Paul Merson on GMB today

Jok3st3r

God help me' Paul Merson in tears as he opens up on 'scary' addiction which lost him £7m

PAUL MERSON broke down in tears on Tuesday's Good Morning Britain as he reflected on his gambling addiction and his struggles during lockdown

Paul Merson discussed his new memoir Hooked: Addiction and the Long Road to Recover with Richard Madeley and Susanna Reid on Tuesday’s Good Morning Britain. The former England and Arsenal footballer opening up on his battle with addiction as he revealed he slipped back into destructive patterns during lockdown.

Pointing to a handwritten note included in the book, Susanna said: “You wrote on the 30th of August, ‘I need to stop gambling I love my wife and kids and I’m so happy with them.

“‘When I was in Orlando with my wife and two children it was the happiest I’ve been in years because I wasn’t gambling.

“‘I hate myself when I gamble, I hate it please help me god, I need to pay everyone back and get my wife and kids a house please gold help me.”

Paul broke down in tears as he reflected on his powerful words. 

Full article here.....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1490852/Paul-Merson-crying-gambling-addiction-lost-7-million/amp

• Agree 3

9 hours ago, MrUKHackz said:

The Mad thing is it was Paul Merson who identified Razor Ruddock had a drink problem and helped him get clean. Addiction comes for everyone :feelscryman:

Whether it is to subconsciously alleviate our own guilt by doing something good or distract ourselves from our own problems or just being good natured, I think many of us gambling addicts as such are often quick to help others.