Electric Vehicles

Guest andywilliams1187

Guest andywilliams1187

Just wondering if anyone has an all electric vehicle (not a milk float, as in a decent car/4x4)

My car warranty expires next year and considering either extending it on my trusty diesel or looking at an electric one. Ive looked at the new mustang but when i went for a test drive, the salesman did inform me that the advertised mileage is basically for how Miss Daisy drives, and they way i drove it i would be lucky to get 150 miles to a full charge. I did point out that it is a mustang and therefore should be thrown around corners on two wheels. 

The bit that is really putting me off (apart from having to plug it in everywhere i go) is that you only lease the batteries, they are extortionate and the yearly mileage allowance is shocking. 

Does anyone who drives "normal" business miles (e.g. 30000+ a year) have one and can let me know if it is a worthwhile investment or should i jsut stick with my diesel. 

Please note my decision is not based on saving the enviroment - i just want to get from A to B and back without having to stop every couple of hours. 

Guest andywilliams1187
19 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

I don't have an electric vehicle but I do have an interest in them, Tesla Model S Plaid to be exact, 200mph out the box, long range and charges in 30 mins, oh and it drives itself!

I think Volvo are doing a nice one now that @Gkell727 was thinking of getting next.

Yeah i looked at them - the only problem is the repair costs. I watched a video on Youtube last week where someone had an issue with the charging port under the car - Tesla quoted around $6k for the repair. 

A local mechanic fixed it for $400 

Guest andywilliams1187
1 minute ago, 4houghts said:

Ye I've seen that a few times and done it myself 

I think it would be weird getting used to the fact that if your electric car makes a noise, its probably broken lol

I don't think the technology is there just yet. My biggest issue is I can't afford a new EV (not that I hold with buying new vehicles due to the depreciation loss) and the batteries have a shelf life of approx 8 years and then they all need renewed.  I was toying with the idea of buying a hybrid Lexus a couple of years ago which came up at a great price but what put me off is if the battery bank dies it would be 4k to replace it which was more than the car was going for.

I think some purely electric cars have a function to pipe out artificial engine noise from speakers to give pedestrians and other cars in car parks the heads up you are coming.

I'm also not sure how this drive to get everyone driving all electric is going to be viable because as far as I'm aware there is not enough rare earth minerals on the planet to facilitate this.

• Keeemon 2

Guest andywilliams1187
2 minutes ago, MrUKHackz said:

It's wonderful, imagine me maneuvering around the A30 at 3am at 200mph silently while watching Netflix and playing cyberpunk at 4k (not at the same time!) 

I did look at the electric bikes as well but not sure how i will let traffic know to get out of the way. Usually i just drop the clutch and rev the engine 

4 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

I did look at the electric bikes as well but not sure how i will let traffic know to get out of the way. Usually i just drop the clutch and rev the engine 

You can set the Model s to be anything you want from a Rotary engine to a V10 and everything in between! 

This is a cammed hellcat!!!

• Keeemon 1

46 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Just wondering if anyone has an all electric vehicle (not a milk float, as in a decent car/4x4)

My car warranty expires next year and considering either extending it on my trusty diesel or looking at an electric one. Ive looked at the new mustang but when i went for a test drive, the salesman did inform me that the advertised mileage is basically for how Miss Daisy drives, and they way i drove it i would be lucky to get 150 miles to a full charge. I did point out that it is a mustang and therefore should be thrown around corners on two wheels. 

The bit that is really putting me off (apart from having to plug it in everywhere i go) is that you only lease the batteries, they are extortionate and the yearly mileage allowance is shocking. 

Does anyone who drives "normal" business miles (e.g. 30000+ a year) have one and can let me know if it is a worthwhile investment or should i jsut stick with my diesel. 

Please note my decision is not based on saving the enviroment - i just want to get from A to B and back without having to stop every couple of hours. 

I own tesla for 4 years now very good car I do a lot of miles UK-EU  best about it first model was a free charger free internet free Spotify free updates...upgrading next year waiting for delivery 

Screenshot_2021-07-28_at_15_55_28.png

• Good Luck! 1

Guest andywilliams1187
17 minutes ago, 4houghts said:

@Mad Slasher McGurk yep I remember the constant yearly articles saying we are running out of minerals for batteries (mainly lithium) but now they want every car electric 🙃

One of our clients in work has a massive off shore windfarm which went down really well with the green brigade. 

They have just sold it for half a billion plus a % of mined ore - apparently no one realised they put the wind farms on a massive underwater lithium mine. Drilling to start soon. Green brigade are not happy anymore. 

Guest andywilliams1187
13 minutes ago, ISlot said:

I own tesla for 4 years now very good car I do a lot of miles UK-EU  best about it first model was a free charger free internet free Spotify free updates...upgrading next year waiting for delivery 

Roughly what does it cost to charge up mate - thats one of my main concerns/queries as not sure how much it costs to charge at a service station/at home etc. 

17 minutes ago, andywilliams1187 said:

Roughly what does it cost to charge up mate - thats one of my main concerns/queries as not sure how much it costs to charge at a service station/at home etc. 

free charging part of the deal I only pay when I charge at home. even if you have to pay for a charger is like 20 max 30quit.. supercharger takes 15min to charge full normal charger about 40min home charger overnight standard plug, I check every 6month tyers brakes and one time a year full check, not much they can check tyers and brakes never had a problem with. new model is the longer range. only 2 cars worth buying on electric now is Tesla and the new VW Id 3 and 4,but Tesla has a lot of charging station all over Eu and UK

Screenshot 2021-07-28 at 16.18.31.png

Edited by ISlot
  • Keeemon 1

My wheelie bin has more character than them but the ''electric world'' is being rammed down our throats,  all these big cartel utility companies piss themselves laughing now at the profits they make let alone the future.

The new electric world is riddled with flaws the No-1 being we don't all have a double garage to park in and charge, No-2 the sheer length of time it takes to charge up, I mean look at how busy some service stations can get NOW TODAY and that's just from people filling up getting a snack and driving off,  thankfully I'll not be around to fully witness the full electric shit.

I'm sure the new ipad generation will love them, those people that have been raised glued to various screens. 

God Help them. 

Guest andywilliams1187
4 minutes ago, Bangers said:

My wheelie bin has more character than them but the ''electric world'' is being rammed down our throats,  all these big cartel utility companies piss themselves laughing now at the profits they make let alone the future.

The new electric world is riddled with flaws the No-1 being we don't all have a double garage to park in and charge, No-2 the sheer length of time it takes to charge up, I mean look at how busy some service stations can get NOW TODAY and that's just from people filling up getting a snack and driving off,  thankfully I'll not be around to fully witness the full electric shit.

I'm sure the new ipad generation will love them, those people that have been raised glued to various screens. 

God Help them. 

One of the main things that really puts me off is that i cant service/repair it myself. 

A good old petrol or diesel engine is a piece of piss to work on once you have done it a couple of times - mainly paying for labour at garages which is why i started working on them myself. 

1 minute ago, andywilliams1187 said:

One of the main things that really puts me off is that i cant service/repair it myself. 

A good old petrol or diesel engine is a piece of piss to work on once you have done it a couple of times - mainly paying for labour at garages which is why i started working on them myself. 

on tesla, not much you can service all they do new updates and they send you text to let you know we doing tonight's update...Tesla is not a good car for criminals coz they know everything about car movement 😂