Hello TGC Can I Help You?

Nostradamus

52 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

what happens when you die?

Just as you take you're very last intake of breath you clearly hear a calming somewhat comforting voice that says ........

Phase two! 

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Rocknrolla said:

What is the meaning of life and what happens when you die?

Well thank you for the question, I expected a deep and meaningful question, You certainly have not let me down, It is a shame others have not followed. In answer to your question Paul it is very simple, as a famous film once said.

"Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations".

Edited by Nostradamus
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Rocknrolla said:

What is the meaning of life and what happens when you die?

People who look for "the meaning of life"  are wasting their time as there is not one. people who look to give their life meaning however are on a far better quest.

As for what happens when you die why do you care you are dead !

• Keeemon 1

29 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

People who look for "the meaning of life"  are wasting their time as there is not one. people who look to give their life meaning however are on a far better quest.

Its the TGC "War/Santa" making an appearance hello @philinvicta I just need @RichieFC and I have a Full house.

Picking you up on your theory I feel maybe there is an afterlife, Who knows would you not like to be reincarnated so you could maybe right the wrongs of this life? 

3 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

Well thank you for the question, I expected a deep and meaningful question, You certainly have not let me down, It is a shame others have not followed. In answer to your question Paul it is very simple, as a famous film once said.

"Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations".

Monty Python ? 

2 hours ago, philinvicta said:

I can confirm Phil there is life after death 

I've been here 3 times, the life I have now is No-4  

@Nostradamus

One thing in life has always confused me, when I was younger I was a big church goer until I started thinking ................MMMmmmm did that really happen ? 

I've always been a bit confused even now in later life, the the thing is, why is it if you are in Church praying it's looked upon fine acceptable, you are praying to God, but if you sit with your GP and confess you hear god two members of your family are immediately contacted and you are sectioned. 

• Love 2

14 minutes ago, Bangers said:

@Nostradamus

One thing in life has always confused me, when I was younger I was a big church goer until I started thinking ................MMMmmmm did that really happen ? 

I've always been a bit confused even now in later life, the the thing is, why is it if you are in Church praying it's looked upon fine acceptable, you are praying to God, but if you sit with your GP and confess you hear god two members of your family are immediately contacted and you are sectioned. 

I nearly choked on my magnum ice cream hahaha! 

So true 🤣

Edited by Cheryl T T

2 hours ago, Nostradamus said:

Its the TGC "War/Santa" making an appearance hello @philinvicta I just need @RichieFC and I have a Full house.

Picking you up on your theory I feel maybe there is an afterlife, Who knows would you not like to be reincarnated so you could maybe right the wrongs of this life? 

If there is an afterlife people do not seem to be conscious of it.  I know some people say they have lived previously but for some reason they always believe they were Napoleon  or some important figure from the past  very few seem to believe they were a poor peasant with no teeth  and boils who nobody gave a toss about.

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, Bangers said:

@Nostradamus

Its a quandary and one of lifes many mysteries, If you managed to get an appointment within 6 months that in itself would be an act of God.

6 minutes ago, Nostradamus said:

If you managed to get an appointment within 6 months that in itself would be an act of God.

Yes I would agree 

Should I be in need to call them they do tend to allow me a face to face with our family Doctor because of that little mishap with the petrol 

• Love 1

This one came up recently with some friends and was an interesting discussion. Maybe @Nostradamus can offer their thoughts. Welcome BTW.

A completely hypothetical scenario...

Imagine when you turned 18 you were offered the opportunity and superpower to never become ill in your whole life. Absolutely nothing wrong at all ever, not even a cold, no matter what your lifestyle. You wouldn't suffer any injury and would always be able to do everything you wanted physically without the worry of becoming old ie suffer back ache. However you would outwardly age as you ordinarily would. The power doesn't make you indestructible either, from say a serious accident so you would need to still be sensible.

In return for this accepting this superpower, on your 70th birthday that would be your time up and you would die.

Would you take the deal?

Edited by Player1173
  • Keeemon 2

9 minutes ago, Player1173 said:

This one came up recently with some friends and was an interesting discussion. Maybe @Nostradamus can offer their thoughts. Welcome BTW.

A completely hypothetical scenario...

Imagine when you turned 18 you were offered the opportunity and superpower to never become ill in your whole life. Absolutely nothing wrong at all ever, not even a cold, no matter what your lifestyle. You wouldn't suffer any injury and would always be able to do everything you wanted physically without the worry of becoming old ie suffer back ache. However you would outwardly age as you ordinarily would. The power doesn't make you indestructible either, from say a serious accident so you would need to still be sensible.

In return for this accepting this superpower, on your 70th birthday that would be your time up and you would die.

Would you take the deal?

I certainly would. The best life and no risk of ill health

Edited by Cheryl T T