TGC Horse

Blacko

1 hour ago, philinvicta said:

That is not what I said   nobody who holds a small share in a syndicate has any say and like I said all decisions would be between the syndicate manager  and the trainer I suggested taking the large shareholding so you had naming rights  which might also give you some  influence  ,   A budget is a budget and does not necessarily mean it is small and so not worth your while even considering it  . One would have a capital sum  to spend on the purchase which would  in turn lead to an amount that would have to be paid monthly  .   My point was you would know at the outset what those amounts would be  and hence could budget for them  and not be hit with a large bill you would not be expecting.

I am of the mind though  that I would not consider buying any horse in the current environment of UK prizemoney and the poor way that owners and punters are treated by the industry.

One only has to look at the scandal of the Ascot Racing Club to see the contempt that people are held in  but  it also shows you need to be fully aware of what you are buying in to. what you own and what you are paying for.

Do u think they’ll enter Baeed for the ark?, I think it could step up to a mile 4 no problem, Crowley is confident. I had my suspicions they would step it up again, possibly derby next year if he wins the Arc. I’ve been following Native Trail this season but Appleby keeps running it over a mile two when a mile is clearly it’s trip.

9 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Do u think they’ll enter Baeed for the ark?, I think it could step up to a mile 4 no problem, Crowley is confident. I had my suspicions they would step it up again, possibly derby next year if he wins the Arc. I’ve been following Native Trail this season but Appleby keeps running it over a mile two when a mile is clearly it’s trip.

It would be great to see Baeed in the arc. If Haggas has got a say in it I would say no, but it's ultimately down to the owners.

They will be desperate to retire Baeed unbeaten and the arc is a tough, rough race and has a massive draw bias.

Just look at sea of class.  Best horse in the race, but beaten by the poor draw.

We will see, but personally I don't think they will go for it

7 minutes ago, david1111 said:

It would be great to see Baeed in the arc. If Haggas has got a say in it I would say no, but it's ultimately down to the owners.

They will be desperate to retire Baeed unbeaten and the arc is a tough, rough race and has a massive draw bias.

Just look at sea of class.  Best horse in the race, but beaten by the poor draw.

We will see, but personally I don't think they will go for it

I personally thought they would have went down the Frankel route and retired it, I’ve never heard of the owners, they may be willing to retire it or they may be tempted to try it for the top given Crowleys opinion that he had a huge engine in him after its last race.

13 minutes ago, Blacko said:

I personally thought they would have went down the Frankel route and retired it, I’ve never heard of the owners, they may be willing to retire it or they may be tempted to try it for the top given Crowleys opinion that he had a huge engine in him after its last race.

I can't help thinking they will retire it.

The stud values are so huge. Was is reported it cost 250k to send a horse to Frankel

44 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Shadwell Estates is Sheik Hamdan Al Maktoum's breeding operation  all of his racing operations passed to his daughter when he died .  She is Sheika Hissa Hamdan Al Maktoum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadwell_Racing

I do think they will enter him for the Arc  he has to be supplemented as he was not entered before.   They will only run him if the ground is not too soft.  It was said he will not run in the Irish Champion so he will either go for the Arc or he will run in the Qipco champions day as his final race.  There is of course a chance they supplement him and it rains and they do not run any way. in the Arc.

He will go to stud and no doubt will be used on their own mares where it is a suitable cross.   I know they have been selling off large numbers at the sales  but it is still a very big operation.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, david1111 said:

I can't help thinking they will retire it.

The stud values are so huge. Was is reported it cost 250k to send a horse to Frankel

According to the post it is only 200k

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/763453/frankel/progeny

In his first season his fee was 125k and he covered 133 mares .  I would assume he covers a similar number maybe up to 150 mares per season.  He is nearly as fertile as @Blacko  with 126 of the 133 mares scanned in season although I understand @blacko comes in cheaper  at a can of vimto and a packet of crsips

• Love 3

Just now, philinvicta said:

According to the post it is only 200k

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/763453/frankel/progeny

In his first season his fee was 125k and he covered 133 mares .  I would assume he covers a similar number maybe up to 150 mares per season.  He is nearly as fertile as @Blacko  with 126 of the 133 mares scanned in season although I understand @blacko comes in cheaper  at a can of vimto and a packet of crsips

Depends which mare it is, if it’s @Chrissy_M then I’m more than happy to waive the stud fee.

• Love 1
  • Good Luck! 1

3 hours ago, Blacko said:

I think they know they have a horse almost on the same level as Frankel, but its just been lacking a little in terms of the quality of horses he's beaten. The quality and depth in competition isn't there as it was for Frankel (Cirrus des Aigles, Excelebration, Canford Cliffs etc) there's not much they can realistically do about that though. However perhaps one last roll of the dice, winning one of those grandest of races could elevate the reputation of the horse to at least be mentioned in the same breath. Also worth acknowledging that these types of owners are all about the big race wins, its what they are in the sport for, the money is probably inconsequential for them. 

If I was to get into ownership ( too expensive for me) I'd want to try and get a sprinter rated about 85-95 and aim at the Saturday afternoon handicaps, get a decent bit of fun and a crack at decent pots. No idea how much a runner like that would cost in a disposal from a bigger yard though

On 29/08/2022 at 17:12, Blacko said:

It can be an expensive venture but there are different packages according to the money the owner is willing to spend. I don’t think it would work for the forum members to be owners as it would be helluva difficult arranging monthly payments etc.. I can only speak for myself but the costs might be too much for the average Joe (especially if the horse is rank rotten).. however there are certain friends of Paul who would probably be interested as they are seasoned gamblers ( Swedish Kim, Hypa, Stop and Step, Steve Davies, chip, Jimbo, Craig, Onabucket and so forth ), I doubt @Denman would get involved as he’s Hawaii bound, maybe @Bangers giving his love for the sport.

Imagine the interest each streamer would gain if you followed the horse or visited a racecourse near you when it runs. If the horse is shite and people lose interest then you can always sell it on, it’s not as if your adopting a child 😂

It's nothing Id have any interest in 

On 30/08/2022 at 21:08, Blacko said:

Think In @Rocknrolla case it’s perfect business sense.. guys like Paul, Kim etc.. ain’t struggling for a few quid so they could easily take a chance on mid level ownership, it proves their authenticity of serious gamblers in a YouTube world of utter lies and bullshit. Up to them though, doesn’t affect me in any way. I am aware that it was discussed before but that was on TGC ownership which wouldn’t work.

Me and 'business sense' dont compute! Kim is at a very very different level to me and I really am not far from hanging up the online gloves. 

Would still love to do this but like I said it would have to be laid out in front of me and explained in detail and in a way a 6 year old would understand

1 minute ago, Rocknrolla said:

Me and 'business sense' dont compute! Kim is at a very very different level to me and I really am not far from hanging up the online gloves. 

Would still love to do this but like I said it would have to be laid out in front of me and explained in detail and in a way a 6 year old would understand

If you don't already have a natural interest in horse racing it seems a bad idea Paul,  it's a bit like owing a nice expensive car,  it's not the buying the car it's the running it. 

Just my humble opinion btw 

For all that's worth. 

IF you did feel the need to pursue it Id be more inclined to find a national hunt horse rather than a flat bred type,  you could possibly get more enjoyment from a hurdler or a chaser. 

The very best of luck anyway in whatever you or the others decide on 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

https://www.middlehamparkracing.net/buy-shares.htm

I'm not recommending Middleham Park shares but I thought the website was pretty clear in explaining how it works and what costs would be expected including having to buy a 15% share to choose it's name. 

• Like 1