Blacko

The Ukraine situation

What’s people’s take on Russia’s hostility towards the Ukraine? Troops poised on the borders ready to invade whilst the Americans have armed the Ukrainians with anti tank and air strike weapons. I know in the past Russia has delivered empty threats but this situation is looking more serious by the day. Surely in these modern times we can let countries invade a smaller country to claim as its own, that happened with Poland in 39 and didn’t turn out well for anyone. I am neither pro or anti Russian but have been following this situation with interest. Maybe @andywilliams1187 will need to pull the uniform back on and go into combat armed with his trusty Tetley bitter glass ashtray.

• Haha 2

Guest andywilliams1187

Its a strange situation over there at the moment mate. I know it's not good for the crypto market and bitcoin investors are watching with interest lol. 

Will all depends on what happens next. If Russia invade Ukraine, all eyes will be on NATO. Ukraine is not part of NATO (and russia wants to keep it that way) so if they get involved, they run the risk of China/North Korea (which is were you will have to do some work) into the conflict as well, which potentially results in WW3 kicking off. The US/UK threatening to sanction Russia is never a good idea, especially when Putin can just turn the gas supply off. 

Edited by andywilliams1187

1 minute ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Its a strange situation over there at the moment mate. I know it's not good for the crypto market and bitcoin investors are watching with interest lol. 

Will all depends on what happens next. If Russia invade Ukraine, all eyes will be on NATO. Ukraine is not part of NATO so if they get involved, they run the risk of China/North Korea (which is were you will have to do some work) into the conflict as well, which potentially results in WW3 kicking off. The US/UK threatening to sanction Russia is never a good idea, especially when Putin can just turn the gas supply off. 

I don’t like that fact that Putin is constantly pushing everyone’s buttons and effectively trying to throw his weight. Russian jets flying off the coast of Scotland, naval exercises off the Irish coast, shooting down passenger planes among countless other things. 

Guest andywilliams1187
Just now, Blacko said:

I don’t like that fact that Putin is constantly pushing everyone’s buttons and effectively trying to throw his weight. Russian jets flying off the coast of Scotland, naval exercises off the Irish coast, shooting down passenger planes among countless other things. 

I know mate, but he does it to take the piss. He has had issues with for years with UK/US troops supplying Ukraine, carrying out combat drills/training etc. It's his way of getting back at them. 

Don't forget they have been arguing about the Ukraine since 2014. 

4 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

I know mate, but he does it to take the piss. He has had issues with for years with UK/US troops supplying Ukraine, carrying out combat drills/training etc. It's his way of getting back at them. 

If he decides to attack does that then mean that Scotland doesn’t have to play Ukraine in the World Cup qualifiers 🧐

• Hmmm 1

Guest andywilliams1187
27 minutes ago, Blacko said:

If he decides to attack does that then mean that Scotland doesn’t have to play Ukraine in the World Cup qualifiers 🧐

I am pretty sure that is the current sticking point in the negotiations mate. 

The only opinion I may have on this unfortunate situation is clearly that all outcomes must be peaceful , and therefore sabre rattling by both the USA and Russia is pointless, unnecessary and historically dangerous. if as a result the UK is stupid enough to land troops in Ukraine , and to defend a purposeless  war ,then anything could happen, and a result , not dissimilar to the wasted wars in Afghanistan, may ensue ; as good men and women die for no reason, save the political egos of narrow vested interest . It is time that peace ruled and small men with big ambitions were challenged and defeated by common sense. 

Edited by Solario333
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Well Europe and the USA did very little that affected him after he retook the Crimea in 2014.   I read somewhere that it could be that he is just trying to get hold of Donbass and then the separatists there would take the land on the coast up to the Crimea  which would mean he had control of all of the Sea of Azov.

Putin has been testing  all around the UK to see what our reaction times etc are like  .  the EU making threats of sanctions will mean nothing to Putin as  he knows they  cannot agree on things and have no army  and also have done nothing but bitch about the fact he is not sending enough gas recently so what will happen if he cuts it off.  I know it will mean a loss of income for Putin but high recent  prices mean he will have a war chest  and also  he will be able to sell his gas and oil to outside of Europe to nations who could not care less about NATO and the EU.

It would be unlikely that the US would be able to ship enough LNG  to Europe to keep its industry going on top of the fuel needed to heat homes etc.

I am sure that Putin and his strategists know what will come their way  and what to do to survive it  and also  what is likely to happen if they take the Ukraine  a bite at the time rather than all in one go.

It could also mean China moving into Taiwan at the same time when eyes are elsewhere .

31 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

It could also mean China moving into Taiwan at the same time when eyes are elsewhere

Good point !

2 hours ago, Blacko said:

You sound scared bigman 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solario333 said:

if as a result the UK is stupid enough to land troops in Ukraine 

I think that's unfortunately a given as our illustrious leader Boris has already said we will be one of first to step up

• Agree 1

More bs, covid ain't scaring people anymore so gotta come up with something new to keep yall worried. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I dont agree with any side on this situation but...
All the empty threats from every side so I dont think anything will happen. New situation the same bullshit every year regarding US+EU against Russia.

Even if Russia would invade Ukraine there wouldnt be much action from other countries imo.
Just imagine thinking USA with anyone else can take on Russia while China has their back.
They have to do all these sanctions and threats for the show.

Imo WW3 would\will not be with rockets and military actions anyways(there would not be as much impact anyways with all the attack\defense systems that leading countries have). Its all about taking down countries from the inside. Hacking, infiltrated sleeping spies on top positions, weakening economy etc.
By the looks of it on most of the fronts China is currently #1. Sure US\EU are trying to paint different picture to the people but just one look at the numbers on many different fields will show you crystal clear picture.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, crazyrightmeow said:

I dont agree with any side on this situation but...
All the empty threats from every side so I dont think anything will happen. New situation the same bullshit every year regarding US+EU against Russia.

Even if Russia would invade Ukraine there wouldnt be much action from other countries imo.
Just imagine thinking USA with anyone else can take on Russia while China has their back.
They have to do all these sanctions and threats for the show.

Imo WW3 would\will not be with rockets and military actions anyways(there would not be as much impact anyways with all the attack\defense systems that leading countries have). Its all about taking down countries from the inside. Hacking, infiltrated sleeping spies on top positions, weakening economy etc.
By the looks of it on most of the fronts China is currently #1. Sure US\EU are trying to paint different picture to the people but just one look at the numbers on many different fields will show you crystal clear picture.

The old quote from during the Bikini Atoll  tests  when a Lieutenant  overheard a group of journalists debating what weapons were likely to be used in WW3   "I have no idea what weapons will be used -  but if there is a WW3   then WW4 will likely be fought with bows and arrows and spears"

I would imagine that all the modern weapon systems rely on electricity and computerisation  and so the answer will be that initial targets will need to be on knocking out the defence systems before launching an attack of missiles.

If Europe and USA do not wake up quickly they will find that the majority of the world will be more influenced by China and Russia than Western ideals due to the money they are pumping into Africa and South America.

Surely nobody believes sleepy Joe is likely to do anything that may be considered a risk to the USA

Edited by philinvicta
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

The old quote from during the Bikini Atoll  tests  when a Lieutenant  overheard a group of journalists debating what weapons were likely to be used in WW3   "I have no idea what weapons will be used -  but if there is a WW3   then WW4 will likely be fought with bows and arrows and spears"

I would imagine that all the modern weapon systems rely on electricity and computerisation  and so the answer will be that initial targets will need to be on knocking out the defence systems before launching an attack of missiles.

If Europe and USA do not wake up quickly they will find that the majority of the world will be more influenced by China and Russia than Western ideals due to the money they are pumping into Africa and South America.

Surely nobody believes sleepy Joe is likely to do anything that may be considered a risk to the USA

Those defensive systems has their own electricity sources and all the stuff they need to operate it so its impossible to target it from the outside that way and the only weakness is probably the cost when you actually use them because its expensive as fuck. Just look at the the Iron Dome or other C-RAM systems and just imagine what other systems exists that we "regular" people never saw in any news\videos. They have drone swarms and lasers and who knows what else to destroy missiles\rockets etc. shit like we were watching in sci-fi movies and didnt think they are possible in real life.

Sleepy Joe hahhaha. 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Blacko said:

What’s people’s take on Russia’s hostility towards the Ukraine? Troops poised on the borders ready to invade whilst the Americans have armed the Ukrainians with anti tank and air strike weapons. I know in the past Russia has delivered empty threats but this situation is looking more serious by the day. Surely in these modern times we can let countries invade a smaller country to claim as its own, that happened with Poland in 39 and didn’t turn out well for anyone. I am neither pro or anti Russian but have been following this situation with interest. Maybe @andywilliams1187 will need to pull the uniform back on and go into combat armed with his trusty Tetley bitter glass ashtray.

Americans have armed all easy Europe not only Ukrainians 😂 

News at 10 tonight reporting from the Winter Olympics, apparently the Chinese and Russians have more or less accused the west of being bellends who will not stop them having their way!, everything about the Chinese statement came across as a threat. How much longer are the West going to tolerate these bullying tactics?, sleepy Joe is over in the Oval Office with his head in another planet.. 

13 hours ago, Blacko said:

News at 10 tonight reporting from the Winter Olympics, apparently the Chinese and Russians have more or less accused the west of being bellends who will not stop them having their way!, everything about the Chinese statement came across as a threat. How much longer are the West going to tolerate these bullying tactics?, sleepy Joe is over in the Oval Office with his head in another planet.. 

When was the last time that Western Nations  actually took effective action in any of the recent conflicts.  There are wars in Syria and Yemen that they are doing nothing  about  as well as other conflicts.

They did nothing to help the Kurds  or  the Yazidis  in Iraq

They left behind another disaster in Afghanistan,

As mentioned earlier they did nothing to stop Russia retaking the Crimea  and Biden  says that he expects them to take part of Ukraine!

The war in the Balkans  NATO forces  were not allowed to do anything except to defend themselves and had to stand and watch as huge numbers of people were killed.

China bullying Taiwan and Tibet   and leaders afraid to refer to Taiwan in case it upsets the Chinese.

On top of this many Western nations have reduced there Military capabilities  to an extent where Ireland  chiefs admitted that they could do nothing to defend their territory if the Russians wanted to carry out their war games.  it took a visit by fishermen to get it moved after they explained about the damage to their fishing grounds.

The British would take a lot longer to retake the Falklands if Argentina invaded now.

The EU can only make threats of sanctions  when they over rely on theses nations for a lot of their  resources. They do not have an army and even if they did they would take too long to agree on anything  for it to intervene. 

Iran  and North Korea not afraid  so why would the Russians and Chinese take any notice.

I know a many of the current generation  do not believe in any sort of violence but it is of no use if the person you are encountering does.  It always used to be the case of the other party had to know that you would  defend yourself vigorously  to prevent them doing something against you  in the first place.  Even in the 2nd world war  being neutral did not stop nations being invaded by an aggressor. 

I am not saying it is right  but I do not see much that Western nations have done this century  that would show the Russians and Chinese they cannot do as they please.

• Agree 1

Be interesting to see all the fat baldy wankers who struggle to walk 100 metres defending the UK, they’re always quite sure that’s what they would do when they slag off refugees. They would stand up and be counted. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Be interesting to see all the fat baldy wankers

Well that covers half of TGC for a start.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

When was the last time that Western Nations  actually took effective action in any of the recent conflicts.  There are wars in Syria and Yemen that they are doing nothing  about  as well as other conflicts.

They did nothing to help the Kurds  or  the Yazidis  in Iraq

They left behind another disaster in Afghanistan,

As mentioned earlier they did nothing to stop Russia retaking the Crimea  and Biden  says that he expects them to take part of Ukraine!

The war in the Balkans  NATO forces  were not allowed to do anything except to defend themselves and had to stand and watch as huge numbers of people were killed.

China bullying Taiwan and Tibet   and leaders afraid to refer to Taiwan in case it upsets the Chinese.

On top of this many Western nations have reduced there Military capabilities  to an extent where Ireland  chiefs admitted that they could do nothing to defend their territory if the Russians wanted to carry out their war games.  it took a visit by fishermen to get it moved after they explained about the damage to their fishing grounds.

The British would take a lot longer to retake the Falklands if Argentina invaded now.

The EU can only make threats of sanctions  when they over rely on theses nations for a lot of their  resources. They do not have an army and even if they did they would take too long to agree on anything  for it to intervene. 

Iran  and North Korea not afraid  so why would the Russians and Chinese take any notice.

I know a many of the current generation  do not believe in any sort of violence but it is of no use if the person you are encountering does.  It always used to be the case of the other party had to know that you would  defend yourself vigorously  to prevent them doing something against you  in the first place.  Even in the 2nd world war  being neutral did not stop nations being invaded by an aggressor. 

I am not saying it is right  but I do not see much that Western nations have done this century  that would show the Russians and Chinese they cannot do as they please.

The West is selling arms to the Saudis to aid them in thier war in Yemen so they are not sitting idly by and as for Syria they kicked off the entire unrest in the region to begin with in order to get their gas pipelines running through Syria because Al-Assad said no to their proposals, investigte "Genie oil" and their plans for the region.

Russia had to retake Crimea as that was their only access to the Black Sea so they had no choice but to act.  This Ukraine invasion narrative I think is just a distraction, taking and holding territory in a war is massively costly and I can't see it happening.  IMO it's just "don't look over here, look over there muhRussia!"  Remeber all the endless Trump + Russia narrative which they now admit was just BS to tie his hands and stop him furthering relations with Russia.

As for China I'm not sure what the deal is with them,  a few decades ago The City of London wanted access to Islamic finance and the deal they struck was the proliferation of Mosques throughout the entire UK, the Saudis would foot the bill but they had to agree to them going up throughout the land.  This was done without any consent by the British people and the City of London now wants in on the Chinese Belt and Road Initiative so I have no idea what price they are demanding in return. 

Edited by Mad Slasher McGurk

39 minutes ago, RB91 said:

Be interesting to see all the fat baldy wankers who struggle to walk 100 metres defending the UK, they’re always quite sure that’s what they would do when they slag off refugees. They would stand up and be counted. 

What chance would we stand anyway! the Russians are all built like brick shithouses plus the Chinese vastly outnumber us, I can imagine me having a scrap with a hundred Chinamen with nothing but @andywilliams1187 Tetley bitter ashtray in my hand.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blacko said:

What chance would we stand anyway! the Russians are all built like brick shithouses plus the Chinese vastly outnumber us, I can imagine me having a scrap with a hundred Chinamen with nothing but @andywilliams1187 Tetley bitter ashtray in my hand.

i-must-break-you.jpg.eb42377f2b8ab4309fe148f588679d48.jpg

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Mad Slasher McGurk said:

The West is selling arms to the Saudis to aid them in thier war in Yemen so they are not sitting idly by and as for Syria they kicked off the entire unrest in the region to begin with in order to get their gas pipelines running through Syria because Al-Assad said no to their proposals, investigte "Genie oil" and their plans for the region.

Russia had to retake Crimea as that was their only access to the Black Sea so they had no choice but to act.  This Ukraine invasion narrative I think is just a distraction, taking and holding territory in a war is massively costly and I can't see it happening.  IMO it's just "don't look over here, look over there muhRussia!"  Remeber all the endless Trump + Russia narrative which they now admit was just BS to tie his hands and stop him furthering relations with Russia.

As for China I'm not sure what the deal is with them,  a few decades ago The City of London wanted access to Islamic finance and the deal they struck was the proliferation of Mosques throughout the entire UK, the Saudis would foot the bill but they had to agree to them going up throughout the land.  This was done without any consent by the British people and the City of London now wants in on the Chinese Belt and Road Initiative so I have no idea what price they are demanding in return. 

The West and in particular the UK have been selling arms to the Saudis for many years before Yemen  although once again it is about oil supplies  and disagreement between Saudi and Iran.

it is weird to me to justify  Russia taking Crimea which is in another  country as it is needed for Black Sea access.  It would be like Scotland declaring independence and then the rest of the UK attacking to take back the naval bases.