Bangers

Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2

This one is super interesting!

I've got a few bets on AJ which I put on a couple of months ago mainly when I found out he wasn't having that Rob McCraken train him. If AJ fights like he did prior to his loss to Ruiz I think AJ will have too much power for him, Chisora caused him problems purely by trying to bully him with being a heavyweight vs a welterweight. That being said Usyk is probably the best ever welterweight. Usyk also gave it everything and still couldnt finish AJ and Usyks face looked way worse after AJ looked to barely land anything significant. Also will the war in Ukraine be a motivator for Usyk or have the opposite effect, either way should be a good fight!

2 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

I've got a few bets on AJ which I put on a couple of months ago mainly when I found out he wasn't having that Rob McCraken train him. If AJ fights like he did prior to his loss to Ruiz I think AJ will have too much power for him, Chisora caused him problems purely by trying to bully him with being a heavyweight vs a welterweight. That being said Usyk is probably the best ever welterweight. Usyk also gave it everything and still couldnt finish AJ and Usyks face looked way worse after AJ looked to barely land anything significant. Also will the war in Ukraine be a motivator for Usyk or have the opposite effect, either way should be a good fight!

Best of luck with the bets man 

Jury still out for me on this and might even be a ''bet swerve fight'' 

Keep thinking if the fight goes the distance it's then Usyk's fight 

He will also stick in another honourable display and what with what's going on in his homeland he'll be fired up and can't be underestimated again, Usyk is a very talented boxer, tough as teak, AJ for me these days just doesn't have that same aggression / hunger he once had.

Maybe the new trainer can light the flame again but it's a very tricky fight.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Best of luck with the bets man 

Jury still out for me on this and might even be a ''bet swerve fight'' 

Keep thinking if the fight goes the distance it's then Usyk's fight 

He will also stick in another honourable display and what with what's going on in his homeland he'll be fired up and can't be underestimated again, Usyk is a very talented boxer, tough as teak, AJ for me these days just doesn't have that same aggression / hunger he once had.

Maybe the new trainer can light the flame again but it's a very tricky fight.  

Its a defo bet swerve fight!

For me I just think AJ pre the Ruiz fight could destroy almost anyone and I think he realises now he needs to stop trying to be this 'complete boxer' and stick to his strengths which got him to where he is now. South paw makes it more awkward and either way I think the pressure is off Usyk, win and its a big moment for him and country, lose and it will seem like his head wasn't focused or in the game and everyone would understand.

• Agree 1

On 17/07/2022 at 11:39, Rocknrolla said:

Cruiserweight! Welterweight is 147lbs. Imagine Mayweather vs AJ. I know what you meant though.

I dont take much from the Chisora performance, he looks scrappy against everyone and tends to smother a lot of people's work so they don't look great even if they win comfortably. I actually think Usyk sandbagged a little against Chisora, he has levels and knew what he had to do to win but keep it tight enough to get AJ interested and confident. AJ has to get him out in the first 6 rounds, more likely first 3. He needs to go in, use his size and strength advantage and walk him down. He might have to eat a couple of shots but it's the only way he wins, he can't outbox Usyk. If the fight goes beyond 6 rounds I can't see anything but an Usyk win, AJ will gas and get outbound, if it goes past 6 I wouldn't be surprised to see Usyk stopping AJ.

It’s gonna be about as close as the last one. AJ because of his size would be great at most sports. because of his attributes and the usual cherry picked fights that UK fighters get to get a world title he’s done well. Any time he’s up against a proper boxing man though he will lose. Usyk domination and Joshua to quit on the stool I’m saying. 

Usyk stops AJ late. Size didn't help AJ the first time, and people are quick to forget that Usyk deliberately held off finishing AJ in the 12th. Usyk is going to come in with more intent and catch AJ coming in. Remember smaller fighters give AJ issues.