Sign in to follow this  
Bangers

Flying Scotsman - Doncaster Friday ?

Nothing yet is set in stone but hopefully we'll know a lot more in the next 24hrs on what trainer Hugo Palmer goes for.

The colt has three entries so far but I feel connections will opt for Friday's Flying Scotsman Stakes, 16 still remain entered and it looks a decent race but if the 2yr old lines up Id be very confident of a bold show, he won his debut at Doncaster drawing clear of the field but was a bit of a disappointment NTO at York in the Tattersalls Acomb Stakes on 18th Aug, for me that was a strange race that can be overlooked and hopefully he can show his true colours again on a track he's already been impressive on.

His last race at York was in a small field of five and York can be a funny track for certain horses, Doncaster is a great true track for gallopers so if they decide to take their chances on Friday in this ( Class 1 ) I'd be happy ignoring his 3rd at York and giving him another chance to show what he can do.

As soon as the declarations have been announced it will let us know a bit more but I hope they choose Doncaster. 

13:40 Doncaster - Dubawi Legend 3/1 with Hills     -   Hold fire till we know he runs 

• Like 1
  • Keeeeemon! 1
  • Good Luck! 1

2 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Nothing yet is set in stone but hopefully we'll know a lot more in the next 24hrs on what trainer Hugo Palmer goes for.

The colt has three entries so far but I feel connections will opt for Friday's Flying Scotsman Stakes, 16 still remain entered and it looks a decent race but if the 2yr old lines up Id be very confident of a bold show, he won his debut at Doncaster drawing clear of the field but was a bit of a disappointment NTO at York in the Tattersalls Acomb Stakes on 18th Aug, for me that was a strange race that can be overlooked and hopefully he can show his true colours again on a track he's already been impressive on.

His last race at York was in a small field of five and York can be a funny track for certain horses, Doncaster is a great true track for gallopers so if they decide to take their chances on Friday in this ( Class 1 ) I'd be happy ignoring his 3rd at York and giving him another chance to show what he can do.

As soon as the declarations have been announced it will let us know a bit more but I hope they choose Doncaster. 

13:40 Doncaster - Dubawi Legend 3/1 with Hills     -   Hold fire till we know he runs 

No

Now pulled from the Flying Scotsman race 

All Group entries now 

Was really hoping they'd go for the listed race on Friday 

Shame 

• Like 1

Only watched the race but he ran well

Worth keeping note of for next year as still a baby and will win races 

kegend.PNG

6 hours ago, Bangers said:

Only watched the race but he ran well

Worth keeping note of for next year as still a baby and will win races 

kegend.PNG

Maybe going to the Breeders cup

@Bangers next time you go racing here drop me and message! Me ,you ,racing  and maybe a bit of drinky poo’s 😎

11 hours ago, therealwintersoldier said:

Maybe going to the Breeders cup

I'm leaving that place well WELL ALONE fella 

Past years burnt fingers 

2016 - Alice Springs - £1200 Win bet 

2019 - Kamari - £500 Win bet ''maybe more'' trying to forget 

2020 - Princess Noor - £500 or maybe £700 win 

I still have the slips and I'm 100% positive bar Alice springs as the site wasn't running then that I put both Kamari & Princess Noor up on here 

Just not my place at all 

My first ever big loss was Henry Cecil's Reference Point - not sure the year,  I've defo flung in the towel on the place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 19 Neighbours said:

@Bangers next time you go racing here drop me and message! Me ,you ,racing  and maybe a bit of drinky poo’s 😎

Pretty sure actually meeting females outwith Scotland would mean breaching my probation agreement 

This register is just OBSURD  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bangers said:

Pretty sure actually meeting females outwith Scotland would mean breaching my probation agreement 

This register is just OBSURD  

Hahaahaha ffs