Rocknrolla

AJ vs Usyk

2 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

He is good

I’m yet to see any evidence of this…

• Agree 2

You can be a heavyweight champion by having a couple decent fights these days. Fury against wilder was the best he’s been. Everything else was cherry picked stat padding. Joshua’s career been much of the same. 

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gkell727 said:

I’m yet to see any evidence of this…

You dont get to be heavyweight champion without having something. Agree with you, regards the overrated part, tonight showed that once and for all. But he deserves a little respect at the very least. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Levskie101 said:

Not to be a smart arse but anyone thinking usyk didn’t have much of a chance need to watch more boxing.

Of course each fight is different but I think it would be criminal to put Joshua in with fury. 

Having watched the Usyk v Chisora fight, I did not believe that Usyk would be as good as he was tonight against a 'prime' heavyweight. Happy to be proved wrong. 

1 minute ago, 1pstaker said:

You dont get to be heavyweight champion without having something.

He’s extremely tall?

Blokes got 0 technique. Walked through bums most of his career and got found out by Mexican taco truck worker. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

You dont get to be heavyweight champion without having something. Agree with you, regards the overrated part, tonight showed that once and for all. But he deserves a little respect at the very least. 

Sorry I have to disagree 

The fight against klitchko he was always going to win it (it was fixed) you had the next best thing ‘’apparently’’against a bloke who was retiring, AJ had to win that fight for him to have any career. He’s fought nobody’s and as I said earlier he’s so over rated it’s frightening.

• Agree 1

Just now, Gkell727 said:

He’s extremely tall?

Blokes got 0 technique. Walked through bums most of his career and got found out by Mexican taco truck worker. 

Yes, but how many 'bums' win and defend world titles? If he is so bad, how terrible must the rest of the heavyweight division be for him to have got to where he has? 

Ill say no more, cos I will end up sounding like AJ's fan boy 🤣 when I am far from that

Completely out boxed and out classed but agree with all the pundits saying his game plan was all wrong! Wonder if he'll get rid of McCraken after this, either way looking forward to the rematch with Joshua being the outsider

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

You can be a heavyweight champion by having a couple decent fights these days. Fury against wilder was the best he’s been. Everything else was cherry picked stat padding. Joshua’s career been much of the same. 

Are you insinuating the lineal champ champ is picking easy opponents? He would murder the pair of them back to back imo

• Agree 1

Just now, VillaLad said:

Sorry I have to disagree 

The fight against klitchko he was always going to win it (it was fixed) you had the next best thing ‘’apparently’’against a bloke who was retiring, AJ had to win that fight for him to have any career. He’s fought nobody’s and as I said earlier he’s so over rated it’s frightening.

Who has he not fought? Fury and Wilder....who else is there exactly for him to fight? 

2 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

how terrible must the rest of the heavyweight division be for him to have got to where he has? 

Yes, yes now your on to something 

• Agree 1

Just as another observation, what did you lot think about the Rocky music, it had me pumped then Rolla said I think Usyk will like this song, it was awesome anyway and made me want to join the gym again!

4 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

Are you insinuating the lineal champ champ is picking easy opponents? He would murder the pair of them back to back imo

Our traveller friend would fight the devil.. there's a boxer and a fighter, Fury is both.

• Agree 1

Just now, 1pstaker said:

Who has he not fought? Fury and Wilder....who else is there exactly for him to fight? 

He could have fought either of them but his team know he don’t stand a chance against either wilder or fury that’s why the fights haven’t happened. It’s all about money with whoever promotes him and the ppv it’s on to try n keep bigging him up making out he’s great. Good job AJ wasn’t around when Tyson was cause Tyson would have took his head off within 1 minute. I’ve always said AJ is crap and tonight proves it cause no heavyweight champ should be losing to a bloke who’s stepping up a weight.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

Just as another observation, what did you lot think about the Rocky music, it had me pumped then Rolla said I think Usyk will like this song, it was awesome anyway and made me want to join the gym again!

Rocky 2 has learned me that catching a live chicken makes you a right hard bastard, Joshua couldn't catch a frozen one.

• Haha 2

Usyk has surely earned a fight with one of the Paul brothers now hasn’t he?!

• Haha 4

Just now, Gkell727 said:

Watch that music video above, I had a mate that had awesome hair like that and he changed when it got cut to short back and sides :feelsbadman: he even dissed the gypsy king

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, VillaLad said:

He could have fought either of them but his team know he don’t stand a chance against either wilder or fury that’s why the fights haven’t happened. It’s all about money with whoever promotes him and the ppv it’s on to try n keep bigging him up making out he’s great. Good job AJ wasn’t around when Tyson was cause Tyson would have took his head off within 1 minute. I’ve always said AJ is crap and tonight proves it cause no heavyweight champ should be losing to a bloke who’s stepping up a weight.

As with Gkell, I really do not disagree with you!! But boxing is all about protecting the money making machines. Its something that happens at most weights most of the time. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

Maybe Bro, think AJs next fight should be against @ryans_slots.. big walk in with the huge fireworks and all that, interview 100 celebrities pre-fight before watching Ryan sticking poor AJ on his hole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s pretty well known that Hearn and AJ avoided the ortiz fight for example.

Well I say AJ I’m not for one moment saying that he was scared but hearns not stupid protecting his cash cow. Also pretty funny how before this fight AJ was saying if he loses he has a rematch clause and that’s what he will be doing, yet claimed fury ducked him despite the wilder rematch clause which fury’s team thought expired.

Granted his tactics tonight were just strange he looked like he lost far to much size. 

It really would not surprise me if AJ walked away from it all now and retired. He did say earlier this year that he would go on until he is 36 but i don't see him hanging around that long; his record is starting to fall apart a bit now and he does not seem as committed to it. 

Last night was not jsut a case of Uysk out boxing AJ, but you could tell from the start that he just wanted it more. AJ does not have the passion anymore and he has done well career wise, but never really been tested. Would he have been able to compete at the same level if the division was like it was in the late 80's/early 90's? Probably not.

The commentators really pissed me off trying to say all the way through that it was really close and could go either way - my dad and i were just sat there thinking "are they watching the same fight". 

Best man won on the night, boxed well and clearly wanted it a lot more than his opponent. To win on points, in wembley is a massive acheivment and actually gets him more credit than if he had knocked AJ clean out in the first few rounds. 

Waiting for William Hill and Ladbrokes to open so i can go and annoy them first thing on a Sunday - get that fudging safe open love. 

Edited by andywilliams1187

5 hours ago, VillaLad said:

Sorry I have to disagree 

My dad and I have made decent money over the years betting on Klithchko (we usually share our bets) - weirdly he didnt want to get involved with the AJ Klitchko match as he said something wasn't right. I ignored him and lost heavy on that one 😞 

1 hour ago, andywilliams1187 said:

It really would not surprise me if AJ walked away from it all now and retired. He did say earlier this year that he would go on until he is 36 but i don't see him hanging around that long; his record is starting to fall apart a bit now and he does not seem as committed to it. 

Last night was not jsut a case of Uysk out boxing AJ, but you could tell from the start that he just wanted it more. AJ does not have the passion anymore and he has done well career wise, but never really been tested. Would he have been able to compete at the same level if the division was like it was in the late 80's/early 90's? Probably not.

The commentators really pissed me off trying to say all the way through that it was really close and could go either way - my dad and i were just sat there thinking "are they watching the same fight". 

Best man won on the night, boxed well and clearly wanted it a lot more than his opponent. To win on points, in wembley is a massive acheivment and actually gets him more credit than if he had knocked AJ clean out in the first few rounds. 

Waiting for William Hill and Ladbrokes to open so i can go and annoy them first thing on a Sunday - get that fudging safe open love. 

Pretty well summed up there.

Knew Usyk would outbox him early but thought Joshua would get on top later on being so much bigger. 

I haven't watched the fight yet so will be doing that later to really see what went on.

What odds did you get on Usyk by points? 

6 minutes ago, bigbucks1983 said:

What odds did you get on Usyk by points? 

7/2 at the bookies so had a few quid on but a mate of mine who takes private bets offered me 5/1

Privatley i had Usyk to win by knock out (individual rounds, 1-4 100/1, 5-9 80/1, 10-12 - 60/1) then a lump on the overall decsion at 5/1

Also, becuase of @Rocknrolla puuting it into my head i had to put some money on the draw as well haahahahaha

Betting aside, i have just watched the post match interviews. Usyk very humble, just wants to go and see his Mrs. handled it well and quite content. AJ - thought he boxed well in the first 8 rounds (not sure why), blamed injury on the final few rounds.