Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, andywilliams1187 said:

An optimist will look at this promotion as a really good thing

All these so called promotions all have the same target 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bangers said:

When you were saying about the different kinds of gamblers on here or even just in life,  You forgot one in my opinion,  the gambler that totally does his or her bollocks in but says nothing, just leaves, not everyone likes to talk about the situation he or she has got themselves into, some people have took their own lives because of the shame of what they done. 

 

  

Agreed mate - i hadn't thought of that but its a very good point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bangers said:

And with a big incentive 

When you were saying about the different kinds of gamblers on here or even just in life,  You forgot one in my opinion,  the gambler that totally does his or her bollocks in but says nothing, just leaves, not everyone likes to talk about the situation he or she has got themselves into, some people have took their own lives because of the shame of what they done. 

BTG could have easily arranged another style of giveaway that was celebrating whatever BS  lure this is, but encouraging lots of already damaged people to play in this style for possibly a lot longer than they would normally along with what they most probably can't afford is a new level for TGC 

  

You talk alot of sense @Bangers and i agree with much of what you say. However i haven't commented on this thread cos i feel I'm in the minority of the " problem gambler " category. Personally i don't agree with promotions like this and i also i don't agree with the way btg have introduced games that basically induces players to carry on playing ( i e losing more money). Unfortunately though i am biased as a problem gambler myself so it's hard to determine whether promotions like these are acceptable or whether they do more harm then good. The way btg invent games isn't much dissimilar to progressive pots which were banned in 2003 but before long were somehow back in circulation within 12 months.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

You talk alot of sense @Bangers and i agree with much of what you say. However i haven't commented on this thread cos i feel I'm in the minority of the " problem gambler " category. Personally i don't agree with promotions like this and i also i don't agree with the way btg have introduced games that basically induces players to carry on playing ( i e losing more money). Unfortunately though i am biased as a problem gambler myself so it's hard to determine whether promotions like these are acceptable or whether they do more harm then good. The way btg invent games isn't much dissimilar to progressive pots which were banned in 2003 but before long were somehow back in circulation within 12 months.

I'm not attacking anyone on a personal basis Kev I'm purely putting over my disappointment in the common sense behind how I see things, for you to say you are a problem gambler instantly gets my respect, I'm no different mate and if I do my balls in I'll say, I'm not one of this sites cherry pickers that only login to post a winning slot video or winning run on roulette, I've openly said on here a few times I can talk about both side of the gambling coin, the good and the bad. 

I'm not a big slot player but I still have enough experience to put across my opinion and concerns, I read a lot on here and I could name about 90% of the people ''through experience'' I see as badly damaged gamblers.

Totally agree with you on the design of so many of these games and the clever thought behind them, they always find a new way if a certain road is blocked, as I always say .........All they've done is shuffle the deck. 

It's not my site so my opinion is weak but what I will say is this, they can have as many promotions as they wish and I can't stop them, but these promotions are always the same with the same target, line the gamblers up and point them to the slots. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bangers said:

I'm not attacking anyone on a personal basis Kev I'm purely putting over my disappointment in the common sense behind how I see things, for you to say you are a problem gambler instantly gets my respect, I'm no different mate and if I do my balls in I'll say, I'm not one of this sites cherry pickers that only login to post a winning slot video or winning run on roulette, I've openly said on here a few times I can talk about both side of the gambling coin, the good and the bad. 

I'm not a big slot player but I still have enough experience to put across my opinion and concerns, I read a lot on here and I could name about 90% of the people ''through experience'' I see as badly damaged gamblers.

Totally agree with you on the design of so many of these games and the clever thought behind them, they always find a new way if a certain road is blocked, as I always say .........All they've done is shuffle the deck. 

It's not my site so my opinion is weak but what I will say is this, they can have as many promotions as they wish and I can't stop them, but these promotions are always the same with the same target, line the gamblers up and point them to the slots. 

You're a top bloke mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Kev40 said:

You're a top bloke mate 

Nope - I'm just a man with a rare gift at finding short priced racehorses that end up running slower than the others. 

 

peace-peace-out.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bangers said:

And with a big incentive 

When you were saying about the different kinds of gamblers on here or even just in life,  You forgot one in my opinion,  the gambler that totally does his or her bollocks in but says nothing, just leaves, not everyone likes to talk about the situation he or she has got themselves into, some people have took their own lives because of the shame of what they done. 

BTG could have easily arranged another style of giveaway that was celebrating whatever BS  lure this is, but encouraging lots of already damaged people to play in this style for possibly a lot longer than they would normally along with what they most probably can't afford is a new level for TGC 

  

New level for TGC?! What a shock a slot provider promotion on a gambling forum, its like complaining about a casino running a slot race but only for gamblers! 

You're making a big assumption about the majority of people on here near 12,000 members, encouraging a lot of damaged people what 12 people of which so far are made up of 2 mods and 6 new accounts. For the majority of the people that do it they do it for entertainment. Its part and parcel of the game, when Mega Moolah's jackpot is high people then play it, when Mega Joker progressive is high people play it, when a slot comes out with a huge max win potential people will play, when there's a fish game people will play it, there will always be an angle from a casino or slot provider but I'd like to think people on here know the score. When looking at things with the sole perspective of gambling is bad or what encourages it then you could turn anything into to that viewpoint, maybe your tips are bad, maybe your selections encourage people to bet more, maybe free giveaways to non gamblers will tempt them back to gambling, maybe just being on a gambling forum is unhealthy, its impossible to find a medium between the two except that anyone that is struggling should reach out or use the tools out there available. 

This forum allows all forms of honest opinion and you know I respect yours but you know yourself anyone with issues has to take action for themselves, be honest with themselves and want to!

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

New level for TGC?! What a shock a slot provider promotion on a gambling forum, its like complaining about a casino running a slot race but only for gamblers! 

You're making a big assumption about the majority of people on here near 12,000 members, encouraging a lot of damaged people what 12 people of which so far are made up of 2 mods and 6 new accounts. For the majority of the people that do it they do it for entertainment. Its part and parcel of the game, when Mega Moolah's jackpot is high people then play it, when Mega Joker progressive is high people play it, when a slot comes out with a huge max win potential people will play, when there's a fish game people will play it, there will always be an angle from a casino or slot provider but I'd like to think people on here know the score. When looking at things with the sole perspective of gambling is bad or what encourages it then you could turn anything into to that viewpoint, maybe your tips are bad, maybe your selections encourage people to bet more, maybe free giveaways to non gamblers will tempt them back to gambling, maybe just being on a gambling forum is unhealthy, its impossible to find a medium between the two except that anyone that is struggling should reach out or use the tools out there available. 

This forum allows all forms of honest opinion and you know I respect yours but you know yourself anyone with issues has to take action for themselves, be honest with themselves and want to!

 

 

Would you say the 10k incentive is a big added attraction for gamblers to be encouraged to play more  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Would you say the 10k incentive is a big added attraction for gamblers to be encouraged to play more  ?

Again you could say that about anything, do you think having a slot with a 7 million pound jackpot encourages more play? 10k is a very generous giveaway, its also a promotion for them but still a big giveaway they probably don't even need to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have probably been more on bangers side in the past but since gamstop has come out there is really no excuse anymore 

The only way I can see you having an argument is if Paul was to advertise crypto or non uk licenced casinos and you know that's not going to happen 

The big problem is these twitch streamers streaming to a majority teen base pushing them into these crypto and non licenced casinos 

Barking up the wrong tree in my opinion 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only problem with gambling is when you don’t win.

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For me TGC in the past meant a lot of different things, decent people ''who are still here'' sadly some have moved on or have even been banned, I still valued the views and opinions of those that were banned, I can only really compare this site with one other in regards to adverts or ''hidden adverts'' as that site and here have been my only online gambling related sites I've visited / Joined.

Maybe things have just evolved or gathered pace but this place now just isn't the same when it's plastered with a slot provider,  might sound daft but I had this place down at the start as an escape from gambling or a place for sharing the good and the bad or even giving a little advice to someone that had hit a bad spot through gambling, I've read some very honest stuff on here from honest people and that's something I admire and respect, I don't know all the back story to all the streamers as I was late to the party but I did attempt to catch up as long as I had the interest, I just can't remember this place ever being so packed full of encouragement for slots.

Marketing in any field always has it's big thinkers that drum up new ideas, how to get them drinking our juice or eating our pizza even buying our cars, the promotions on here unless I'm wrong are bigger than ever and now this one that lasts for weeks will cause and inflict a lot more ''unseen'' damage than most people will know.

@Rocknrolla just to Quote you  For the majority of the people that do it they do it for entertainment.

Is that not yo making a big assumption ? 

Playing for entertainment is an ideal world, but a great deal of the members on here are registered with gamstop or the likes for a good reason. 

Might be more registering when this promotion ends, we'll possibly not even know about them.  

Edited by Bangers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bangers said:

For me TGC in the past meant a lot of different things, decent people ''who are still here'' sadly some have moved on or have even been banned, I still valued the views and opinions of those that were banned, I can only really compare this site with one other in regards to adverts or ''hidden adverts'' as that site and here have been my only online gambling related sites I've visited / Joined.

Maybe things have just evolved or gathered pace but this place now just isn't the same when it's plastered with a slot provider,  might sound daft but I had this place down at the start as an escape from gambling or a place for sharing the good and the bad or even giving a little advice to someone that had hit a bad spot through gambling, I've read some very honest stuff on here from honest people and that's something I admire and respect, I don't know all the back story to all the streamers as I was late to the party but I did attempt to catch up as long as I had the interest, I just can't remember this place ever being so packed full of encouragement for slots.

Marketing in any field always has it's big thinkers that drum up new ideas, how to get them drinking our juice or eating our pizza even buying our cars, the promotions on here unless I'm wrong are bigger than ever and now this one that lasts for weeks will cause and inflict a lot more ''unseen'' damage than most people will know.

@Rocknrolla just to Quote you  For the majority of the people that do it they do it for entertainment.

Is that not yo making a big assumption ? 

Playing for entertainment is an ideal world, but a great deal of the members on here are registered with gamstop or the likes for a good reason. 

Might be more registering when this promotion ends, we'll possibly not even know about them.  

For me the viewpoint I have is those trying this promo aren't new to slots and when they're having their usual slot bash would simply swap one of their usual slots they play with one from this comp. Slot races where people play a specific slot are on most casinos with prizes awarded for biggest wins, its a promo for the casino and the provider but can also be an added chance for the player to win something extra and in some cases could also be considered advantage play. 

We should always be wary of the dangers and look out for our fellow gambler but also know what site this is, as you're making it sound like BTG are targeting a GA site. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bangers Thinking more about it and this isn't our comp but I do prefer the comps where the min entry is say 50 or 100x win pic and then its just a random draw from those entries, would probably reduce any possible chasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Rocknrolla said:

@Bangers Thinking more about it and this isn't our comp but I do prefer the comps where the min entry is say 50 or 100x win pic and then its just a random draw from those entries, would probably reduce any possible chasing.

I aint firing any personal bullets and I understand how the site works 

You and me fully understand the pitfalls and that all comes from hardened experiences , it's impossible to stop people from doing what they want to do and what I've said is purely just an opinion.  

Edited by Bangers
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bangers I still see TGC as all those things, decent people (sadly some no longer here) supportive members, funny members, annoying members, knowledgeable members etc, etc, isn't that what makes TGC better than the rest, not a giveaways, the members. 

The one downside I've had since this giveaway was announced and the banners appeared is the site taking ages to load. 😟

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jok3st3r said:

@Bangers I still see TGC as all those things, decent people (sadly some no longer here) supportive members, funny members, annoying members, knowledgeable members etc, etc, isn't that what makes TGC better than the rest, not a giveaways, the members. 

The one downside I've had since this giveaway was announced and the banners appeared is the site taking ages to load. 😟

Yeh agree 

I hate reading about someone who's lost, I still remember last Christmas the girl who joined purely for advice as she had lost about 14k, she got some great advice and she returned a few times with a few updates, that feeling of embarrassment and shame can only truly be felt by living it, I still think about her story and have even spoke with a few others about her situation with a few pals away from here, even still hope now she turned things around. 

Miller & Blacko feck even Denman have provided some side splitting laughs on this site,  I know comps and Promo's are necessary but some of they slots are just brutal on people, I've even watched a Bandit upload and if he's took a stinker I've been gutted too lol. 

The site loading speed is the very same for me.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bangers said:

Miller & Blacko feck even Denman have provided some side splitting laughs on this site

 

100% agree about the laughs...... few people who are no longer here left a hole for sure, maybe they will return one day. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jok3st3r said:

@Bangers I still see TGC as all those things, decent people (sadly some no longer here) supportive members, funny members, annoying members, knowledgeable members etc, etc, isn't that what makes TGC better than the rest, not a giveaways, the members. 

The one downside I've had since this giveaway was announced and the banners appeared is the site taking ages to load. 😟

It was taking nearly a minute to load the main forum page for me for two days

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slot - Slot Vegas

Name - laterzuk

Win - 877.45x stake

Time - 04.06

Date - 24/08/2021

Location - UK

Casino - Videoslots

slotvegas877_45x.thumb.jpg.df39fbc4cdb8f7ada6198db37aa50eb4.jpg

  • Jackpot! 1
  • Keeeeemon! 1
  • Good Luck! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

66x best I could manage after just getting bored playing it.

Party Casino 

24.08.21

19:42  GMT

Player1173 

Screenshot_20210824-194247.jpg

Edited by Player1173
Added more info
  • Good Luck! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now