Premier league golden boot

salfordlad

Guest andywilliams1187
18 minutes ago, Gkell727 said:

A mate got Ronaldo at 18/1 put £100 on. I’d have stuck £5K on had I had an opportunity. Bet he’s a lot shorter now. Him and Lukaku are only 2 who can do it IMO

Your mate did well

image.png.33cba710dc1de58434643ab64157e09d.png

Chelsea I dont think are going to score loads  like A Man City do, they will settle for 2 nils so not Lukaku. Kane dont want to be at Spurs and looked disinterested last weekend so not him. Ronaldo? Possibly, but I still feel Utd are not exactly a 'team'. Fernandes was their saviour last year and now a 2 man team with Ronaldo, although he is as selfish as they come so may be some disharmony along the lines.

That of course leaves 2...Salah and Mane, both previous winners. Salah the safer bet, but after last seasons disappointment, and a not too bad start to this, I think Mane is a good outside bet wanting to prove himself again

3 hours ago, Blacko said:

I remember all the bluster saying Ronaldo was too old to return to the EPL when he re signed for United.. what a crock of bollocks. Still in fantastic shape and the sharpest footballing brain. Good luck with the Ronaldo top scorer bets troops, looks a shoe in.

He had a lot of time out last year.  I would also expect the champions league might affect his league starts during   the season.

He is too old !  No matter how fit you are age catches up with you

6 hours ago, philinvicta said:

He had a lot of time out last year.  I would also expect the champions league might affect his league starts during   the season.

He is too old !  No matter how fit you are age catches up with you

A lot of time out last year but didn’t he still out score lukaku by about 5 goals in the same league? 👀

• Keeemon 1

4 hours ago, Andymitzy said:

A lot of time out last year but didn’t he still out score lukaku by about 5 goals in the same league? 👀

He did  but the team was set up a bit like United for everybody to give it to Ronaldo     so far United have put in nearly twice as many crosses  since he started .  Juventus did not score more goals in his time there.   Most of his goals came against poor teams such as he has played so far in the premiership   and not against the better teams and I would say there are more defences in the premier league that will be able to restrict him  and also if he is to be rested  then it is more likely to be against poorer teams later in the season.    I would imagine that he will score around 20 goals in the premier league this season (assuming he gets penalties)  and I doubt that will be enough to make him leading scorer.

Just my opinion  if people want to back him  I wish them good luck but I would expect Salah to outscore him 

5 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

He did  but the team was set up a bit like United for everybody to give it to Ronaldo     so far United have put in nearly twice as many crosses  since he started .  Juventus did not score more goals in his time there.   Most of his goals came against poor teams such as he has played so far in the premiership   and not against the better teams and I would say there are more defences in the premier league that will be able to restrict him  and also if he is to be rested  then it is more likely to be against poorer teams later in the season.    I would imagine that he will score around 20 goals in the premier league this season (assuming he gets penalties)  and I doubt that will be enough to make him leading scorer.

Just my opinion  if people want to back him  I wish them good luck but I would expect Salah to outscore him 

He'll get a lot of penalties. I watched the last fifteen minutes of the West Ham game and he fell over three times in the box trying to get a penalty. #cheatingtwat 

2 hours ago, Blampy said:

He'll get a lot of penalties. I watched the last fifteen minutes of the West Ham game and he fell over three times in the box trying to get a penalty. #cheatingtwat 

Last year Bruno  scored 9 penalties out of  his total goals scored of 18.   This year I expect that due to the rules amendments that United will get less penalties  and  Ronaldo does not have as good  a record of scoring them as Bruno  so  I reckon he could maybe get 5    as he may also not be on the pitch all the time penalties are awarded.   

He also is such a diver that even penalty shouts that look a certain penalty were not given last week end.  

2 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

Carbe to set an over under   bet for 50 quid money to GESH

one of us sets the over under number and the other picks  over or under

I don't gamble no more.. hang your head in shame sir...

Anyway I'll wager 50 notes he scores more than ten.

Edited by Blacko

7 minutes ago, philinvicta said:

I will set the number at 22 goals (currently 3)  in the premier league   you get to pick over or under

Giving the fact of his age I'm proposing it should be set at 18, you did say he has been injury prone broski.

Either way its a lovely gesture to base the wager on a donation to gesh so I'm grateful hardman.

4 minutes ago, Blacko said:

Giving the fact of his age I'm proposing it should be set at 18, you did say he has been injury prone broski.

Either way its a lovely gesture to base the wager on a donation to gesh so I'm grateful hardman.

if you think lower then  pick that and leave me with the over   I really did not think I was making this hard 

Edited by philinvicta