The Ukraine situation

Blacko

12 minutes ago, Blacko said:

The Americans recently have been developing a system where they crash spacecraft onto asteroids sending the object away from colliding with Earth, that to me is major progress on protecting Earth from catastrophic consequences. Putin on the other hand is a beady eyed coward who is itching to use those mini nuclear missiles and he will get away with it, how far does he push things after that?

I saw that, watched the stream but hardman you realize that Russia was providing trips to the international space station after 2011 before Musk made his new rockets so USA could go to the space station alone again? Also look up history of Russian space programs, they did a ton for that and that alone contributed a lot to humanity. Well Russia and USA both did because of competition so the progress was faster. Also that does not excuse them dropping those bomb and killing more than 200 000 innocent people in Japan. They deleted 2 whole cities from the planet but yet they are the heroes and protectors our time and everyone is defending them and praise them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

56bb17928607a435d41870aeefaa37a1.jpg

Dont tell me I lost you to the media propaganda. The truth is in the middle and the "bad guys" are on our side as well(western countries). They are all at fault and everyone is doing this for their own interested and no one gives a fuck about the people in between.

Why is no one judging for the bomb and drone strikes that are still active with help of USA and UK right now in Yemen. No one is talking about that, there are hardly any news about it. But thats okay, they are not in Europe so no one gives a fuck about those people. Its all about Putin and Russia just because media is telling us that.

• Keeemon 1

56 minutes ago, Blacko said:

The Americans recently have been developing a system where they crash spacecraft onto asteroids sending the object away from colliding with Earth, that to me is major progress on protecting Earth from catastrophic consequences. Putin on the other hand is a beady eyed coward who is itching to use those mini nuclear missiles and he will get away with it, how far does he push things after that?

This is a classic example of what I said in the other post about having to find projects that soak up trillions of Dollars to offload everything they have to print to keep the game going. Crashing rockets into astroids, Space Force, UFO defence, Mining minerals on space asteroids etc.  Once you see helicopter money you know the end game is near and the stimi checks in the US and cost of living handouts in the UK are both helicopter money but they will never give enough to really improve the circumstances of us plebs.  There are far better rackets that trillions can be diverted to.

1 minute ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

Have you seen those ones where they all read off the exact same script.

Yes, that's why I wrote that no one should blindly follow mainstream media. This is also the main reason why there are so many putin supporters in russia.

4 hours ago, crazyrightmeow said:

I saw that, watched the stream but hardman you realize that Russia was providing trips to the international space station after 2011 before Musk made his new rockets so USA could go to the space station alone again? Also look up history of Russian space programs, they did a ton for that and that alone contributed a lot to humanity. Well Russia and USA both did because of competition so the progress was faster. Also that does not excuse them dropping those bomb and killing more than 200 000 innocent people in Japan. They deleted 2 whole cities from the planet but yet they are the heroes and protectors our time and everyone is defending them and praise them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

56bb17928607a435d41870aeefaa37a1.jpg

Dont tell me I lost you to the media propaganda. The truth is in the middle and the "bad guys" are on our side as well(western countries). They are all at fault and everyone is doing this for their own interested and no one gives a fuck about the people in between.

Why is no one judging for the bomb and drone strikes that are still active with help of USA and UK right now in Yemen. No one is talking about that, there are hardly any news about it. But thats okay, they are not in Europe so no one gives a fuck about those people. Its all about Putin and Russia just because media is telling us that.

The reason given for dropping those two bombs  was that many more would die if the USA  had to fight the Japanese Island by Island   as there was no way they were going to surrender without the shock and awe.  They were not so worried about how many Japanese were going to die but how many of their own soldiers would die. If the Nazis had achieved atomic bombs they would have used them to force the surrender of the Allies  and I believe they were very close not to mention some of the other weaponry they were close to having by the end of war so as jet fighters.   This is what the film The Heroes of Telemark is about   the destruction of the heavy water factory .   I saw a documentary that lifted some of the containers from the sunken ferry.  People had said that there was no way that the factory was producing a quality product and it was probably propaganda that the Germans were close  but tests on the containers contents showed it was a viable product for use in Nuclear energy.   The Russians also had plans for a nuclear bomb as early as 1942.

Both  Russia and USA  fought to get the Nazi Germany rocket scientists out of Germany and into their own countries and to use their knowledge for their own benefits  and this lead to the space race as both sides knew they were starting from the same point.

With regards to Yemen it is very bad the level of hardship on the Yemen civilian  population and  many are suffering from famine conditions. The  population of major European countries do not care in the same way as they show little real interest in many conflicts is because it does not affect their day to day life.  The Ukrainian invasion has led to shortages of commodities which most people had no idea  that their  supermarket suppliers relied on and that so much of world supplies came from Ukraine and Russia  such as  wheat for bread  and major supplies of fertilisers that their own farmers relied on to produce food in their own countries not to mention cooking oil  and the Gas and Oil,  No doubt many in the UK still thought that all their gas and oil supplies came from the North Sea and even though they do get a lot of North Sea gas it comes not from UK fields but Norwegian ones.

People were the same with  any conflict in the past  if it did not affect them through food supplies or energy costs or people they knew being killed or wounded they were happy to just read about it in the papers and not really think through why it was all happening. Even during the early period of the First World War  the majority of the population were totally unaware of the horrors that were happening in France and went on with their daily business as though they were not at war.

As always it is politicians that start wars but very few of them see action but they send off their "proxies"  ie service men and woman to actually pay the price. Plenty of Russians seem to be against going off to the Ukraine to fight for Putin. Crazy thing is many of these people are not leaving Russia because they do not believe in the mighty Russia or that the Ukrainian invasion was wrong  they are leaving because Putin is saying it is time for you to put your life on the line.  Many off them have seen the amount of trained soldiers coming home in coffins and said "not for me".  It is very hard to find people who will just willingly lay down their life for the "Mother Country" as many of previous generations all over the world seem prepared to do. Many will sign up to protect  their homeland   and  fair play to all those Ukrainians who have signed up and gone to fight .

• Keeemon 1

10 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

The reason given for dropping those two bombs  was that many more would die if the USA  had to fight the Japanese Island by Island   as there was no way they were going to surrender without the shock and awe.  They were not so worried about how many Japanese were going to die but how many of their own soldiers would die. If the Nazis had achieved atomic bombs they would have used them to force the surrender of the Allies  and I believe they were very close not to mention some of the other weaponry they were close to having by the end of war so as jet fighters.   This is what the film The Heroes of Telemark is about   the destruction of the heavy water factory .   I saw a documentary that lifted some of the containers from the sunken ferry.  People had said that there was no way that the factory was producing a quality product and it was probably propaganda that the Germans were close  but tests on the containers contents showed it was a viable product for use in Nuclear energy.   The Russians also had plans for a nuclear bomb as early as 1942.

Both  Russia and USA  fought to get the Nazi Germany rocket scientists out of Germany and into their own countries and to use their knowledge for their own benefits  and this lead to the space race as both sides knew they were starting from the same point.

With regards to Yemen it is very bad the level of hardship on the Yemen civilian  population and  many are suffering from famine conditions. The  population of major European countries do not care in the same way as they show little real interest in many conflicts is because it does not affect their day to day life.  The Ukrainian invasion has led to shortages of commodities which most people had no idea  that their  supermarket suppliers relied on and that so much of world supplies came from Ukraine and Russia  such as  wheat for bread  and major supplies of fertilisers that their own farmers relied on to produce food in their own countries not to mention cooking oil  and the Gas and Oil,  No doubt many in the UK still thought that all their gas and oil supplies came from the North Sea and even though they do get a lot of North Sea gas it comes not from UK fields but Norwegian ones.

People were the same with  any conflict in the past  if it did not affect them through food supplies or energy costs or people they knew being killed or wounded they were happy to just read about it in the papers and not really think through why it was all happening. Even during the early period of the First World War  the majority of the population were totally unaware of the horrors that were happening in France and went on with their daily business as though they were not at war.

As always it is politicians that start wars but very few of them see action but they send off their "proxies"  ie service men and woman to actually pay the price. Plenty of Russians seem to be against going off to the Ukraine to fight for Putin. Crazy thing is many of these people are not leaving Russia because they do not believe in the mighty Russia or that the Ukrainian invasion was wrong  they are leaving because Putin is saying it is time for you to put your life on the line.  Many off them have seen the amount of trained soldiers coming home in coffins and said "not for me".  It is very hard to find people who will just willingly lay down their life for the "Mother Country" as many of previous generations all over the world seem prepared to do. Many will sign up to protect  their homeland   and  fair play to all those Ukrainians who have signed up and gone to fight .

They can stick that reason inside them, no one should ever use nuclear weapons ever. The suffering people have to live with spreads through decades from the radiation. Yep thats true, nazi scientist were the ones who brought up NASA after ww2 but a lot of people dont know that. I wont even say anything about Yemen and what is happening there, It is very sad. Yea but that is the problem now and when the war stops all the trades will go back to normal no matter who has Ukraine. Money will be always made with anyone. Just like Japan is now bff and is trading with US just like that few years from now country will do business with Russia again and we will see politicians smile and shaking hands all over TV.

Yep, like I said before people are only seeing and judging things now when its by their door and its effecting them directly. Meanwhile there are wars far worse than this one going on constantly for the last decades and kids are dying every day. But they dont care about that, but now...now they want to take the moral stand, aha.

There will be always enough boots on all sides sadly. People never learn that they are fighting and dying for money and power of the few people on the top.
I say fair play to those Ukrainians who I play daily against pokerstars and the ones I saw chilling on the beach in Croatia and all over the country where I live. Why die for the politicians and their hunger of money and power. People never get what they deserve and when they need help your country is saying fuck you and that is even worse in countries like Ukraine.  Its not about fighting for people and country and for sure not for Ukraine either it is for the US and company which is even worse.

• Keeemon 1

I wouldn't say people don't care about wars in other countries. It's mostly not understanding and helplessness. Or maybe it's just me.

Edited by Fudge

44 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

London, New York, Washington and Moscow would have been no more if Hitler had access to the Manhattan project, Hitler was offered the opportunity to use jet engines in the Luftwaffe and dismissed it ( it now makes sense why they decided not to assassinate him even though a British sniper was hiding in the grounds of the Wolves lair ). 

• Keeemon 1

3 hours ago, Fudge said:

I wouldn't say people don't care about wars in other countries. It's mostly not understanding and helplessness. Or maybe it's just me.

Well it was pretty clear people dont care about that when a ton of people ran from Syria and similar countries (where the world was bombing and shooting them) to Europe and we know what was the public reaction to that. Im not saying everyone is like that but I think a lot of people dont care about middle east at all.
But I agree that there are a lot of people like you said as well.

@philinvicta What do you make out of Nord Stream pipeline sabotage?

In my uneducated opinion it doesn't make sense for either side to do it when it comes to risk/reward, but apparently russia did something similar in Georgia. I understand that U.S. is likely to gain most from it, but at the same time it's something so incredibly risky if caught that I can't imagine them actually doing it.

49 minutes ago, Fudge said:

@philinvicta What do you make out of Nord Stream pipeline sabotage?

In my uneducated opinion it doesn't make sense for either side to do it when it comes to risk/reward, but apparently russia did something similar in Georgia. I understand that U.S. is likely to gain most from it, but at the same time it's something so incredibly risky if caught that I can't imagine them actually doing it.

I doubt we will know who did it but I am sure with all the monitoring  by government agencies  they would have an idea who did it .  The fact that the  earthquake monitors picked up quickly the fact it was not an accident but an explosion  to put out there it  was sabotage  also means  they wanted the news out there  but in the modern age it would be difficult to keep it quiet anyway.

I think it will be important to see if any attempt to repair it  is made as the gas and sea water pressure equalises because I read if the sea water gets in the pipes will never be of use again.

I think that Russia under Putin felt they had nothing to lose as the EU and Germans were making sure they were getting gas from elsewhere  and have  just destroyed the pipe to make sure no future  gas could flow under a later regime.

The Americans  are benefiting from supplying Europe with LNG   so are making money from doing this ( as they have from supplying Europe during past conflicts)

Could even be someone like Iran who are  looking to get back into the markets to supply oil and gas  world markets other than China . Iran has very large reserves of gas  it also  diverts news away from recent events in that country.

Plenty of others could  benefit from the pipelines   being out of action  including   China as this puts pressure on Western economies especially Europe.

Could be other places like Chechnya    there  are plenty of places that have no love for Europe /NATO  and would be happy to cause more problems for their economies. Also many middle east countries  that are moving away from the traditional European and US  allies with money flowing from Russian and Chinese interests.

There is also the fact that another new pipeline which supplied Europe with gas also opened in the same area  so if it was to cause  economic hardship by cutting off European  gas supplies one might have thought they might have had a go at that as well.  I am pretty sure some sort of monitoring equipment will be put in place on other pipelines  PDQ anyway

Edited by philinvicta

On 30/09/2022 at 02:17, crazyrightmeow said:

Well it was pretty clear people dont care about that when a ton of people ran from Syria and similar countries (where the world was bombing and shooting them) to Europe and we know what was the public reaction to that. Im not saying everyone is like that but I think a lot of people dont care about middle east at all.

Good to see you're still on here talking sense, I've given up 😂

• Puke! 1

On 30/09/2022 at 04:17, crazyrightmeow said:

From what I remember, the problem with Syrian refugees that arrived in Europe is that around three quarters of them were male that didn't want to integrate. There was a lot of negative press about them being ungrateful and causing trouble.

@philinvicta what’s the odds on Russia using nuclear weapons on Ukraine?, everyone seems to think it’s imminent. Surely it can’t be acceptable to illegally invade a country and resort to using a nuclear option even if it’s on a smaller scale. It seems the Kremlin threaten the West with catastrophic consequences on a weekly basis with no reply, are we being diplomatic or should we make the Russian public aware of the fatal consequences they will endure under their leaders actions. 

• Keeemon 1

2 hours ago, Blacko said:

@philinvicta what’s the odds on Russia using nuclear weapons on Ukraine?, everyone seems to think it’s imminent. Surely it can’t be acceptable to illegally invade a country and resort to using a nuclear option even if it’s on a smaller scale. It seems the Kremlin threaten the West with catastrophic consequences on a weekly basis with no reply, are we being diplomatic or should we make the Russian public aware of the fatal consequences they will endure under their leaders actions. 

I think if they do, it will go in stages.

We'll hear about them moving them around to cause fear, then they may *test* near open waters to instill more fear. 

If they can't get the western world to back off doing that, the next step would be nuclear on a rural areas with minimal casualties to show they will. Then.. maybe.

But alot will happen between then. Just my 2ps worth.

I'm closely watching the China/Taiwan situation too.

• Keeemon 2

3 hours ago, Blacko said:

It has been made pretty clear that if they use nuclear weapons  that many western allies will step up  actions against Russia  and may get involved. pretty sure the Poles  and some others would gladly accept a reason to get involved.

• Keeemon 2