philinvicta

Does Horseracing have a future in the UK

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Chrissy_M said:

🤔 No I'm not that old 🤣🤣🤣🤣 We did have to get the results from teletext though if not at the bookies (or sometimes my dad would use the landline phone much to mum's horror!! 🤣🤣) !! 

Sorry lass, saw this image and thought it was you until I noticed the board stated 1974.. it's probably  @Jok3st3r.

image.thumb.png.9a41ac2c85cb0882cf4edd3c8aa83a9f.png

Edited by Blacko
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, david1111 said:

National day was a nightmare for regular punters in the shop.

I bet it was lol

Wheres windy Miller gone?

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Jok3st3r said:

@Blacko nope, i wasnt born then 

Are you even old enough to gamble :JMC:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VillaLad said:

Are you even old enough to gamble :JMC:

Sometimes I wish I wasn't 

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheBingoKingx said:

poofs 

:face_with_monocle:

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 13/04/2022 at 21:39, Blacko said:

Sorry lass, saw this image and thought it was you until I noticed the board stated 1974.. it's probably  @Jok3st3r.

image.thumb.png.9a41ac2c85cb0882cf4edd3c8aa83a9f.png

I am that old and remember it well . In the 70s it was hard to see across the room for the cigarette smoke , the tannoy blaring out the price changes and the races being called ..... thousands of losing tickets on the floor , and groups of old men chatting and moaning about anything and everything .....but we had a laugh in those days and racing was fun. Now its just about money .... and the atmosphere has gone, and most of the old men just stay at home now . 

Edited by Solario333

2 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

I am that old and remember it well . In the 70s it was hard to see across the room for the cigarette smoke , the tannoy blaring out the price changes and the races being called ..... thousands of losing tickets on the floor , and groups of old men chatting and moaning about anything and everything .....but we had a laugh in those days and racing was fun. Now its just about money .... and the atmosphere has gone, and most of the old men just stay at home now . 

Do you remember Lanark racecourse?, think it closed in the late 70s, I occasionally walk the dog round it and it still has the old pricing board ( think that’s what it is ).

556D90C1-5EE5-476C-B901-59EB050822AE.jpeg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Do you remember Lanark racecourse?, think it closed in the late 70s, I occasionally walk the dog round it and it still has the old pricing board ( think that’s what it is ).

556D90C1-5EE5-476C-B901-59EB050822AE.jpeg

Although I have spent some time in Glasgow I did journey to Oban and spent many days on balloch and Loch Lomond … it was lovely apart from the midges … !! 

I believe that once we see the introduction of a universal basic income and they slowly tie social credit scoring into the mix we will be limited as to how much we can spend on gambling per month. That will see horse racing become decimated.