Nostradamus

Hello TGC Can I Help You?

58 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

If there is an afterlife people do not seem to be conscious of it.  I know some people say they have lived previously but for some reason they always believe they were Napoleon  or some important figure from the past  very few seem to believe they were a poor peasant with no teeth  and boils who nobody gave a toss about.

Sounds like your average Glaswegian to be fair haha

21 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

This one came up recently with some friends and was an interesting discussion. Maybe @Nostradamus can offer their thoughts. Welcome BTW.

A completely hypothetical scenario...

Imagine when you turned 18 you were offered the opportunity and superpower to never become ill in your whole life. Absolutely nothing wrong at all ever, not even a cold, no matter what your lifestyle. You wouldn't suffer any injury and would always be able to do everything you wanted physically without the worry of becoming old ie suffer back ache. However you would outwardly age as you ordinarily would. The power doesn't make you indestructible either, from say a serious accident so you would need to still be sensible.

In return for this accepting this superpower, on your 70th birthday that would be your time up and you would die.

Would you take the deal?

You need new friends 😂

@Nostradamus If there’s an afterlife can I be brought back as Emily Ratokowski’s toilet seat?

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, PieGamble said:

Sounds like your average Glaswegian to be fair haha

cheese.PNG

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

@Nostradamus If there’s an afterlife can I be brought back as Emily Ratokowski’s toilet seat?

I don't think the likes of you are coming back 

The Devil has labour planned for your type 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bangers said:

I don't think the likes of you are coming back 

The Devil has labour planned for your type 

What if life is purgatory - just the waiting room for the afterlife? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

21 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

What if life is purgatory - just the waiting room for the afterlife? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

You will be welcomed through a door marked PRIVATE  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Player1173 said:

This one came up recently with some friends and was an interesting discussion. Maybe @Nostradamus can offer their thoughts. Welcome BTW.

A completely hypothetical scenario...

Imagine when you turned 18 you were offered the opportunity and superpower to never become ill in your whole life. Absolutely nothing wrong at all ever, not even a cold, no matter what your lifestyle. You wouldn't suffer any injury and would always be able to do everything you wanted physically without the worry of becoming old ie suffer back ache. However you would outwardly age as you ordinarily would. The power doesn't make you indestructible either, from say a serious accident so you would need to still be sensible.

In return for this accepting this superpower, on your 70th birthday that would be your time up and you would die.

Would you take the deal?

Interesting and thank you for the welcome @Player1173 I would take the deal and once i knew the deal was active I would inform all the leading scientists in the World, In the hope they could use my body to help others.

I think 3 score years and 10 is an acceptable age.

1 hour ago, Gkell727 said:

Would you like that? 

You would have to die fairly promptly, as if its say 40 years, the attraction of your statement wouldn't be so appealing would it?

Maybe it would, it would not be for me, If pushed and I had to come back as a Toilet seat, I would probably choose a public cubicle in some posh boutique In London, as variety is the spice of life they say.

Posted (edited)

Hey Nostradamus 👋 

I'm just wondering... will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark? 

Edited by Chrissy_M
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Chrissy_M said:

Hey Nostradamus 👋 

I'm just wondering... will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark? 

This one's in training 

giphy.gif

On 01/08/2022 at 14:07, MrUKHackz said:

What is greater than God, more evil than the Devil, rich people need it, poor people have it and if you eat it you'll die?

The human soul?🤔

3 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

Would you like that? 

You would have to die fairly promptly, as if its say 40 years, the attraction of your statement wouldn't be so appealing would it?

Maybe it would, it would not be for me, If pushed and I had to come back as a Toilet seat, I would probably choose a public cubicle in some posh boutique In London, as variety is the spice of life they say.

Sounds like a sh*t story, and someone is taking the p*SS 🤭

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DEVIL4POSTER said:

Sounds like a sh*t story, and someone is taking the p*SS 🤭

A Shaw sha(r)nk chain(ge) is as good as a re(d)st lol

Edited by DEVIL4POSTER

9 hours ago, DEVIL4POSTER said:

The human soul?🤔

Nothing

12 hours ago, Chrissy_M said:

Hey Nostradamus 👋 

Hello @Chrissy_M how are the puddy cats still giving you joy?

So in answer to you question is YES infact you could swim faster than a particular Shark, A Greenland Shark as they average about 1mph, However you could not swim as fast as a Shortfin Mako as they average 31mph but in bursts can reach 46mph.

I hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • Keeeeemon! 1

@DEVIL4POSTER 

Have you a question you have always wanted answering, I read and see your quite active on here, and post some very thought provoking topics and replies.

If you do ask away and i will help.

14 hours ago, Chrissy_M said:

Hey Nostradamus 👋 

image.png.b5c1a151a9ce5146ebb2dd9290f4b25c.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

@DEVIL4POSTER 

Have you a question you have always wanted answering, I read and see your quite active on here, and post some very thought provoking topics and replies.

If you do ask away and i will help.

The sharpest one in the room, the dullest one in the draw.🤔

29 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

The Office you and @MrUKHackz share the love of that series, If memory serves me right.

Best TV series ever! 

• Agree 2