Sign in to follow this  
VillaLad

My story gambling from Saturday ending with a massive win

Recommended Posts

First part was really good, bought a telly out of the initial winnings. Something I always tried to do, get something or usually give the Mrs half. Cos we all know, that it's only gambling funds, and eventually it will disappear. Can't moralise with you, but hopefully you get something else out of the danger win.  Well done, but obviously a little break would be good 👍

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome win and lovely narrative of the Gambler in his/her element . I am so glad you actually had a decent hit after so much torment . 

Perseverance sometimes pays , but mostly results in major financial calamity . We all enjoy a good win , and until the next time , rest up , eat well , and spend the money wisely , or at least on something you can tangibly appreciate . 

some of the bonuses have really been awful recently !!! 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

First part was really good, bought a telly out of the initial winnings. Something I always tried to do, get something or usually give the Mrs half. Cos we all know, that it's only gambling funds, and eventually it will disappear. Can't moralise with you, but hopefully you get something else out of the danger win.  Well done, but obviously a little break would be good 👍

Mate the missus is on my case for money now cause in her words “you’ll only waste it” which is most probably right as I said in the op I’m determined to not waste it. I’m trying to get hold of a PS5 but there like rocking horse shit 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

Mate the missus is on my case for money now cause in her words “you’ll only waste it” which is most probably right as I said in the op I’m determined to not waste it. I’m trying to get hold of a PS5 but there like rocking horse shit 

I suggest you give her money for the PS5   plus a sum of say 500  quid for her  to use on household expenses/xmas.   Use the rest to play with. 

We are all gamblers and know this run will end sometime but at least you will know you have the new telly + PS5  and a few quid for bills taken care off and you can go back to betting how you normally do feeling happy that you have not spunked away your bit of good fortune

 

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At first I thought you won millions in the end the way you were telling the story. 😂 But I know the feeling when you feel "saved" in the end after the rollercoaster.
Great win and rollercoaster you went through to get it.

Its interesting for me because I had similar experiences to get the massive wins in the past. It was always a huge rollercoaster of emotions and money before I got it many times.
I had my biggest win and cashout because of that.

But that can be bad as well because when you get these big wins after the rollercoasters, it makes you believe and in the future you chase again but most of the times it ends badly like you said.

Im glad it worked this time so get in!

:fudgey:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great save and good hit. , we all know how the cloak of invisibility works, it can be scary.  Try protect you, if you can. Maybe time out for a couple of weeks or even set gambling controls of deposit limits and loss limits. So you don't go into a bigger hole whilst adrenaline is high! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on the win pal. Why not buy yourself a remote control combine harvester 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one, like everyone else said stash it away nice food ps5 bills etc. Xmas isn't far off🙄🎅 the rollercoaster of emotions in your telling of events brought back memories of my youth😐. made up for you 🍺

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% resonate with ur gambling style mate , tilt rinse & repeat , get mad lock casinos , and go for it again when the red mist has lifted the next day , it can work occasionally , but when it doesn't , u end up knee deep ,  very dangerous . most of my big wins happen this way , u know the score , so lock the fkrs up for the foreseeable  . 🤛

  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VillaLad get in there with the nice wins mate. I was telling a few on rob's stream the other day for the first time in 2 years my missus went to the arcade. Reluctantly i accompanied her. By the sounds of it she is no different to you. She won't stop when she starts and would of been there till midnight if i hadn't been there. Anyway i said to her before we went i hope you lose. Baffled by this she asked why. I said gamblers like us ( i mean gamblers with a serious problem) never win. When we lose we lose. When we win we become more addicted gamble more and ultimately in the end give it back and usually more besides. I said if you win today you'll be back Wednesday ( her next day off ) and lose more than you won. If you win Wednesday as well you'll be there all day Thursday and so on basically till it's gone. Anyway she said well what's the best thing that can happen. I said you go today get hammered but miraculously get your money back it scares the shit out of you and walk out even. Fortunately that pretty much happened after been nearly £700 down to been £50 down. Thank feck it's done the job cos she hasn't been back. Point is as much as we'd love to be like the @Solario333 of this world who when they win they then take a break it just doesn't happen. As others have said go steady please mate be careful. Enjoy the winnings.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember that thought on the rare occasion I'd win and the first thing you think of is shit spend it 😅. Get rid of it. What can i buy. Especially if was cash in my pocket. It's like you obviously want to win but then you don't feel comfortable with all that money in your pocket and you just want to put it to good use before the inevitable happens. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

I done extremely well yesterday I didn’t even have a bet I gave the missus a big chunk and also gave her the money for the PS5 to hold for me until I can get one and told her if I ask for it back before I get the PS5 she can kick me in the nuts hearing this a big smile came on her face probably thinking that she will be kicking me in the nuts soon 😂

What I would like to say is since bet365 have started processing withdrawals into your bank within the hour I find it so much easier to withdraw where as before I would hardly ever withdraw as I wouldn’t wait 3 days to clear into the bank.

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Get In There! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kev40 said:

@VillaLad get in there with the nice wins mate. I was telling a few on rob's stream the other day for the first time in 2 years my missus went to the arcade. Reluctantly i accompanied her. By the sounds of it she is no different to you. She won't stop when she starts and would of been there till midnight if i hadn't been there. Anyway i said to her before we went i hope you lose. Baffled by this she asked why. I said gamblers like us ( i mean gamblers with a serious problem) never win. When we lose we lose. When we win we become more addicted gamble more and ultimately in the end give it back and usually more besides. I said if you win today you'll be back Wednesday ( her next day off ) and lose more than you won. If you win Wednesday as well you'll be there all day Thursday and so on basically till it's gone. Anyway she said well what's the best thing that can happen. I said you go today get hammered but miraculously get your money back it scares the shit out of you and walk out even. Fortunately that pretty much happened after been nearly £700 down to been £50 down. Thank feck it's done the job cos she hasn't been back. Point is as much as we'd love to be like the @Solario333 of this world who when they win they then take a break it just doesn't happen. As others have said go steady please mate be careful. Enjoy the winnings.

 

Most gamblers are very stubborn and often will not walk away from a slot until it pays a bonus, and even then may think it should have Paid more...... and the trouble with current online slots is that 99 out of 100 bonuses are very small and can tempt you to continue. All said , after losing for so many years ( 45) I have developed a disciplined approach which forces me to rest after a precise number of days .  This does cut down losses and sometimes we have a winning month or two ..... but really it only enhances the pleasure when I return and often win small amounts.  I am not trying to win huge , because I don't need huge money , I am just trying to live in the moment and enjoy each day , taking pleasure ,not anger, from my betting .  My net deposits are now reduced to 100s instead of tens of 1000s .  In my life food , travel ,leisure , and friends are far more important , but gambling does have a place ,for risk has always and continues to be exciting .  I totally empathise with those who find it difficult to stop until every penny is committed , but have had my fingers burnt far too often to allow that back in my life.  

Walking in nature is my real love , and as some have mentioned , I do like my food ..... and spend all winnings on quality not quantity . 

less speed more rest ............ = a happy day .

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this