Sign in to follow this  
Bangers

God Save The Queen

Day 3 Royal Ascot and Lanfranco Dettori is yet to get on the score card, he's seen it all before, give him time, he'll strike, he's Frankie Dettori 

2nd LTO at Sandown and the Colt's only racecourse appearance of the season, a Prep run IMO, Frankie never went for everything and granted the selection was going along just nicely and the eventual winner trained by Mr Haggas and ridden that day by Tom Marquand had to dig very deep to pass Frankie and take the Coral Heron Stakes   ( Listed ) 

The very same winner ''My Prospero'' ran again on Tuesday here at Royal Ascot in the St James Palace stakes ( Group 1 )  where he finished a commendable ( 3rd ) 

Now taking into account it's her majesties platinum jubilee and this is Roya Ascot you'd think it would be nice for the old dear to get a winner, the selection is owned by the Queen and YES this John Gosden trained 3yr old isn't a price for everyone BUT make no mistakes a lot of punters will him this in various betting slips of all kinds tomorrow,  Lucky 15's  - Yankee's - Doubles - Trebles the whole 9 yards. 

We all know in this game NOTHING is EVER guaranteed and most of us all have a story to tell when it comes to racing shocks,  I'll say now that if this horse gets beat it will not only shock me, but at the stake I've gone in at I don't think I'll be remotely interested in seeing another horse for a very VERY long time.

Frankie Dettori is WORLD CLASS,  but over as many years as I can remember he's always haunted me,  I don't just have the one story I have a LOT of stories, NIGHTMARES!  But I still admire him and salute him for all his achievements, I've read most of his books and nothing can ever be taken away from the fact he's the most recognisable Jockey on the planet for a very good reason, he's a showman and he's loved and admired by punters along with the people he's around on a daily basis. 

This horse along with this race stood out a mile a good while back,  I've said to some Pals weeks ago ..................What will win for the Queen ?

This is it!!!!

Course - Ascot 

Trainer - Mr John Gosden 

Race - Hampton Court Stakes ( Group 3 )

Time - 17:35 

Jockey Booking - Frankie Dettori 

Price - 1/2 

Never mind doing this one for the Auld Queen Frankie 

Do this one for ALL OF US! 

Ok and The Queen 

image.png.893aae435c6f70fcee56e7688ace56da.png

20220615_192651.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
  • Good Luck! 1

Don't be angry for your loss on such a short and terribly priced horse that you boldly wrote umpteen paragraphs about. A horse offering such little value that it would be crazy to bet on it or tell others to do so too. If anyone followed your word they did so on their own accord and of their own volition.

Winners and losers come and go. It is not always about the destination, sometimes the journey there is just as significant. You enjoy the journey. Blessed be the route. Win or lose Jesus still loves you and I still love you. 

24 minutes ago, Denman said:

Don't be angry for your loss on such a short and terribly priced horse that you boldly wrote umpteen paragraphs about. A horse offering such little value that it would be crazy to bet on it or tell others to do so too. If anyone followed your word they did so on their own accord and of their own volition.

Winners and losers come and go. It is not always about the destination, sometimes the journey there is just as significant. You enjoy the journey. Blessed be the route. Win or lose Jesus still loves you and I still love you. 

The prices of some of these horses at Royal Ascot are fucking terrible, large fields of inexperienced horses and their pricing up some of them at short odds after 1 run. How many times have we seen horses bolt up on their first run only to fall flat on their arse afterwards?, take Mawj in the first for example., 7/4, it may bolt in, I just find this festival a spectacle to enjoy rather than risk hard earned on unknown quantities.

32 minutes ago, Denman said:

Can you give us something to put the giro on @Denman, the King of AW Kings. The Ayatollah of Polytrackyollah. The legend that should be banned from betting on the fibresand. Denman of the House Denman. The first of his Name. He who won at Kempton. Number One at Wolverhampton. The Bookies Alarm Bell at Southwell. The Lord of Chelmsford. Mr No Hassle at picking winners at Newcastle. Sir The win is sealed at Lingfield. The chap with great torque at Dundalk. The giver of winners to the filthy Guest sinners. The Bulletproof Vest. Nicola's favourite member. 4houghts Daddy.

we are all fast running out of Universal credit following tips on TGC since you left us that day, the day we the guests like to call the blackest day in TGC history

• Haha 2

Does Denman have two accounts? 🤔

11 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

No

• Face Palm! 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jok3st3r said:

This fellas is too placid, either it’s someone pretending to be him or Denmans getting his hole these days.

• Hmmm 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blacko said:

The prices of some of these horses at Royal Ascot are fucking terrible, large fields of inexperienced horses and their pricing up some of them at short odds after 1 run. How many times have we seen horses bolt up on their first run only to fall flat on their arse afterwards?, take Mawj in the first for example., 7/4, it may bolt in, I just find this festival a spectacle to enjoy rather than risk hard earned on unknown quantities.

As you have identified its one of those spectacle meetings like Aintree and Cheltenham that I think are better to watch and keep your money in your pocket. But as we all know a fool and his money are soon parted and most of us can't resist the lure of the spectacle, even knowing that its a mugs game betting at such meetings. I personally haven't watched a single race at Royal Ascot this year though.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Denman said:

As you have identified its one of those spectacle meetings like Aintree and Cheltenham that I think are better to watch and keep your money in your pocket. But as we all know a fool and his money are soon parted and most of us can't resist the lure of the spectacle, even knowing that its a mugs game betting at such meetings. I personally haven't watched a single race at Royal Ascot this year though.

Give me an evening meeting at Wolverhampton anyday, I prefer sifting through the shite looking for a winner rather than stare at a page of overhyped donkeys.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Give me an evening meeting at Wolverhampton anyday, I prefer sifting through the shite looking for a winner rather than stare at a page of overhyped donkeys.

There is something very alluring about those cold, wet, dismal winter evenings at Wolverhampton and Kempton. I am not sure if its the bottom of the barrel Class 7 races, the actually handicapped horses or the roar of the 3 punters in attendance, but I love them. Nothing else like it in racing. I am a big fan. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Denman said:

i thought of a new one, but you dashed it saying you dont bet it

'always running hot at royal ascot'

7 hours ago, Denman said:

Had a really decent run over the last X amount of days but I was losing track of figures, a couple of shops have even hinted about SOF which is a bit alarming IBH 

We both know how strange this game is at times and I can't ever really explain why certain races grab me in the way they do, even after a a good nights sleep I'm still a little shocked Reach for the moon go beat but nothing is guaranteed, it's a game of chance even a fetish for some, we get those knocks or those VERY Sore ones if we get cocky but we still come back for more.

Not so much now as I get older but I've always been weirdly attracted to various kinds of danger,  some of my gambling antics isn't even financial,  it's more about how being right can just make you feel,  that horse crossing the line and going into 1st makes me feel good.  

Yesterday was sore but it could of been a lot worse and I was only giving back a chuck from the weeks profit,  no bollocks were done in and if that was the case I'm always prepared to say. 

It was still a daft bet,  but that is the risk we take. 

• Like 1

Cheers Everyone 

Bollocks were put on the line today and not just the once 

A Toast Frankie Dettori 

CHEERS! 

20220616_171155.jpg

• Get In There! 2
  • Keeeeemon! 1

Had a very nice touch on Micky Hammond's runner with Brian Hughes up in the 15:55 at Market Rasen 

Can't find the pic on my phone,  if it shows up I'll happily upload 

It was a very good day

Nuff said. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blacko said:

PEACH SCHNAPPS 🧐

I feel a bit exotic 

Sexy 

I feel sexy 

7 hours ago, Denman said:

and I still love you. 

DxSYduGW0AAMh_6.jpg

6 hours ago, Blacko said:

This fellas is too placid, either it’s someone pretending to be him or Denmans getting his hole these days.

Ever went to any P2P meetings ?