AJ vs Usyk

Rocknrolla

AJ vs Usyk this Saturday!!

As soon as this fight got announced it seemed like free money to me that AJ was going to knock him out, Usyk has a lot of pedigree but hasnt really faced a top heavyweight let alone arguably the best, any heavy weight can knock the other out but surely Usyk doesn't have that in him. People keep talking about their weight with AJ looking trim and possibly his lightest ever although to me he still looks big and Usyk bulking up, so will wait for the official weigh ins but thats the only thing that has put a little doubt in my head. Everyone's saying (apart from the bookies 4/11 AJ) that this is a 50/50 fight but I'm struggling to see how?! 

AJ to win by KO/TKO or DQ IS 11/10 and a points win is 2/1, I'll probably have a bit on the knockout regardless and a few little punts on maybe which round it will be and regardless of the betting looking forward to watching this one but whats your predictions on this fight? 

• Shocked! 1
  • Keeemon 1

I honestly can't see this as anywhere near a 50/50 pick em fight. I do not see Usyk having the power to trouble AJ, and I feel his ONLY route to victory is a one punch KO (AJ got off the floor before so that will take some doing) and AJ showed a new patience in his second fight with Ruiz so is less vulnerable to that anyway IMO. AJ by early KO or if it settles into a boxing contest AJ by unanimous PTS victory. 

• Keeemon 2

Guest andywilliams1187
23 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

AJ vs Usyk this Saturday!!

As soon as this fight got announced it seemed like free money to me that AJ was going to knock him out, Usyk has a lot of pedigree but hasnt really faced a top heavyweight let alone arguably the best, any heavy weight can knock the other out but surely Usyk doesn't have that in him. People keep talking about their weight with AJ looking trim and possibly his lightest ever although to me he still looks big and Usyk bulking up, so will wait for the official weigh ins but thats the only thing that has put a little doubt in my head. Everyone's saying (apart from the bookies 4/11 AJ) that this is a 50/50 fight but I'm struggling to see how?! 

AJ to win by KO/TKO or DQ IS 11/10 and a points win is 2/1, I'll probably have a bit on the knockout regardless and a few little punts on maybe which round it will be and regardless of the betting looking forward to watching this one but whats your predictions on this fight? 

I dont know mate, I think this might be a lot closer than what people think, Ulysk dominated the cruiserweight divison and he is looking strong; definetley the next big thing for the heavyweight division and more than capable on knocking AJ out. 

Were he will struggle is AJ's speed as he is fast for his size

In al honestly i will be lumping on Ulysk this weekend. 

Edited by andywilliams1187

Guest andywilliams1187
6 minutes ago, 1pstaker said:

I honestly can't see this as anywhere near a 50/50 pick em fight. I do not see Usyk having the power to trouble AJ, and I feel his ONLY route to victory is a one punch KO (AJ got off the floor before so that will take some doing) and AJ showed a new patience in his second fight with Ruiz so is less vulnerable to that anyway IMO. AJ by early KO or if it settles into a boxing contest AJ by unanimous PTS victory. 

I think he does have the power mate, the problem will be AJ's speed as it is difficult to plan for someone as big as AJ who moves that quickly. I do think Usyk will do it though - i can see a big upset this weekend

Edited by andywilliams1187

23 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

I dont know mate, I think this might be a lot closer than what people think, Ulysk dominated the cruiserweight divison and he is looking strong; definetley the next big thing for the heavyweight division and more than capable on knocking AJ out. 

I kinda thought the only way Usyk can win would be to somehow out point him but then people are saying he's put on more bulk then he usually would so surely thats another plus for Joshua who should be dominating the middle and has a longer reach than Usyk. I think the crowd being back and in London are more pluses for AJ, hes used to these big occasions whereas for Usyk this will be by far the biggest he's faced.

Good luck mate, at least one of us will win some money ha!

Guest andywilliams1187
13 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

I kinda thought the only way Usyk can win would be to somehow out point him but then people are saying he's put on more bulk then he usually would so surely thats another plus for Joshua who should be dominating the middle and has a longer reach than Usyk. I think the crowd being back and in London are more pluses for AJ, hes used to these big occasions whereas for Usyk this will be by far the biggest he's faced.

Good luck mate, at least one of us will win some money ha!

Yeah i get what your saying mate - there is a lot going for AJ, but for me Uysk really wants this and he will go after it. 

Hardest bit for me will be getting the bets i want on; local bookies are a right pain (had to split my superbowl bet pre season across four different bookies)

1 hour ago, VillaLad said:

If a little fat bloke from Mexico can knock AJ out then usyk should have no problem.

For me AJ is so over rated it’s frightening 

He might be a little over rated but then hes always fought the main contenders and won, he can't do much more. Ruiz was very under rated and even then had never been knocked down before and AJ came back and out boxed him.

Guest andywilliams1187
7 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

He might be a little over rated but then hes always fought the main contenders and won, he can't do much more. Ruiz was very under rated and even then had never been knocked down before and AJ came back and out boxed him.

AJ went into the first Ruiz fight under-estimating his opponent and thinking he would just put on a show. 

He may do the same this weekend which i will go against him. Either way i think it will be a good match. My man will probably hit the canvas after 7 seconds knowing the way my luck has gone this year lol

1 minute ago, andywilliams1187 said:

AJ went into the first Ruiz fight under-estimating his opponent and thinking he would just put on a show. 

He may do the same this weekend which i will go against him. Either way i think it will be a good match. My man will probably hit the canvas after 7 seconds knowing the way my luck has gone this year lol

I think every under estimated Ruiz but when he knocked him down I think he just got complacent and went for the finish and got caught. You can tell hes learnt from that with the rematch and even the way he boxed against Pulev, with him he caught him a few times but rather than going straight in for the kill played safe and continued to wear him down.

Good luck, like I said either way at least one of us will win, unless its a draw!!

Guest andywilliams1187
26 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

Good luck, like I said either way at least one of us will win, unless its a draw!!

Now im defo going to have to put some money on the draw as well just in case hahahahahaha

@Rocknrolla how wrong could we be?

Usyk absolutely immense, fully deserved the victory, and it was pretty much a landslide. He fought brilliantly, with no fear, and a belief in his skills. Hands up, I never saw that coming at all. 

What now for Joshua? He will fight on of course, but the myth about him is now smashed. He is good, but nothing like he is made out to be. Where was his plan B? He barely moved from the centre of the ring .After 3 rounds he should have rethought his fight...but no, totally 1 dimensional IMO

Great fight though, well worth a watch

• Keeemon 1

On 23/09/2021 at 12:16, andywilliams1187 said:

@andywilliams1187 The Nostradamus of boxing predictions.

1 minute ago, 1pstaker said:

@Rocknrolla how wrong could we be?

Usyk absolutely immense, fully deserved the victory, and it was pretty much a landslide. He fought brilliantly, with no fear, and a belief in his skills. Hands up, I never saw that coming at all. 

What now for Joshua? He will fight on of course, but the myth about him is now smashed. He is good, but nothing like he is made out to be. Where was his plan B? He barely moved from the centre of the ring .After 3 rounds he should have rethought his fight...but no, totally 1 dimensional IMO

Great fight though, well worth a watch

He's always got the Lynx adverts to fall back on.

• Love 2