Crowsnest1

YouTube Videos

Recommended Posts

I have noticed over the last 2-6 months there has been a increase of affiliate/casino based videos on you tube. 

Its making gambling so unrealistic, all am seeing is mega big win, huge win, jackpot win. Must see win. These people are not promoting the real outcome of gambling  they are leading people in!!!

Am not a massive gambler but poeple who may be inclined to gamble to much are getting this videos plastered all over the place must not help  

 

Am am not blowing smoke up his ass but Paul only seems to be the one showing loss videos. Which in my eyes is the only real way to show the real outcome, loss and win. ( sometimes Kim will do a loss one) 

Some affiliate only want to custom rather than the best for follows. 

 

Dont want to to start a massive argument or debate. But be nice to see if other people think this. 

 

Cheers. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i agree. It does glorify gambling and certainly hides the dark side. 

A lot of vulnerable, easy led people can easily get lured in by these videos. 

I only really watch Paul, the bandit and jimbo. They do note hide losses at all and show clearly the downside of gambling. The industry as a whole is way to commercial now and something really needs to be done as I believe it has already spiralled out of control 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally Id like to see it back like it was a few years ago, only us real gamblers made videos and sometimes we won, sometimes we lost and if we (me for example) made a video of wins throughout the last fortnight it was just that, a video, not an advert for revenue trying to sucker people in.

Paul feels the same, we'd soon see who the real gamblers are without affiliation

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26

Difficult one for me personally it does not effect me seeing big wins etc but I can see how it would effect someone maybe just starting to gamble. 

Min the affiliate side I see no problem in making a business out of it . Take the 200% none sticky bonus at 21 what paul offers . Where would you get that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I know that’s the offer at 21casino, but my point was the lack of truth in terms of the videos produced and shared. 

A affiliate with sign up links on his videos who only posts losing videos. Would have a hell of smaller following and smaller signs ups, than some of the ones out there promoting only winning as previously stated. 

Just sickens me the way some streamers make out they are only doing it for the follows, and really care about them. Do they s””t, and what makes it worse  they acccept donations. 

The most frequent you tube channels who post wining only videos  must be having a field day, with new follows seeing there winning all the time and bam think they can do it, which as stated is not a reality  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
9 minutes ago, Crowsnest1 said:

Yes I know that’s the offer at 21casino, but my point was the lack of truth in terms of the videos produced and shared. 

A affiliate with sign up links on his videos who only posts losing videos. Would have a hell of smaller following and smaller signs ups, than some of the ones out there promoting only winning as previously stated. 

Just sickens me the way some streamers make out they are only doing it for the follows, and really care about them. Do they s””t, and what makes it worse  they acccept donations. 

The most frequent you tube channels who post wining only videos  must be having a field day, with new follows seeing there winning all the time and bam think they can do it, which as stated is not a reality  

 

I don’t think people are as daft as you think . To me it’s pretty obvious the ones who are just in it for the money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree this with to an extent but the proven legit gamblers who still chose to be affiliates because of the obvious benefits.... personally I do not have a problem with that 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have a problem with that either mate. 

 

But it they are promoting unrealistic look on gambling to gain a higher number of sign ups on there links, then I do have a issue. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont bet on-line, never have, just a few quid or so in the bookies most weeks...

Others are different tho, i understand that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Miller26
7 minutes ago, TJFF said:

I dont bet on-line, never have, just a few quid or so in the bookies most weeks...

Others are different tho, i understand that...

Best stay that way mate . Online can be ruthless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Crowsnest1 said:

I have noticed over the last 2-6 months there has been a increase of affiliate/casino based videos on you tube. 

Its making gambling so unrealistic, all am seeing is mega big win, huge win, jackpot win. Must see win. These people are not promoting the real outcome of gambling  they are leading people in!!!

Am not a massive gambler but poeple who may be inclined to gamble to much are getting this videos plastered all over the place must not help  

 

Am am not blowing smoke up his ass but Paul only seems to be the one showing loss videos. Which in my eyes is the only real way to show the real outcome, loss and win. ( sometimes Kim will do a loss one) 

Some affiliate only want to custom rather than the best for follows. 

 

Dont want to to start a massive argument or debate. But be nice to see if other people think this. 

 

Cheers. 

I agree.

You can also check out Hypafuse, he is also very honest about the wins and losses.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Crowsnest1 said:

I have noticed over the last 2-6 months there has been a increase of affiliate/casino based videos on you tube. 

Its making gambling so unrealistic, all am seeing is mega big win, huge win, jackpot win. Must see win. These people are not promoting the real outcome of gambling  they are leading people in!!!

Am not a massive gambler but poeple who may be inclined to gamble to much are getting this videos plastered all over the place must not help  

 

Am am not blowing smoke up his ass but Paul only seems to be the one showing loss videos. Which in my eyes is the only real way to show the real outcome, loss and win. ( sometimes Kim will do a loss one) 

Some affiliate only want to custom rather than the best for follows. 

 

Dont want to to start a massive argument or debate. But be nice to see if other people think this. 

 

Cheers. 

That's why I appreciate Paul. :smug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

Personally Id like to see it back like it was a few years ago, only us real gamblers made videos and sometimes we won, sometimes we lost and if we (me for example) made a video of wins throughout the last fortnight it was just that, a video, not an advert for revenue trying to sucker people in.

Paul feels the same, we'd soon see who the real gamblers are without affiliation

No one is forcing anyone to be an affiliate as it is right now. Paul is an affiliate out of choice. If he felt so strongly about it he could cancel his affiliate programs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Denman

The point was about these pop up channels that have got into the scene purely to fleece folks, Paul was streaming before affiliation and would still be going after it, hes a real gambler, thats whats important imo.

Theres nothing wrong with affiliation if its done correctly, as an affiliate you are the players manager and thats something Paul takes seriously unlike 99% of the others

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hypalynxs stream last night showed the reality of gambling, that was brutal, just hours of different slots and every one was a "this has to bonus eventually" scenario and when it does bonus it pays buttons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

@Denman

The point was about these pop up channels that have got into the scene purely to fleece folks, Paul was streaming before affiliation and would still be going after it, hes a real gambler, thats whats important imo.

Theres nothing wrong with affiliation if its done correctly, as an affiliate you are the players manager and thats something Paul takes seriously unlike 99% of the others

 

 

How does one do affiliation correctly? There is a distinct lack of rules and regulation in this area. There is no correct way. Ultimately if you are making money from it you have contributed to a process in which someone else has lost money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denman said:

 

How does one do affiliation correctly? There is a distinct lack of rules and regulation in this area. There is no correct way. Ultimately if you are making money from it you have contributed to a process in which someone else has lost money. 

I would say the main point of doing it correctly is leaving it to the viewers decision. In my description I've made it very clear what links they are and what it means, some have literally nothing or are very short, if someone clicks on my link then they have done knowing the facts. There is also the free option of Gamban.

The way that I conduct my channel with or without links would the number of people joining one of the casinos I play at be any different? 

 

  • Like 2
  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

I would say the main point of doing it correctly is leaving it to the viewers decision. In my description I've made it very clear what links they are and what it means, some have literally nothing or are very short, if someone clicks on my link then they have done knowing the facts. There is also the free option of Gamban.

The way that I conduct my channel with or without links would the number of people joining one of the casinos I play at be any different? 

 

 

You're without doubt one of the most responsible when it comes to other peoples gambling, but you're still promoting a gambling product to some extent for your own benefit (yes far less than others and in no way obnoxiously as many are guilty of). I also suspect that you're most likely gambling far more off stream than you do on stream which gives credence to you being a "true gambler". I don't have issue with what you do, but you're still without doubt promoting (I use the term loosely with you, as you are relatively discreet) a gambling product for your own benefit, just as many others do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Denman Everything is a promotion of some sort isn't it, if Paul wasn't an affiliate it wouldn't stop people watching him and some of those people will find the video helpful in curbing there own gambling and some will find it triggers them to gamble, being an affiliate or not doesn't enhance the amount its promotes gambling. The streams with it plastered over half the screen are a different matter entirely.

For instance you owning racehorses, if people like yourself didn't own these horses and race them for your pleasure/hobby/sport then we punters wouldn't be able to bet on them and do our bollocks in on Annie Power at the final fence!! See how you can link anything to anything if you look for a way to do so!?

Not having a pop either as I was saying to Paul yesterday Id love to be a racehorse owner :smile:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

@Denman Everything is a promotion of some sort isn't it, if Paul wasn't an affiliate it wouldn't stop people watching him and some of those people will find the video helpful in curbing there own gambling and some will find it triggers them to gamble, being an affiliate or not doesn't enhance the amount its promotes gambling. The streams with it plastered over half the screen are a different matter entirely.

For instance you owning racehorses, if people like yourself didn't own these horses and race them for your pleasure/hobby/sport then we punters wouldn't be able to bet on them and do our bollocks in on Annie Power at the final fence!! See how you can link anything to anything if you look for a way to do so!?

Not having a pop either as I was saying to Paul yesterday Id love to be a racehorse owner :smile:

This is the argument I use against people that want to ban horse racing - well there will be a shit ton of horses lined up at the glue factory if that ever happens then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

@Denman Everything is a promotion of some sort isn't it, if Paul wasn't an affiliate it wouldn't stop people watching him and some of those people will find the video helpful in curbing there own gambling and some will find it triggers them to gamble, being an affiliate or not doesn't enhance the amount its promotes gambling. The streams with it plastered over half the screen are a different matter entirely.

For instance you owning racehorses, if people like yourself didn't own these horses and race them for your pleasure/hobby/sport then we punters wouldn't be able to bet on them and do our bollocks in on Annie Power at the final fence!! See how you can link anything to anything if you look for a way to do so!?

Not having a pop either as I was saying to Paul yesterday Id love to be a racehorse owner :smile:

 

Not really the same is it. Theres no benefit to me if someone bets on my horse. The bloody BHA won't even let me lay them. :crywithlaughter:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Denman said:

 

Not really the same is it. Theres no benefit to me if someone bets on my horse. The bloody BHA won't even let me lay them. :crywithlaughter:

Is it important if somebody is benefiting from it financially? The only thing I think is important is if it's contributing towards giving somebody a bad habit, and both streams and horse racing are guilty of that to some degree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now