What RTP of slots is acceptable to you?

HenryThelegend

16 hours ago, Solario333 said:

Perversely some of the 94% often seem to pay better than the 96.2 % !! so I will play any that I have won above 94% !!

I avoid Jackpot or daily jackpot slots , as they don't represent value at all !! 

I avoid certain providers also .

I feel 94% is a little low tbh. I think 94.5%+ though, is fine. I just think 94% is a bit stingy!

1 hour ago, david1111 said:

I didn't take a lot of notice of rtps when I used to play.

I maybe should have done but would .5 make that much difference 

I think it does. You have to flip the numbers round. For example, most play n go slots are roughly 94% but there are some that are roughly 94.5%. 

That difference is 6% house edge vs 5.5% house edge.

So that means the 5.5% game is roughly 10% cheaper. Imagine if you go to a shop and something is 10% off, that is a decent discount. You get roughly 10% more play.

You also have to have the cut off somewhere. I personally think slots should have 95% rtp online. Then you are talking 6% edge vs 5% each which is a big difference of 15-20%

• Keeemon 2

2 hours ago, david1111 said:

I wonder how many people even bother looking. I know the Bandit mentioned once he never does

I’ve never checked the rtp on an online slot and wouldn’t know how to even find it. Saying that I’m not that big of a slot player and just play slots I enjoy when I do play.

4 hours ago, david1111 said:

I wonder how many people even bother looking. I know the Bandit mentioned once he never does

The ones that are loaded are probably never checking. 😂

I always check RTP and mostly play 95%+.
Sometimes I play those with 92%(jackpot ones) as well but I dont give them a ton of spins, just for the 0.0000001% chance.🤣

7 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

Sometimes I play those with 92%(jackpot ones) as well but I dont give them a ton of spins, just for the 0.0000001% chance.🤣

Exactly mate, that small chance. That's why gamblers play them and don't really give a toss about rtps. It's all about spinning just on the off chance.

Also when I had my head in the bonanza mine 24/7 I couldn't care less about rtp.

It could have stood for right tosser playing

Edited by david1111
  • Keeemon 1

3 hours ago, crazyrightmeow said:

So do the slots like Rainbow Jackpots with a 93.9% rtp not include the jackpots?

17 hours ago, david1111 said:

Exactly mate, that small chance. That's why gamblers play them and don't really give a toss about rtps. It's all about spinning just on the off chance.

Also when I had my head in the bonanza mine 24/7 I couldn't care less about rtp.

It could have stood for right tosser playing

I think it is worth caring about it if you like to get an amount of enjoyment out of your money.

For example if you play a 97% slot you will get over twice the play time than out of a 94% slot.

So, to me, it makes sense to care about RTP. Not just about RTP as the enjoyment of the game matters too. 

But if I want to slot for 5 hours a week, then on a 97% slot at 40p spins that is going to cost me £60 a week. On a 94% slot it is going to cost me £120 a week. So over a year it would cost £3k instead of £6k. To me that is a lot of money I can then use for other things. 

RTP just defines how expensive a hobby slotting is.

• Keeemon 2

2 minutes ago, HenryThelegend said:

I think it is worth caring about it if you like to get an amount of enjoyment out of your money.

For example if you play a 97% slot you will get over twice the play time than out of a 94% slot.

So, to me, it makes sense to care about RTP. Not just about RTP as the enjoyment of the game matters too. 

But if I want to slot for 5 hours a week, then on a 97% slot at 40p spins that is going to cost me £60 a week. On a 94% slot it is going to cost me £120 a week. So over a year it would cost £3k instead of £6k. To me that is a lot of money I can then use for other things. 

RTP just defines how expensive a hobby slotting is.

Completely agree with you, but with me it was just about the playing.

That's the reason I no longer play them.

I finally realised if you can't play sensibly don't play at all

2 hours ago, david1111 said:

Completely agree with you, but with me it was just about the playing.

That's the reason I no longer play them.

I finally realised if you can't play sensibly don't play at all

This is the reason people like me n u are degenerates, we haven’t worked out how long we should play for, how much a week we spend, how many spins we should be getting for our money 🤦‍♂️ What a load of horse shit if your gonna let’s say play with £50 a week then just play if a slot is gonna pay it will regardless of RTP. 

RTP is return to player right? So if your spinning 60p and you win 10p you’ve still lost 50p so what’s the point in even looking at RTP just play what your willing to lose.

34 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

This is the reason people like me n u are degenerates, we haven’t worked out how long we should play for, how much a week we spend, how many spins we should be getting for our money 🤦‍♂️ What a load of horse shit if your gonna let’s say play with £50 a week then just play if a slot is gonna pay it will regardless of RTP. 

RTP is return to player right? So if your spinning 60p and you win 10p you’ve still lost 50p so what’s the point in even looking at RTP just play what your willing to lose.

You look at RTP because there is a huge difference in how much chance you have to win anything at 93% or 96% also bonuses on lower RTPs will be even more shittier than they already are.

3 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

You look at RTP because there is a huge difference in how much chance you have to win anything at 93% or 96% also bonuses on lower RTPs will be even more shittier than they already are.

But surely RTP will only matter to people who will be putting thousands of spins through. To the casual player it won’t make much difference at all 

1 minute ago, VillaLad said:

But surely RTP will only matter to people who will be putting thousands of spins through. To the casual player it won’t make much difference at all 

I just think it's for calculated gamblers who do the maths and want to give themselves the best chance of winning.

Personally, I didnt want to waste my spinning time by arsing around trying to find an rtp

5 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

It does a huge difference even for casual player as well because you will get less line wins and in bonuses you dont see as much 50x+ wins.

• Keeemon 2

2 hours ago, VillaLad said:

I think it makes a huge difference. For example, many times I have watched streamers on 94% Play n Go slots. And they just rarely pay in the bonuses. Having watched, I really notice the difference between a 94% and a 96% slot. Which isn't a surprise as its 50% more expensive to play a 94% slot. Which is a huge difference.

Edited by HenryThelegend
  • Keeemon 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think you really have to factor in volatility/std deviation into that thought process as well. Often you will find that those few percentage point differences are derived from incredibly long odds associated with the bigger wins. That .5% difference could be made up of a JP win in the 100s of millions odds range which for all intents and purposes is unlikely to ever be realised by a handful of people.

I'm not aware of any other form of fixed odds gambling where the odds are entirely obscured. And they are obscured for good reasons from a provider point - they are often ridiculously long which would probably put most people off.

I posted a graphic here once showing the difference in play based on RTP. It's obviously an over simplification but illustrates the point.

If you look at the analysis of the classical video slots (fixed reel bands) they tend to load up lower RTP slots which more lower paying wins and reduce the bigger wins.

• Keeemon 1