Sign in to follow this  
jamesisaac17

New young gambler here.

Recommended Posts

Hi guys my name is James I live in Wales i'm broke and I've fully accepted myself as a gambling addict and the age of 19, I started gambling at about 16 and I've  been chasing my initial £10 loss for almost 3 years now   and I don't really have any plans of quitting anytime soon. I know its bad but I've tried many times to quit to no avail, you could say I enjoy gambling too much to quit but that's what all gamblers say . Enough with the gambling addiction rampage like i'm on a gamblers anon forum😂. My main poison is live roulette, blackjack and baccarat. not really into slots I just don't really enjoy them. I've been a regular viewer of Rocknrolla now for a year and love his table games content. I unfortunately wont be posting in the big wins section of this forum because I'm extremely unlucky and have never had a ''big win'' the biggest win I've had is £120 from £20 which is pretty sad considering I've racked up 3 figure's in losses.   feel free to ask questions (not like you'd want to) take care. 

 

 

Edited by jamesisaac17
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jamesisaac17 said:

Hi guys my name is James I live in Wales i'm broke and I've fully accepted myself as a gambling addict and the age of 19, I started gambling at about 16 and I've  been chasing my initial £10 loss for almost 3 years now   and I don't really have any plans of quitting anytime soon. I know its bad but I've tried many times to quit to no avail, you could say I enjoy gambling too much to quit but that's what all gamblers say . Enough with the gambling addiction rampage like i'm on a gamblers anon forum😂. My main poison is live roulette, blackjack and baccarat. not really into slots I just don't really enjoy them. I've been a regular viewer of Rocknrolla now for a year and love his table games content. I unfortunately wont be posting in the big wins section of this forum because I'm extremely unlucky and have never had a ''big win'' the biggest win I've had is £120 from £20 which is pretty sad considering I've racked up 3 figure's in losses.   feel free to ask questions (not like you'd want to) take care. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jamesisaac17 said:

Hi guys my name is James I live in Wales i'm broke and I've fully accepted myself as a gambling addict and the age of 19, I started gambling at about 16 and I've  been chasing my initial £10 loss for almost 3 years now   and I don't really have any plans of quitting anytime soon. I know its bad but I've tried many times to quit to no avail, you could say I enjoy gambling too much to quit but that's what all gamblers say . Enough with the gambling addiction rampage like i'm on a gamblers anon forum😂. My main poison is live roulette, blackjack and baccarat. not really into slots I just don't really enjoy them. I've been a regular viewer of Rocknrolla now for a year and love his table games content. I unfortunately wont be posting in the big wins section of this forum because I'm extremely unlucky and have never had a ''big win'' the biggest win I've had is £120 from £20 which is pretty sad considering I've racked up 3 figure's in losses.   feel free to ask questions (not like you'd want to) take care. 

 

 

Welcome mate!

3 figures in losses, I don't think there is a single person on here that wouldn't want to trade their loss numbers to yours, so see it as a blessing and fudge it all off before it gets worse! It can and will spiral out of control if you carry on this path, 19 mate try and focus on something else and put those blocks on which will help take some temptation away! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesisaac17 said:

Hi guys my name is James I live in Wales i'm broke and I've fully accepted myself as a gambling addict and the age of 19, I started gambling at about 16 and I've  been chasing my initial £10 loss for almost 3 years now   and I don't really have any plans of quitting anytime soon. I know its bad but I've tried many times to quit to no avail, you could say I enjoy gambling too much to quit but that's what all gamblers say . Enough with the gambling addiction rampage like i'm on a gamblers anon forum😂. My main poison is live roulette, blackjack and baccarat. not really into slots I just don't really enjoy them. I've been a regular viewer of Rocknrolla now for a year and love his table games content. I unfortunately wont be posting in the big wins section of this forum because I'm extremely unlucky and have never had a ''big win'' the biggest win I've had is £120 from £20 which is pretty sad considering I've racked up 3 figure's in losses.   feel free to ask questions (not like you'd want to) take care. 

 

 

3 figures in losses is nothing mate. You are still young and can take action and stop gambling before it goes out of hand and you feel how 5, 6, or even 7 figures losses are over your gambling years like a lot people on this forum have experience with.

If you already feel you are an addict and only lost that much then use gamstop, close down all the casino accounts and stop gambling before its too late for you.

Good luck.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Run for the Welsh hills and don’t stop to look back young man. You’ve got ur full life in front of you, don’t piss it all away gambling.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

Welcome mate!

3 figures in losses, I don't think there is a single person on here that wouldn't want to trade their loss numbers to yours, so see it as a blessing and fudge it all off before it gets worse! It can and will spiral out of control if you carry on this path, 19 mate try and focus on something else and put those blocks on which will help take some temptation away! 

Im really sorry I just realised I made a mistake when writing that, I meant to say 4 figures not 3 figures. Im down roughly £1,600. Need to correct that mistake. But honestly I'm already in the hole and I dont think I really have enough willpower to quit it completely. I do use deposit limits that help keep it as fun as possible but I've definitely had my major tilt, blow my pay check on the zero section days. take care 🙂 Also even if I did use gamstop I would find lots of other ways to gamble, crypto and CS:GO skins included. 

Edited by jamesisaac17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, crazyrightmeow said:

3 figures in losses is nothing mate. You are still young and can take action and stop gambling before it goes out of hand and you feel how 5, 6, or even 7 figures losses are over your gambling years like a lot people on this forum have experience with.

If you already feel you are an addict and only lost that much then use gamstop, close down all the casino accounts and stop gambling before its too late for you.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice. I actually just replied to Rocknrolla saying that I actually made a mistake when writing that post I meant to say 4 figures not 3 but what you are saying still applies to me. Thank man 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Run for the Welsh hills and don’t stop to look back young man. You’ve got ur full life in front of you, don’t piss it all away gambling.

😢😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jamesisaac17 said:

Im really sorry I just realised I made a mistake when writing that, I meant to say 4 figures not 3 figures. Im down roughly £1,600. Need to correct that mistake. But honestly I'm already in the hole and I dont think I really have enough willpower to quit it completely. I do use deposit limits that help keep it as fun as possible but I've definitely had my major tilt, blow my pay check on the zero section days. take care 🙂 Also even if I did use gamstop I would find lots of other ways to gamble, crypto and CS:GO skins included. 

If you feel bad over losing 1600  then use it as a way to stop before you end up as @crazyrightmeow  said sitting there  with 6 or 7 figure losses.  I have known people who have lost their homes as well.   

Activate gamstop  ASAP and block gambling transactions  through your bank as well.

I would say plenty of us on here  wish we could have stopped at 19  and  not  left it until it  we had lost relative fortunes.  It you do not stop   no matter how your career progresses or how much you earn you will still always be broke as a gambler.

All of us know gambling is fun but with some of us know that it can also inflict an awful lot of misery.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocknrolla said:

Welcome mate!

3 figures in losses, I don't think there is a single person on here that wouldn't want to trade their loss numbers to yours, so see it as a blessing and fudge it all off before it gets worse! It can and will spiral out of control if you carry on this path, 19 mate try and focus on something else and put those blocks on which will help take some temptation away! 

I would happily pay out 3 figures (actually more like 4 or 5) to have never got involved in the first place

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously its easy to spend £100 in ten minutes online, or in the bookies , and the lure of easy money is real , so as a gambler with vast experience ,I would give you the following advice.

1. Keep your bank accounts separate from your gambling account.

2. Set deposit Limits.

3. Eat properly .

4 walk in nature and change your lifestyle.

5. rest between days of gambling , so that you do not lose your whole bankroll in one go.

6. Pay all your bills as soon as you get paid . 

7. Share your problem with those who love you . Let them help you control your finance. 

8. Never chase ...... its a bad move .

9. don't stay up all night gambling , you will need your energy for work.

10. DONT BORROW FROM FAMILY OR FRIENDS ---- BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP LYING TO THEM . 

11. recognise you are the Problem ,and you are the solution.

12 . if gambling is controlling your life then either take a prolonged break , or GAMSTOP ASAP

13 . don't blame yourself . Regret nothing -- just make decisions that improve the quality of your life.

This is a copy of an answer I gave for this problem to another member !!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Solario333 said:

Obviously its easy to spend £100 in ten minutes online, or in the bookies , and the lure of easy money is real , so as a gambler with vast experience ,I would give you the following advice.

1. Keep your bank accounts separate from your gambling account.

2. Set deposit Limits.

3. Eat properly .

4 walk in nature and change your lifestyle.

5. rest between days of gambling , so that you do not lose your whole bankroll in one go.

6. Pay all your bills as soon as you get paid . 

7. Share your problem with those who love you . Let them help you control your finance. 

8. Never chase ...... its a bad move .

9. don't stay up all night gambling , you will need your energy for work.

10. DONT BORROW FROM FAMILY OR FRIENDS ---- BECAUSE YOU WILL END UP LYING TO THEM . 

11. recognise you are the Problem ,and you are the solution.

12 . if gambling is controlling your life then either take a prolonged break , or GAMSTOP ASAP

13 . don't blame yourself . Regret nothing -- just make decisions that improve the quality of your life.

This is a copy of an answer I gave for this problem to another member !!

Great advice Brother @Solario333, @jamesisaac17 were all ages on here kid, the older guys have lived ur life many times over so it pays to listen to some good advice. Just remember Albert Einstein couldn’t beat the roulette wheel so what chance do we stand!, You’ve seen Rollas wins but he still openly tells everyone he’s still down a helluva lot of money. Take care young man, if you see @philinvicta anywhere in Wales please do me a favour and smash him over the head with a stool if it’s handy 😉

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Great advice Brother @Solario333, @jamesisaac17 were all ages on here kid, the older guys have lived ur life many times over so it pays to listen to some good advice. Just remember Albert Einstein couldn’t beat the roulette wheel so what chance do we stand!, You’ve seen Rollas wins but he still openly tells everyone he’s still down a helluva lot of money. Take care young man, if you see @philinvicta anywhere in Wales please do me a favour and smash him over the head with a stool if it’s handy 😉

And do not forget to warn the sheep if @Blacko  is in town !

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blacko said:

Run for the Welsh hills and don’t stop to look back young man. You’ve got ur full life in front of you, don’t piss it all away gambling.

 

20 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Great advice Brother @Solario333, @jamesisaac17 were all ages on here kid, the older guys have lived ur life many times over so it pays to listen to some good advice. Just remember Albert Einstein couldn’t beat the roulette wheel so what chance do we stand!, You’ve seen Rollas wins but he still openly tells everyone he’s still down a helluva lot of money. Take care young man, if you see @philinvicta anywhere in Wales please do me a favour and smash him over the head with a stool if it’s handy 😉

Great reply mate. and I will definitely smash @philinvicta over the head with a stool when I see him 😉 

  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

And do not forget to warn the sheep if @Blacko  is in town !

I read that as warm the sheep😂 what you saying our blacko likes sloppy seconds.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feck me 19 

I've got boots older than that 

You are standing in a very shallow hole pal, very very shallow 

you can keep digging or jump out now 

If I could turn the clock back to 19 again I know what Id be doing 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Danger slot got out, me and my brother when join deposit 6-7 hrs later we lost £18k betting in £5 £10 bets, never again, since then we never bet hight £2 

The only way to win from gambling if you don't deposit at all

stop it now before it gets to late 

Edited by ISlot
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most here would love to go back and change their trajectory at 19. Even at 30 I question some choices I’ve made. Gambling is a vice at the end of the day and anything you can’t control will have a negative affect long term. 
 

best advice anyone can give you is don’t bother gambling but we’ve all been told it and it’s not resonated. Far better things for you to spend your cash on

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ISlot said:

When Danger slot got out, me and my brother when join deposit 6-7 hrs later we lost £18k betting in £5 £10 bets, never again, since then we never bet hight £2 

The only way to win from gambling if you don't deposit at all

stop it now before it gets to late 

I don’t think figures in this guys case is important. For most his lifetime loss is a bad weekend. Truth of the matter is he has an opportunity most don’t, he’s young and can stop now. Should grasp it with both hands. My gambling now isn’t even about winning or losing, it’s mostly part of my routine. Gambling has never impacted me financially but if I could turn the switch to never gamble again I’d do it in a heart beat. Such an anti social trait. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, andywilliams1187 said:

I would happily pay out 3 figures (actually more like 4 or 5) to have never got involved in the first place

I'd pay that now if it guaranteed I'd never have a punt again. Be the best investment ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2021 at 23:34, Gkell727 said:

I don’t think figures in this guys case is important. For most his lifetime loss is a bad weekend. Truth of the matter is he has an opportunity most don’t, he’s young and can stop now. Should grasp it with both hands. My gambling now isn’t even about winning or losing, it’s mostly part of my routine. Gambling has never impacted me financially but if I could turn the switch to never gamble again I’d do it in a heart beat. Such an anti social trait. 

yee when you gamble for years, gambling feels like wife all time is there never goes away 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this