Cheltenham 2022 meet up?

VillaLad

On 10/11/2021 at 14:32, VillaLad said:

I don’t see why we can’t organise at least 2 meets a year 1 down south and 1 up north and give our Scottish friends a chance to attend. We could even change the venues each year so we get to go all over the place. There just needs to be sufficient interest from people here.

Always been told Musselburgh is worth a visit at some point, just never got round to it yet. Any scots recommend it?

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Always been told Musselburgh is worth a visit at some point, just never got round to it yet. Any scots recommend it?

It’s a small track pretty central to Edinburgh city centre, it’s also a popular little tourist spot with a haven caravan park which is alright. I would recommend it as a long weekend where you could take in the sights and also gave a day at the races.

• Keeemon 1

1 hour ago, Blacko said:

It’s a small track pretty central to Edinburgh city centre, it’s also a popular little tourist spot with a haven caravan park which is alright. I would recommend it as a long weekend where you could take in the sights and also gave a day at the races.

Yeah it’s just on the outskirts east side of Edinburgh if I remember right when I’ve drove past it. They do have some big meetings don’t they? Maybe we could sort a weekend up there with a day at the races included I’d be happy to bring the wife for the weekend 

38 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Yeah it’s just on the outskirts east side of Edinburgh if I remember right when I’ve drove past it. They do have some big meetings don’t they? Maybe we could sort a weekend up there with a day at the races included I’d be happy to bring the wife for the weekend 

No big meetings mate, bottom of the barrel stuff, it’s a lovely little track though. I would recommend It if there was a Northern meet-up all the same as it’s a lovely area of Scotland to visit, got to think of wives, husbands etc.. who may not share there partners love of gambling but have the chance to see the sights etc..

• Keeemon 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 14:32, VillaLad said:

I don’t see why we can’t organise at least 2 meets a year 1 down south and 1 up north and give our Scottish friends a chance to attend.

More chance of Blampy getting his trainers licence and me getting my NH Jockeys licence then us pairing up and going through the card at next years festival than most of the feckers on here crossing the border into Scotland. 

The only punk that ''might'' make it is @Gkell727 with his 50/50 Celtic Rangers top but the day he shows up with that style of jersey he's very unlikely to make it home again, not with the same kneecaps anyway. 

• Love 1

On 10/11/2021 at 15:42, Blacko said:

Yeah, something blew up and he asked Hackz to delete him or something like that, colourmeup left at the same time, I thought they would have come back on when the dust settled but apparently not.

I've had a health problem over the last few months, nothing too crazy but I'm just recovering from 2nd lot of surgery atm. Hope all is well with everyone.