see massive flood of capital into percieved "safety".  The ordinary US citizen won't benefit from this they will have to find some way to offload all the Dollars they are going to have to print so expect ridiculous "space projects" or anything else that can absorb trillions to become very popular.  Then once the Dollar becomes fully saturated and people realise it's no better than all the others the capital will all flood out of the dollar into gold which has been the ultimate safe haven asset for 5000 years.

layman's terms hardman.